Best Story Ever

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Best Story Ever
Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:02 am
  • So, for a long time I thought I was the only Seahawks fan at my work as well as one of only a handful in Sacramento. It turns out that's not the case.

I sit in a high visibility area and proudly rock all my 'Hawks gear, flag, and other such things year round. Needless to say being in Niner country the last couple seasons has been rough.

Apparently there is another fan on the other side of the building who recently ordered some Seahawks gear and through some sort of shipping shenanigans/error/mistake whatever he just happened to have an extra #3 elite jersey.

Now I have a #3 elite jersey, gratis. From one Seahawks fan to another. How sweet it is to be a #12.

"Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Re: Best Story Ever
Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:04 am
  • Nice. Now explain exactly to me, what an "elite" jersey is. I read previously on this board I believe they are limited in the # of them made?
    **ME LONG YOU LOVE TIME**
    Seattle_Stunna_MD
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:05 am
  • I wonder how many are band-wagoners, I have noticed alot of people in my city suddenly start rooting for the Seahawks, I guess they got tired of watching their Cowboys losing lol.
    Axx
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:05 am
  • Tanzania has smiled upon you.
    12evanf
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:06 am
  • Man......I wish I was you than..........
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:07 am
  • Seattle_Stunna_MD wrote:Nice. Now explain exactly to me, what an "elite" jersey is. I read previously on this board I believe they are limited in the # of them made?

The elite is the stitched one instead of the cheap printed one. This is like $250.00!!
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:07 am
  • That is so awesome man what a good dude.Congrats my brotha!
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    VHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:25 am
  • Wow!! Congrats.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:25 am
  • Hawk Fans are comming out of the woodwork for sure.Just came back from Disney Land and one of my family or I was sporting something Seahawk everyday.I could not believe how many GO HAWKS we got and personal thanks for helping them win their Fantasy league.I Think allot of fans That dont have a HOME TEAM love seeing a new contender on the Block.Saw a few 9rs,foreskins,green bay fans but they would just look the other way.I was really hoping one would say something.Had my comebacks all ready.
    piston bully
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:28 am
  • You are a lucky Sac....Mr. Sac..... :lol:

R.I.P. Brother Les, I'll always know you as Pithy Radish.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:38 am
  • I sure am Rob! Now all I have to do is pay it forward.
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:16 pm
  • Just another reason why the 12th man is the best in the country.

It's nice to see a story that shows the good side of human nature. Like that you're all ready to pay it forward, you sound like a good dude to be around.

Sick Jersey, BTW. Wish the Elites fit better on me!!! I am quite tiny..so I'm forced to rock the Youth XLs. Don't mind though, I get jerseys for 80 bucks.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:07 pm
  • I should probably return the favor and do something nice for this cat. I'd seen the guy around the office but I don't think I'd said more than 5 words to the guy in 4 years. I was so pumped though that at lunch I bought a couple homeless guys that I see every day a couple of burritos from the mexican joint down the street.
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:10 pm
  • Can you please figure out where he got it from? All I've heard is that the elites for Wilson have not been made this year because the order would have been placed by the end of July 2012 or something, and obviously he was not the likely starter. I couldn't find one even at the stadium.

Edit: Ditto for the limited.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:13 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:So, for a long time I thought I was the only Seahawks fan at my work as well as one of only a handful in Sacramento. It turns out that's not the case.

I sit in a high visibility area and proudly rock all my 'Hawks gear, flag, and other such things year round. Needless to say being in Niner country the last couple seasons has been rough.

Apparently there is another fan on the other side of the building who recently ordered some Seahawks gear and through some sort of shipping shenanigans/error/mistake whatever he just happened to have an extra #3 elite jersey.

Now I have a #3 elite jersey, gratis. From one Seahawks fan to another. How sweet it is to be a #12.

Met one in Sacramento when I went for bi-yearly hazmat training a few years back.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:17 pm
  • I'm jealous, and therefore, I hate you.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:30 pm
  • Man I lived in Sacremento for 9 years and never came across another Hawks fan. Probably had to do with being there from 82 to 91. I took so much shit from Raiders fans, 49 er fans were sympathetic.
    irocdave
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:33 pm
  • I got one by accident too ut I ordered a womans jersey beast style and I got a beast style elite instead. My wife wont give it up till she gets her womans jersey. She is going to have to wait cuz she has been wearing it as luck. GO HAWKS FROM OHIO!
    streets24
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:So, for a long time I thought I was the only Seahawks fan at my work as well as one of only a handful in Sacramento. It turns out that's not the case.

That is cool man. Not to highjack but thought I'd share my story as well.

Yesterday a friend I haven't seen since HS messaged me on Facebook saying he ordered an elite jersey online but they sent him the wrong size. They were supposed to send him a return envelope for it but it never came in so they told him to keep it (they also sent him a new one). Long story short, he said he was looking for a big Seahawks fan to hook up so he gave it to me for $40.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:01 pm
  • Awesome story.Yes,i agree you should definitely Pay it Forward.I would go out and pick up some lottery tickets for tonight's draw.Just saying :D

"Linebacker, it's not like it's rocket science," Tatupu said with a laugh. "Just hit the man with the ball."
    Knoxioushawk
    * NET Alumni *

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:10 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:I should probably return the favor and do something nice for this cat. I'd seen the guy around the office but I don't think I'd said more than 5 words to the guy in 4 years. I was so pumped though that at lunch I bought a couple homeless guys that I see every day a couple of burritos from the mexican joint down the street.

sac, you absolutely have to do something for this kool kat that reached out. It doesn't have to be expensive, but it has to be kool, like real koooooooooooooooool.

Here's a thought. Start a thread looking for a creative idea for The Man. Best idea gets to look at the chick dancing avatar again.
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:18 pm
  • LudwigsDrummer wrote:
    SacHawk2.0 wrote:I should probably return the favor and do something nice for this cat. I'd seen the guy around the office but I don't think I'd said more than 5 words to the guy in 4 years. I was so pumped though that at lunch I bought a couple homeless guys that I see every day a couple of burritos from the mexican joint down the street.

sac, you absolutely have to do something for this kool kat that reached out. It doesn't have to be expensive, but it has to be kool, like real koooooooooooooooool.

Here's a thought. Start a thread looking for a creative idea for The Man. Best idea gets to look at the chick dancing avatar again.

Take him out for a beer to start at least
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:32 pm
  • Bump so that someone can hopefully point me to where I can find a limited/elite RW jersey, since I've been told they weren't available yet.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:38 pm
  • I didn't see the guy at work today so I haven't had a chance to ask him where he got it yet.
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:49 pm
  • Oh, great, wasn't sure if you'd seen the request. Thanks so much man :)
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:47 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information