Sherman mic'd up (link with video)

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Sherman mic'd up (link with video)
Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:38 am
  • "Sherman is a size prospect with some good intangibles that will help him mold into a contributing backup corner for a press-heavy team. However, he does not possess the natural coverage instincts, fluidity or burst to be considered a future starter. Is comfortable and capable in press man, using his size to disrupt receivers' releases off the line, but doesn't show enough make up speed to consistently recover when beaten. Awareness in zone and off-man are only adequate. Has average ball skills but some upside as a playmaker. Tough against the run but still developing from a technical standpoint. Sherman is a Day 3 prospect."

Combine analysis...maybe this is why he has a chip on his shoulder
    kinesmajor
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:38 am
  • Cool seeing him and rg3 get along.
    Minne
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:29 am
  • You think there is only one reason for him to have a chip on his shoulder? You can't even count on one hand the reason why he should have a chip, man. If he doesn't get all-pro, the system is broken.
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:29 am
  • I think if you've ever talked trash during a game, like really go hard at it, and seen the effect it has on you, you'd understand. It really amps you up. But you have to get over the fear of failure, because if you fail, it's obviously a lot more embarrassing. If you get over the fear of failure, you feel invincible. It's evolutionary biology. "I'm talking and nothing bad's happened to me. I survived! Nothing can hurt me!". It's a rush. It's not just to get in guys heads, that's a rationalization. It's to get into your own head. It seems to change your hormonal makeup, probably secretes adrenalin and testosterone. It makes you confident and you feel scary to other people. I don't think it's literally possible, physiologically, for Sherman to play the way he does without talking.

People hate it because it's not humble. And that's also the reason it's so powerful. If you want the Seahawks to be better than other people you have to let them feel better than other people. All winners do, anything they say contrary is false modesty.
    formido
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:20 pm
  • formido wrote:I think if you've ever talked trash during a game, like really go hard at it, and seen the effect it has on you, you'd understand. It really amps you up. But you have to get over the fear of failure, because if you fail, it's obviously a lot more embarrassing. If you get over the fear of failure, you feel invincible. It's evolutionary biology. "I'm talking and nothing bad's happened to me. I survived! Nothing can hurt me!". It's a rush. It's not just to get in guys heads, that's a rationalization. It's to get into your own head. It seems to change your hormonal makeup, probably secretes adrenalin and testosterone. It makes you confident and you feel scary to other people. I don't think it's literally possible, physiologically, for Sherman to play the way he does without talking.

People hate it because it's not humble. And that's also the reason it's so powerful. If you want the Seahawks to be better than other people you have to let them feel better than other people. All winners do, anything they say contrary is false modesty.

Great Post!
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:25 pm
  • Link doesn't work now. Bummer, I wanted to see this !
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:41 pm
  • formido wrote:But you have to get over the fear of failure

Beautiful post.

Wilson is the flip-side of the same coin, always talking about "not being afraid of being great".

Have both sides on this team, to compliment one another is, well, as Todd said, "This must be what winning the lottery feels like."
    Riley12
    * NET Recluse *
    * NET Recluse *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:58 pm
  • Link doesn't work anymore and I cannot find it anywhere, should have used Bing instead of Google.
    "Hit it and regret it later" -Ron Burnett (My Grandfather)
    IHateSleeves
    * NET Bad Ass *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:36 pm
  • Not sure why the link doesn't work anymore...
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:39 pm
  • Avisday1
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:20 pm
  • what a clown, any chance he'll take his helmet off first next time? he'd sooner grow chicken feet I guess?

oh wait he already has em... lol

BTW, that punch sounded like the slap my doctor used to get my lungs going at 9 months 12lbs 6 ozs ... :roll:
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:20 pm
  • The link is broken. :cry:

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:27 pm
  • Avisday1 wrote:

Ah thank you! I love Sherman. :mrgreen:

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:39 pm
  • Bakergirl wrote:The link is broken. :cry:

link is same as the end of video but video has a lil better audio IMO...
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:41 pm
  • what a fan base eh? they all started leaving way too early, 2 scores down anything can happen, didn't we see 2 games this year where one team scored 3 TDs in less than 60 seconds...
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:22 pm
  • goddamn! That certainly was a punch! In slow motion, it looks like a soft slap, but he really put some weight behind it.

Sherman's conversation with Griffin was great too. I wish they had included all of that in the SoundFX epsiode.

This video has unbroken audio, although it also has several stupid (i.e., whiny, Niner/Redskin/Falcon fan) comments

Riley12
    * NET Recluse *
    * NET Recluse *

Next

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:42 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information