Hauschka placed on IR

razgriz737

Reaction score
Per Aaron Levine on Twitter:
"#Seahawks have informed kicker Steven Hauschka that he'll be placed on Injured Reserve, out for rest of season (calf)"

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Bummer. I was hoping he would be good to go. Longwell is weak on kickoffs and we might be in trouble on any FGs over 45 yards.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Crap. I was hoping he would be ok. He's 100% from 49 yards and under.

P.S. !@#$!#@$%$%)(&)(!#&)$(&%!#@^$!*(@#^$!$@%^ you FedEx Field!

pehawk

Reaction score
Happy now, Jseahawks? All he did was Willis Reed kicks Sunday, a few days before you questioned his masculinity and servicability.

Hope you're happy, Duck Boy.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
Hey Ryan put a kick off into the endzone.. on his first and only try, that's 100% of the time... that's like what 45% better than Hauschka ...
have faith :)

nategreat

Reaction score
This is too bad for him.... he gets this far and now he can't be with the team as they continue on through the playoffs. Question: does he (and others on the IR for that matter) get a ring if the Hawks go all the way? I'm pretty positive he would, but just curious if anyone knows for sure. Same with practice squad players.

OlyHawk

Reaction score
Not happy about that dirt bag of field in DC. We can't prove it, but that field probably contributed to Hauschka and Clemons injuries.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":31qznoms said:
Happy now, Jseahawks? All he did was Willis Reed kicks Sunday, a few days before you questioned his masculinity and servicability.

Hope you're happy, Duck Boy.

As a duck fan i can say without any doubt kickers suck. I'd be happy if we didnt have one.

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
205.jpg

Starrman44

Reaction score
Blitzer88":v06adiyi said:
Crap.........well lets hope Longwell isn't rusty.

The Football gods are just setting it up for it to come down to a Longwell kick at Lambeau.

Now, if I could just figure out if it is to have his heart broken or Green Bay's...

The Battle #83

Reaction score
longwell kicked well last year and is a 15? year veteran. He should be fine espcially how our offense has been rollling as of late

dunceface

Reaction score
As long as we only force him to kick extra points we should be fine... :179422:

Allweatherfan

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I am not sure he was placed on IR. I have only seen the tweet from Levine reporting him being on IR and then that tweet was used as the source for PFT, NBCSports, etc...

Last I heard, Pete said "He feels better today (Monday) than he did yesterday. He really did a great job kicking through it and making the plays we needed him to make,” Carroll said. “…We’ll wait and see. There are a lot of scenarios here for us so we’ll have to see what happens tomorrow, and then see what happens the next day. I’ll let you know when we have that feel.”

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Ugh. Bummer.

I don't think Longwell is going to be bad for us. We're not a team that kicks a lot of 50 yard field goals, and hell, we just might see a few 4th and short tries at the 35 now. (Haha, just kidding, we'll still punt.)

drdiags

Reaction score
Allweatherfan":j2xxbznk said:
Call me crazy, but I am not sure he was placed on IR. I have only seen the tweet from Levine reporting him being on IR and then that tweet was used as the source for PFT, NBCSports, etc...

This tweet by Hauschka's wife/sister/mother? seems to indicate the rumors may be true

Lindsey Hauschka ‏@lindseyhauschka

Blessed to be a part of the @Seahawks despite the disappointing day. Hopefully FedEx field conditions will change after all this. #GoHawks

EDIT: Here is the url

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawks4thewin":2i3hw95g said:
Hey Ryan put a kick off into the endzone.. on his first and only try, that's 100% of the time... that's like what 45% better than Hauschka ...
have faith :)

Ryan actually kicked more than once, and only one went into the endzone. Problem with it was it didn't go very high. We have excellent special teams tacklers though and it really wasn't too bad. It's going to be indoors this week, so there won't be any weather issues. I think we'll be ok this week. Pete hasn't been trotting Hauschka out for kicks over 45 yards that often anyway, so I'm not too concerned this week. My concern grows more after this week. If we beat the Falcons we have to travel to either Green Bay or San Francisco. Neither place is notoriously friendly to kickers. Also, I was enjoying (perhaps too much) the fact that we should have a decided advantage in the kicking department going into those matchups, but now that would be more evened out.

Luckily, we don't have to worry about those possibilities yet, and playing indoors in Atlanta should be alright.

JonRud

Reaction score
I am not happy about this. Hauschka did not miss from closer than 49 yards this year I believe. He was money.

Where is Efran Herrera when you need him?