These Saints fans just love us

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
These Saints fans just love us
Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:16 pm
  • Well that is a bit surprising. Some of them even wanted to place bets on the Hawks to win the SB! 8)
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Re: These Saints fans just love us
Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:17 pm
  • It probably makes them feel a little better seeing what the team that beat them in the playoffs matured into.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:23 pm
  • This post damn near brought a tear to my eye.

LORD BREESUS wrote:I'm in downtown Seattle today and let me tell you guys, this city lives and dies Seahawks football. Every building and store has green and blue everywhere with Seahawks decorations, cars are driving around bumping that "get out of your mind" song which plays at quest everytime you hear the crowd go insane. Even the space needle had a big 12th man flag.

Pretty safe to say I'm pulling for Seattle the rest of the way, reminds me of the who dat nation, awesome city to be in.

And the Seahawks are sharing our growing hate for the 49ers and match up against the failcons next week? Hope to see the Seahawks dismantle them, and face off against the ninety again and repeat their last match up.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:40 pm
  • Love this about the incident at the end of the game :). Poor old man being Sherman

Quote:
    Originally Posted by saintlyn8
    This moron better be suspended at the start of next season along with a hefty fine.

Agree, poor old man was just standing there!
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:41 pm
  • Went through about 6 pages, pretty nice seeing an outsiders perspective. It's safe to say they're extremely biased against the Falcons though.

It surprises me that most of them seemed like they had an idea what they were talking about. One of the first threads I've seen on another team's forum that actually had some intelligent observations of how the Seahawks have played this season.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:43 pm
  • Yeah, i've been hoping to see Guido weigh in with some nfc south intel for us.

Nice find btw Smoke. I almost want to come down on Sunday and watch the game at a bar or something just to revel in the atmosphere.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:48 pm
  • How in the world did you find this OP? pretty cool
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:06 pm
  • Sorry fellas but they hate the falcons just that much. This is just revenge sex for them. But hey, who says were above gettin some a dat. Feels soo good.
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:07 pm
  • Well they have nothing better to do but watch and hope Atlanta chokes in the playoff's from their couches LOL. A losing record will do that to ya. I tell ya it would be satisfying to hoist a Lombardi in the swamperdome of all places.
    Dirty Bird
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:23 pm
  • you should see the More Sports Board on TigerDroppings.com. They have man crushes on our DB's and Browner has a cult following. The Saints/LSU fans love our defense.
    "Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:31 am
  • hawksfan515 wrote:Well that is a bit surprising. Some of them even wanted to place bets on the Hawks to win the SB! 8)

its the Aints...the same ones who are STILL complaining about missing the SB when its in the aints home....you do realize the only way for this season to be the worst ever is if the Falcons make the SB right? they'll cheer for you and if the Hawks lose our next competitor will be the new favorite...to be fair, even if it was the Aints vs 2 yr olds id bet on the 2 yr olds all day... :mrgreen:
    keepertd
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:18 am
  • MLOhawks wrote:you should see the More Sports Board on TigerDroppings.com. They have man crushes on our DB's and Browner has a cult following. The Saints/LSU fans love our defense.

As an LSU fan, i can confirm this. Love it.
    Shadyhawk182
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:24 pm
  • The majority of Saints fans near me...could not care less about football at the moment. They are more interested in how the bounty case is progressing. These guys just want us to beat the Falcons so they can be miserable together. Then the hate will start up again.
    Louisiana has the most disloyal fanbase in the world.....
    cajunhawk
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:33 pm
  • Thats Fun to read.
    5280Hawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:37 pm
  • Dirty Bird wrote:............. I tell ya it would be satisfying to hoist a Lombardi in the swamperdome of all places.

Holy cannoli, that must be a terrifying thought for some Saints fans indeed.
    652cHAWK
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*

Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:13 pm
  • 2nd to .NET, TigerDroppings might be the best sports forum on the planet....if you can get past the smell of corn dogs.
    CrimsonWazzu
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:17 pm
  • Thats pretty cool.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:23 pm
  • It's understandable.. the Saints like the Falcons about as much as we like the 49ers.

I'm sure the feeling is mutual from the Falcons side.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:30 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:It's understandable.. the Saints like the Falcons about as much as we like the 49ers.

I'm sure the feeling is mutual from the Falcons side.

Can't stand them, and they can't stand us.

And I can tell you the Falcons winning a Super Bowl at all, much less on their home field is a nightmare scenario for them.

This is why it is imperative that we win the SB this year, just to twist the dagger in their gut, and to get Tony G that ring before he retires.

I respect your team, and I know it's going to be like a steel cage death match, but we've got to do whatever it takes to get it done. :thfight7:
    Rocky_Mtn_Falcon
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:31 pm
  • Guido......We need you here bro.
    Hey Rams, look at the bright side..........After this Sunday, you'll have a higher draft pick
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:42 pm
  • They're terrified of us winning the Lombardi in their Toilet Bowl...the Commodome, if you will. Nothing would make me happier than to do just that.

652cHAWK wrote:
    Dirty Bird wrote:............. I tell ya it would be satisfying to hoist a Lombardi in the swamperdome of all places.

Holy cannoli, that must be a terrifying thought for some Saints fans indeed.

Exactly. This is the freakin dream right here. Think about winning the SB in San Francisco...how great would that feel for you guys?

You can have next year. :D This year is the biggest for Falcon fans.

Meanwhile, we'll be doing this to the Taints fans...

Falcan Moore
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:52 pm
  • therealjohncarlson wrote:How in the world did you find this OP? pretty cool

Browsing Falcons forums and they had it posted. Lucky find kinda :)
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:01 pm
  • I don't know about "going back to the hate" when it's over about us. I never got the impression that the Saints fans ever hated us, even after we beat them 2 years ago, most fans were pissed at the Saints for underestimating us.

Yea, I know the Falcons and Saints have a rivalry and hate eachother. It's a more mature rivalry than ours with the Niners, but I have a feeling our rivalry is going to get much worse before long. Both teams are surging and have quality rosters.

I can see wanting to get Gonzalez a ring. That guy rotted in KC for long enough, and he's a class guy. I could get on the Falcons bandwagon for that reason if they manage to beat us.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:05 pm
  • Nope! I am forever against the "get _____________ a ring" reason to support a team. I'm more of a "I hope ________ NEVER gets a ring." type
    of person.
    Riley12
    * NET Recluse *
    * NET Recluse *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:20 pm
  • Riley12 wrote:Nope! I am forever against the "get _____________ a ring" reason to support a team. I'm more of a "I hope ________ NEVER gets a ring." type
    of person.

Ok .... would you prefer if I said "I hope the Seahawks never get a ring" ??? :sarcasm_on:

Actually I only feel that way about certain teams, and Seattle isn't one of them. I'm in more of a not this year for Seattle state of mind.

New Orleans
    Dallas
    Green Bay
    San Fran
    Tampa Bay
    Carolina

I hope those teams never sniff around a Super Bowl game again.
    Rocky_Mtn_Falcon
    NET Bench Warmer

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:47 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information