Pick your Poison

Fibonacci

Reaction score
OK first off if this needs to be moved, it can be. I do not see it as smack talk. I am just wondering what a response is. I mean no disrespect and I'm not going to do it like I do with saint fans.

we are a pick your poison type offense. I'll start from our worst to best.

Turner
- a lot of people; even Atlanta fans, put him down.
- he has 800 on the ground and 200 in passing....not to good. more like a mediocre RB
- but he still has 11TD. he is a red-zone threat.
- we have been holding him back a lot, with giving him less carries.

Julio
- 1200 yards
- 10 TDs
- he does great with yards after
- he can even be in the back field and pull a sneak and pull out some great yardage.
- of course he is still a red zone and deep threat.

White
- 1400 yards
- 7 TDs
- more so a deep threat guy, but he can catch the ball in mid field, regardless who is about to smack him.

Tony Gonzalez
- almost a 1000 yards
- 8 TD's
- he works the heck out of the middle of the field and will get yards after.

Matt Ryan
- 6 people who have 30 plus catches from him
- 4700 yards
- 141 in rushing
- 32TD
- 99.1 rating
- loss of sacks 210

on defense the line is decent
- Abraham accounts for 10 sacks.
- 29 sacks for the entire team

but our secondary is really good.
- first you might think we let up a lot of yards on rushing. (2000)
- you might even think we let up a lot of yards in passing. (3800)
- but we have a +13 turnover.
- with one being a pick 6.

We make big plays.
anyhow, so what teams have we played?

Denver broncos. week 2. 27-21
We make Manning look like a joke.
every time he went to throw in the first quarter was an interception.

Washington Redskins. week 5. 24-17
we played at their stadium with a more so healthy RG3 at the time.
- but we gave him a concussion. (was a clean hit)
Matt Ryan but up 345 yards.
Gonzalez put up 123 yards and a TD.

Philadelphia Eagles. week 8. 30-17
now it was after our bye....but it was also after Phillies bye. now of course philly stunk this year, but no one has won a game against reid after he had a bye.

Cowboys. week 9. 19-13
I know they are not in the playoffs. but it was a night game.
- we had 4 prime time games this year, and have won them.
- we are not the same team in the last 4 years. because in the past we would not win all of our prime time games for the season. And I think we had a failure of preparing for teams.
- - we have been practicing all week, when usually we take off; like a lot of teams do.

Giants. week 15. 34-0
- now the Giants came in knowing they would need to win the game in order to keep a lead on their division.
- Giants were a good team until they got destroyed by us....for some reason LOL
- at times Giants were placed as the #3 team in the power rankings.
- as you can see we destroyed them.

so all in all we are a great team. we may not have a 1600 yard RB, but our WR's, TE make up for that. We have a top 5 D and +13 in turnovers.

so what makes you feel like you can beat us in our dome with the crowd noise?
your big games you have won has been at your house. GB, NE, SF
you did beat Chicago as well......even though they are not in the playoffs, they were a notable team.

anyhow I look forward to meeting some of you at the dome. I have heard you have some great fans.

Ok this is my last post.

1. I feel we have beaten this thought enough. Y'all seen what I said, and I seen what y'all said.

2. great fans y'all are. if any of y'all are coming to Georgia this sunday, you can strop by and tailgate with me and my friends. you can see I am civil and I am not going to be a jerk.
- just send me a message or bump this thread. I will continue to read, just not post.

3. One person on here did get upset, I am really not about upsetting anyone. we both have feathers and I do not want to ruffle any on either side.

4. what I have learned
- you have a great RB (I do not need to write 20 pages on how awesome he is)
- you have a red zone game in passing....something I did not have a clue at.
- you stand by your DB's. and they have played a good duo for NE.
- and lastly between the hashes.

5. you did let me knwo; without you saying it, that I was a little high on my team and that you did have a good team. therefore you brought me back to earth
- and for that I thank you.

6. If I kept on yapping. then I see this going round and round...and no more of a point will be made, then what has been already stated. Or worse, it would turn to more then one person getting upset. or even worse me getting upset. :p anyhow I am really not about upsetting anyone, especially coming to another teams message boards, only trolls do that.

anyhow I do thank you a lot more then what you might realize. and I look forward to the game on Sunday.
and I will return if the Falcons lose to congratulate you all. I did the exact same thing the year the packers ripped into us with over 40 points.

Asante' (Thank you)
Namaste' (a respectful good-bye)

SeaChase

Reaction score
Those stats didnt help you win the last few playoff games have they?

FOGHORN

Reaction score
Didn't have those stats the last few playoff games.

Largent80

Reaction score
In case you didn't notice we have won all 3 of our recent road games. Also, we were down 14-0 in the middle of the first quarter on the road on a field called a pasture by everyone that has seen it/played on it. We scored 24 unanswered points to win the game

We played in a dome for over 20 years, the fast track suits our defense to a tee. We have probably the best secondary in football. You beat us last year when most were rookies. They now play as a team.

We have a dynamic quarterback that will tire out your defense with both his arm and his legs. He doesn't make many mistakes and knows how to win games. In fact, he won the first playoff game he appeared in.

We also have a bruising RB that is also quick ....he is......A BEAST.

I like our chances quite frankly.

OP
OP
F

Fibonacci

Reaction score
SeaChase":1gaq76hs said:
Those stats didnt help you win the last few playoff games have they?

nope not one stinking bit.

but at that time we faced teams who went to Sb or won it.

also we had a horrible DC and OC. and we have changed it completely. our schemes are very different.
for instance we were not a good secondary.....we would do a zone every play and play off guys 20-30 yards. (not lying).
- but now we have a scheme most of the Atlanta fans do not even know. cause it is changed up so many times.
as for our Offense, we added explosiveness. we took away touched on the run and added more on throwing.
- we had not had two WR that had over a thousand in the past.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Fibonacci":em7wfc3a said:
OK first off if this needs to be moved, it can be. I do not see it as smack talk. I am just wondering what a response is. I mean no disrespect and I'm not going to do it like I do with saint fans.

we are a pick your poison type offense. I'll start from our worst to best.

Turner
- a lot of people; even Atlanta fans, put him down.
- he has 800.......................

The Falcons are awesome, they are great, they are the #1 seed. They still need to beat the Hawks on Sunday if they want to actually win a playoff game with this regime. 4 years straight, they haven't. The Hawks? They have won 2 of them in 3 years. Stats and schedules don't win games, Players and coaches do on Sunday.

FOGHORN

Reaction score
@ Peaches. . good post and understandable coming from a Seahawks fan. No disrespect to Lynch, but Adrian Peterson is the most violent runner in the league. As evidenced by his league leading yards after contact.

Keep in mind our #2 receiver is a #1 on almost all the other teams in the NFL. Seahawks have faced some great passing attacks but this team has almost 3 1000 yard receivers.

Going to be a great game regardless. Both teams will come to play and leave it all on the field.

OrFan

Reaction score
Our db's are good enough to handle your receivers.

The run game does not really scare me at all.

The one thing people have brought up is Tony Gonzales, how will we handle him? We have a guy who specializes in big pass catching tight ends. Kam Chancellor hit Whitten, the best pass catching TE in the game, early and very hard. He was basically useless the rest of the way. SF thought they had a great pass catching TE in Vernon Davis. Chancellor hit him hard and he was off to la la land the rest of the game. He just seems to enjoy finding these type of guys and making them a non factor.

Your run defense is very suspect and that sets us up perfectly. Run Lynch and Turbin early and often, Wilson rolls out and makes perfect passes, and then when you get a feel for that he burns you with the run as well.

I think we match up pretty well actually. Here is to a good game and Wilson continuing winning the big games, as Matt Ryan continues his proven effectiveness in the playoffs with yet another loss when it counts to add to his resume.

tomahawk

Reaction score
Gonzales is my main concern. I have faith in Browner and Sherman to keep White and Jones in check. Sure they'll get a couple here and there but not like you do against a lot of other teams. Turner is a beast but the speed of our D should control him too. Ryan is a good QB but without his 2 main targets and his RB to relieve pressure he'll dump it off to Tony a lot and that scares me. IMO that is our weakness - the big TE who slants across the middle. Hopefully we can lay a couple big hits on him to make him think about crossing through there too much.

ensett

Reaction score
The facts are, the falcons are one of the worst rushing teams. Offensively and defensively. They are one of the worst in the league at sacking their opponent, they give up way too many yards, and their only strength (their passing game) is now playing arguably the best secondary in the league..

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Hopefully this game is more fun to watch than the 24 - 2 shellacking the Giants put on you in your house last year. I could smell the stink of that game all the way up in Seattle.

OP
OP
F

Fibonacci

Reaction score
Largent80":3a4606k8 said:
In case you didn't notice we have won all 3 of our recent road games. Also, we were down 14-0 in the middle of the first quarter on the road on a field called a pasture by everyone that has seen it/played on it. We scored 24 unanswered points to win the game

We played in a dome for over 20 years, the fast track suits our defense to a tee. We have probably the best secondary in football. You beat us last year when most were rookies. They now play as a team.

We have a dynamic quarterback that will tire out your defense with both his arm and his legs. He doesn't make many mistakes and knows how to win games. In fact, he won the first playoff game he appeared in.

I like our chances quite frankly.
thanks. I forgot y'all came form a dome. and I was wondering y'alls thoughts on road games. Chicago is something that is notable to me....because I feel they are a playoff contender, just the same as I do Giants.

We have faced mobile QBs, RG3, cam newton twice, vick. you can go and look at those games and see what we did to them. cam newton got us in one of the games, but it was not that notable. we had no problems holding them.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
ensett":im4dd2fo said:
The facts are, the falcons are one of the worst rushing teams. Offensively and defensively. They are one of the worst in the league at sacking their opponent, they give up way too many yards, and their only strength (their passing game) is now playing arguably the best secondary in the league..

Their leading pass rusher, Abraham, is also coming off an ankle injury. Add to that he just celebrated his 68th birthday and I like our chances!

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
thanks. I forgot y'all came form a dome. and I was wondering y'alls thoughts on road games. Chicago is something that is notable to me....because I feel they are a playoff contender, just the same as I do Giants.

We have faced mobile QBs, RG3, cam newton twice, vick. you can go and look at those games and see what we did to them. cam newton got us in one of the games, but it was not that notable. we had no problems holding them.

No problems holding Carolina? That's a read option offense similar to what we run and you gave up 199 yards rushing the first time you faced them (a 30 - 28 last second win) and 195 yards rushing the second time (a 30 - 20 loss). I like that!

Throwdown

Reaction score
Imma get blasted for this, I just know it. But I'm cringing at the thought of Julio Jones vs Browner.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Throwdown":3iqtt2ek said:
Imma get blasted for this, I just know it. But I'm cringing at the thought of Julio Jones vs Browner.

Good thing ET provides superior coverage over the top when Browner gets beat by the double move!

OP
OP
F

Fibonacci

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2t3tuobo said:
We don't have to pick a poison. Our defense is built almost perfectly to go up against your team. my main concern is your slot receiver and/or Gonzalez. Sherman is the best CB in the league and it's not even close. He'll be up against your #1 all day. Browner is quite able himself against your #2. Our pass rush does concern me in this one. If we blitz, I expect us to get good pressure on Ryan and trouble him into some poor throws - which he has been known to make. We can stop your running game. Gonzalez is going to get yards in the middle of the field, BUT he's going to have to suffer for them. Kam will be ready to pound him every time the ball goes near him, so expect him to be hesitant as the game goes on. Before you say it, we all know that Tony G is a HoFer and has a wealth of experience and toughness, but if you watched the Cowboys game early in the season, you saw what we did to Witten, the same is likely going to happen to Gonzalez.

For our offense, I'm just not sure how well your D is going to fare against what I believe to be the most potent read option attack in football right now. Lynch is the most violent runner in the NFL, and HAS to be respected. Wilson has become so adept at reading the d-line in real time and can break off a decent run when that DE crashes down on the play. Don't think that's all Wilson can do, though. He has a fantastic arm, can throw short, intermediate and long passes with above average accuracy, and has a knack for extending plays and throwing on the run or under pressure. He's still a very good pocket passer - something that most opposing fans don't realize - and can hurt you from inside the pocket as well as outside it. I would say it's Atlanta who needs to pick their poison, do you sell out to stop the run and risk Wilson hurting you with his arm, or do you try to cover Rice, Tate, Baldwin and Miller and risk being gashed by Lynch or Wilson on the ground?

Either way, I think this is going to be a fantastic game. Nolan's defense will be tough for Wilson, but he seemed to do ok against both Ryan defenses, as well as several other pretty high-profile Ds this season. I just hope it's a good, injury-free game that ends in a Seahawks victory.
we do not have just one #1 WR; we have two. Sherman needs to not only bring his A game, but the other guys need to help him oput with covering two WR that are threats.

as for slot guys...I understand Gonzalez being your most concer. but White and Julio will cut across the field better and make yardage after the touch.and we do have Douglas. he is not a number 1, and is between a number 2 and 3. reason I feel he should be a number 2, but the problem is.....so many top guys to feed the ball to.

if you are concerned about the center, then watch out for Rodgers. Ryan drops the ball off to him in the center..... a lot.

I have never seen Gonzalez hestint. I understand kam is a hitter. but our guys are not afraid. we have faced big boy LB's. heck Turner laid out Ray Lewis last year. White has had several head to head and holds on and gets the penalty.

Witten, sure he might have been scared....but in all farenes he was coming off of an injury. and Gonzalez again has never shown he is afraid.

we should pick our poison? does wilson have 6 guys who have 30 + receptions?
- you have 3 that have over 30 touches. and they total 1800+.
- we have 6 and that is 4400 yards in total.
sorry but I do not see a pick your poison.
sure you can count Lynch in it. the guy is awesome. and you can take away turner. but we still have more scary guys.

also sorry for the crappy field you had to play on. we did to and I hate that field. they should be fined for what kind of field they have. I wonder how long RG3 will go until he ask to be traded (and it will rely on the souly the field conditions)

iigakusei

Reaction score
The Falcons will throw, throw and throw some more....they have no rushing attack.
I have watched a few Atlanta games this year and Turner looks terrible...he is soooooo slow. Rodgers is a much bigger threat.
If I was Atlanta I would be targeting Rodgers and Gonzalez a lot.

Latest posts