Russell Wilson Has Become Overvalued

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Russell Wilson Has Become Overvalued
Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:52 pm
  • A franchise quarterback is so overrated. Errybody knows it's all about the run nowadays!
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:53 pm
  • I wish BR would just go take a flying leap.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:53 pm
  • He makes solid observations. I noticed it to in the rams and skins games. That being said, I'm totally fine having the best game manager qb in the NFL. Our mojo is so strong right now that Atlanta will have to earn it on Sunday.
    soxhawk
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:54 pm
  • If they are going to use the "game manager" label, they need to make it accurate -- "Winning Games Manager".
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:16 pm
  • Damn it... I fell for it again... Bleacher report articles are there just to tick me off. Most, if not all, articles are poorly written and even more poorly researched. Some idiot watches two Seahawk games and thinks he knows EVERYTHING there is to know and then he writes about it and PROVES he knows absolutely nothing about what he writes. I have yet to read an article on that site that does NOT have an incorrect "fact" or a grammatical error.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:18 pm
  • Exactly.
    What's funny is, the author says ... RW isn't as good as Luck and RGIII, both players also played this week end and lost very badly. People are using the injury as excuses for RGIII performance... well, that's a real joke. RGIII beat Dallas, Philly and Baltimore with the exact same injury. Nobody has had the guts to say that ... his injury might have been the consequence of a defense, that didn't allowed him to throw the ball down the field.
    Because of the ball control of Seattle, the Skins didn't even have the ball.Seattle was making first downs and moving the ball pretty easily. Had Seattle converted in the red zone, this game would have been more like the Buffalo game.
    chris98251 wrote:If his name was Roethisburger he would have been given the keys to the City and called a cornerstone of the league for that game.
    Joe
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:55 pm
  • Wow. The irony. The article was garbage, but many of the comments were brilliant. Why are smart people reading BR?

BTW, the writer of the article is a Falcons fan.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:01 am
  • Oh yes, and one more thing: Russell Wilson is not a game manager. Game managers don't have the 4th highest deep pass rate in the league.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:25 am
  • The Radish wrote:I'm not a bleacher report fan either but what about it was wrong?

He spent most of the game worrying about rushes and had happy feet a lot.

We all know Wilso has to spend more time in the pocket and stop overthrowing those open receivers downfield.

What is wrong with any of those things?

:141847_bnono:

Stop acting like this is a regular occurrence

SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:27 am
  • After Russell Wilson's junior year his college coach also thought he was overvalued. He forced Russell out of the program so that he could start another QB that more closely resembled his "Matt Ryan" mold.... Now that coach is coaching TE's at UVA while the coach that took Russell in just became one of the highest paid coaches in college football.

The most valuable attribute for a QB is "Wins Games"........
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:40 am
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:It's Bleacher Report.

When will people learn?

Might as well put a link to a video of some barn yard animals standing in a field. The analysis will be just as worthwhile.

THIS.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:05 am
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    The Radish wrote:I'm not a bleacher report fan either but what about it was wrong?

We all know Wilso has to spend more time in the pocket and stop overthrowing those open receivers downfield.

Stop acting like this is a regular occurrence

Well all right then!

:141847_bnono: :D
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:22 am
  • A few of his points have a trace of validity but this is fanboy writing at best. The problem I have is the title of the article. I would argue that Russel Wilson has the best return on investment of any of the quarterbacks in the game today! If that isn't value then I don't know what is.
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:33 am
  • Did I read somewhere in this thread that Wilson "has to stay in the pocket more" ???

Why exactly?

One of the big positives to his game, and one of the reasons his height is a non issue, is because he can break contain, allow long developing routes to develop and find passing lanes. He's also such a dynamic runner, why would you want to limit his opportunity to break off a big gain? Forcing him to stay in the pocket would be like forcing Peyton Manning to run the read option.

He's over throw receivers ever since his NC State days. It's something we'll have to live with.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:36 am
  • Yea its B/R..... like others have said
    RussWils3
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:12 am
  • The Radish wrote:
    Well all right then!

:141847_bnono: :D

Haha, ;)

But honestly, yeah, Russell may not be the "perfect" QB, but he sure is the most perfect QB for this team, imo. It may be pure homerism (but it might not be) but there isn't a different QB I would want leading this team right now, faults and all.
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:46 am

Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:53 am
  • This moron that wrote the bleacher report article on Russ is just a scared Falcons fan. He knows Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch are going to work the Falcon's defense this Sunday...
    ~ The Stache'
    Zowert
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:02 am
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Did I read somewhere in this thread that Wilson "has to stay in the pocket more" ???

Why exactly?

One of the big positives to his game, and one of the reasons his height is a non issue, is because he can break contain, allow long developing routes to develop and find passing lanes. He's also such a dynamic runner, why would you want to limit his opportunity to break off a big gain? Forcing him to stay in the pocket would be like forcing Peyton Manning to run the read option.

He's over throw receivers ever since his NC State days. It's something we'll have to live with.

Definitely.

And I'd rather he overthrow than underthrow.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:08 am
  • The Radish wrote:I'm not a bleacher report fan either but what about it was wrong?

i agree Radish 100%... that was certainly not his best game.. yes he was pressured alot and yes he made some big plays with his legs, but those big passes were more great catches by our recievers as apposed to great throws... 1st playoff game i'll take his performance.. as we all know, he learned from it and will be better sunday....
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:21 am
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:It's Bleacher Report.

When will people learn?

Might as well put a link to a video of some barn yard animals standing in a field. The analysis will be just as worthwhile.

When I just started driving at 16 my friend and I would sit in the car at night facing his cows in a small pen. We would be listening to rock/alternative music and imaging that we were watching the bands music video featuring cows standing in a field. We found it hilarious. We had both never smoked weed or drank alcohol back then.
    "If the opportunity presents itself, we're going to come get you. You’re part of the family. You're part of us. You helped us start this thing." - John Schneider before releasing Michael Robinson
    Veilside
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:55 am
  • Veilside wrote:When I just started driving at 16 my friend and I would sit in the car at night facing his cows in a small pen. We would be listening to rock/alternative music and imaging that we were watching the bands music video featuring cows standing in a field. We found it hilarious. We had both never smoked weed or drank alcohol back then.

Here's one of those cows, reviewing Seattle's decision to draft Russell Wilson: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1163 ... hird-round
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:10 am
  • I think this board should adopt a ticket system. Anyone who links to Bleacher Report gets an automatic ban, has to donate $10 to .Net in order to get off of it, and must then write poetry expressing undying love to MysterMatt.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:20 am
  • Veilside wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:It's Bleacher Report.

When will people learn?

When I just started driving at 16 my friend and I would sit in the car at night facing his cows in a small pen. We would be listening to rock/alternative music and imaging that we were watching the bands music video featuring cows standing in a field. We found it hilarious. We had both never smoked weed or drank alcohol back then.

Weird, I used to sit on the hood of a car with my friend and listen to Led Zeppelin while watching cows. Except, we had too much fun because of the outside influences.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:21 pm
  • HawKnPeppa wrote:"Ideal" according to what standard is the question.

I don't know what an ideal rookie QB year is, but Russell has been certainly doing everything well.
    (unlike, say, Tim Tebow, who had the presence and the run ability, but sucked balls when it came to passing)
    Cheesehead Seahawk Extraordinaire
    Bipolar
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:29 pm
  • sam1313 wrote:I could only make it half-way throught that article. It was so full of s*^% that it isn't even worth of BR's virtually nonexistant standards. Blech!

This!

If RW had a subpar performance against the skins then I guess he got it out of the way and will have his normal great game against the falcons!?!?!
    GO SEAHAWKS!!
    grizrgood
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:20 pm
  • kearly wrote:Wow. The irony. The article was garbage, but many of the comments were brilliant. Why are smart people reading BR?

BTW, the writer of the article is a Falcons fan.

Because after awhile you have read everything else and you are still obsessed and its on the unread list.
    madbohem
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:06 pm
  • kearly wrote:Wow. The irony. The article was garbage, but many of the comments were brilliant. Why are smart people reading BR?

I think it's more a case of 99% of the planet being more football-informed than BR writers. Ergo, the superior brilliance of the comments is inevitable by default.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:28 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information