Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Re: Need Help... I looked at it and I'm worried.
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:26 pm 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *

arghawkfan wrote:
Chancellor didn't play in the last game against the falcons, Atari Bigby started in his place, so we can't say whether or not Chancellor can do it.

How did I miss this?

CRS.

I forgot that Kam didn't play. I just remember Gonzalez making big time catches in the 4th quarter to extend drives and the TD he caught on KJ Wright. Sorry Kam. But please do better than you did in Washington.

Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:04 pm 
* Gangnameister *

hawks4thewin wrote:
Remember.. Browner and sherman do NOT switch sides... they only move sherman over when browner is NOT in...
if they do i have never seen it...
matter of fact while browner is in... Sherman, and browner will be on there respected sides Prior to the offense even coming out..

When they're playing man, they will move with their assignment if they go in motion (as you would normally do when playing man). I've seen Sherman and Browner on the same side of the field plenty of times, but I don't think they ever swap sides to change the match-up.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:06 pm 
NET Veteran

I agree with most of the stuff I'm hearing, BUT...

Seattle has done very very well against passing offenses this season. Only two offenses have beat us with a passing game - Miami and Detroit. And neither of those teams put up crazy points. In fact, both of them beat us in the final minutes of the game. Our offense was as much to blame in those losses as our defense as well.

The way Seattle is playing right now, I honestly don't see them losing. I think they're going to get very creative and aggressive, we should see more blitzes than we've seen all season. The #1 way to eliminate the deep threat is to get Sherman and Browner into man coverage, play single high safety to help out the CBs, and bring up one safety to rush the passer from the opposite end as Bruce Irvin, or fake the rush and drop back into the middle for coverage. The Seahawks do this very well. They were sacking the hell out of Rodgers with this same strategy. Yeah, Rodgers got some short passes completed up the middle, and they were able to dink-and-dunk their way to a single TD that way. But that's all they got.

I don't believe Atlanta has a better passing game than Green Bay. I've watched Matt Ryan closely the last few seasons, because I kept drafting him in my fantasy league. He's not a mobile QB, he's not going to roll out of the pocket to escape two unblocked rushers and find one of his receivers deep. He doesn't read coverage as well as Aaron Rodgers and is not as effective under pressure. He doesn't necessarily panic, but his accuracy gets "off" a little when he's getting rushed. I can see the Seahawks taking advantage.

Also, he has not faced a secondary like Seattle yet this season. It will be fun to see him trying to pass on us. It actually gives us an advantage. I don't think you can beat Seattle with just a passing attack, you MUST be able to run and have good balance, and Atlanta does not have that. These Falcons fans talking about Jaquizz Rodgers must be kidding. The guy is no threat to Seattle's defense, they will easily shut him down. Jaquizz is not a power runner, he is light on his feet and doesn't get yards after contact. He averages about 3.5YPC most games. He's had 2 TDs his entire career. The mention of his name earlier had me laughing. Seattle will destroy Rodgers, I'm actually worried about him staying healthy in this game.

I watched both the Panthers and Bucs games last night to refresh my memory and saw some similarities in those losses. Both teams focused on running early against the Falcons, who were unable to stop the run. I'm not sure how they've won so many games other than that I think teams are trying to keep up with them. They tend to score early with that passing game, and you see teams abandoning the run trying to catch up. Seattle will not do this.

Also, in both the Panthers and Bucs game, I noticed a tendency in Matt Ryan and how he reacts to being down early. I saw him trying to force some passes under pressure, and both teams were able to take advantage with turnovers. If there is one secondary out there who can shut down a vertical passing attack, it is the Legion of Boom.

Also, our running game is relentless, and we are able to get rushing yards from the QB position. If you watch the Panthers game, Cam Newton looked like an All-Pro out there. The Falcons defense wasn't quick enough to stuff Newton, so he was getting solid yardage on every scramble. Their defense does not respond well to mobile QBs, or at least, they didn't in that game.

Anyway, those are some of my thoughts......

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:06 pm 
NET Veteran

Was watching NFL network. They brought up a point about how the Refs call the game. Could you imagine getting a PI or 2 in the first quarter. How would that change things?

Last edited by Shock2k on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:14 pm 
NET Veteran

HansGruber wrote:

I don't believe Atlanta has a better passing game than Green Bay. I've watched Matt Ryan closely the last few seasons, because I kept drafting him in my fantasy league. He's not a mobile QB, he's not going to roll out of the pocket to escape two unblocked rushers and find one of his receivers deep. He doesn't read coverage as well as Aaron Rodgers and is not as effective under pressure. He doesn't necessarily panic, but his accuracy gets "off" a little when he's getting rushed. I can see the Seahawks taking advantage.......

Interesting stat I saw when researching Matt Ryan.

Atlanta has one of the lowest # of sacks (Rnk 7th with 27)
But one of the highest amount of QB hits (Rnk 8th with 84)

Not sure if I should interpret this as a guy who hangs tough in the pocket. Haven't seen a lot of Atlanta games this year. May have to pony up for the NFL Rewind.

Last edited by Shock2k on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:24 pm 
NET Veteran

Shock2k wrote:
HansGruber wrote:

I don't believe Atlanta has a better passing game than Green Bay. I've watched Matt Ryan closely the last few seasons, because I kept drafting him in my fantasy league. He's not a mobile QB, he's not going to roll out of the pocket to escape two unblocked rushers and find one of his receivers deep. He doesn't read coverage as well as Aaron Rodgers and is not as effective under pressure. He doesn't necessarily panic, but his accuracy gets "off" a little when he's getting rushed. I can see the Seahawks taking advantage.......

Interesting stat I saw when researching Matt Ryan.

Atlanta has one of the lowest # of sacks (Rnk 7th with 27)
But one of the highest amount of QB hits (Rnk 8th with 84)

Not sure if to interpret this as a guy who hangs tough in the pocket. Haven't seen a lot of Atlanta games this year. May have to pony up for the NFL Rewind.

I downloaded a handful of Falcon games via bit torrent. Hit me up via PM if you're interested, the mods have asked me not to share that info on the forum due to potential copyright issues.

I've only watched 4-5 Falcon games this season, but one common theme I noticed with Matt Ryan is that he is pretty cool in the pocket, in the sense that he won't panic and take off running, or make really bad decisions. He's pretty good that way. But he does seem to lose some accuracy. I saw a handful of plays where he threw deep under pressure and his receivers were able to use their size and athleticism to recover and make the catch. That works well against most of the small CBs in this league. It will not work against Seattle's secondary. If Ryan is not pinpoint with every pass, we WILL come up with INTs. I said it last week against Griffin and I believe it holds true this week as well. Our secondary is so large and so fast that no QB can throw medium or deep passes against them without laser-tight accuracy on EVERY throw. Because one of those guys WILL pick you off.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:29 pm 
NET Veteran

I also think this game will come down to turnovers. Atlanta is disciplined but they rely too heavily on their passing game, which gives us our defense a lot of opportunities for turnovers. With a high-scoring and effective offense like Seattle, that can run the ball and chew down the clock, it will be difficult for Atlanta to recover from turnovers. They just don't have the defense to effectively stop Seahawks offense from running the clock and grinding out points.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:09 pm 
NET Veteran

Seattle's offense is better than the Falcon defense and I consider the Seahawk defense vs. Falcon offense a wash. Russell Wilson has moved this team against much better defenses and Seattle's defense has stopped much better offenses this year. Just sit back and enjoy the game.

GO HAWKS!!!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:42 pm 
NET Veteran

I think Atlanta has a hard time winning against teams that produce big yards on the ground because it throws their offense out of rhythm. keep matt ryan off the field long enough and I bet he starts to feel anxious and out of sync. let him just pour on the yards in a game with all those weapons and i'm sure they will go 13-3. oh what do you know? in their two recent losses they lost the time of possession battle 35-24, and 32-27. we owned the ball for 34 minutes against a MUCH better run defense in Washington. to calm your fears, if we hold turner out of the endzone in the redzone and force field goals, we win. that's where the battle will happen. to further calm your fears, tarvaris Jackson almost beat the falcons last year. yes, Julio jones and roddy white were both there, jones went off actually, and tarvaris Jackson almost pulled it off. ok, one more time to calm your fears, they beat Oakland by 3, Arizona by 4, cowboys by 6, lost to the bucs once and beat them by one the other. this team is as mortal as it gets for a #1 seed.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:11 am 
NET Veteran

HansGruber wrote:
Seattle has done very very well against passing offenses this season. Only two offenses have beat us with a passing game - Miami and Detroit. And neither of those teams put up crazy points. In fact, both of them beat us in the final minutes of the game. Our offense was as much to blame in those losses as our defense as well.

I don't think I will ever understand this line of thinking. Any game that you have a lead in the fourth quarter that you end up losing, it is on the defense for not holding the lead. We scored 21 and 24 respectively, which should have been good enough to win.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:44 pm 
NET Veteran

BASF wrote:
I don't think I will ever understand this line of thinking. Any game that you have a lead in the fourth quarter that you end up losing, it is on the defense for not holding the lead. We scored 21 and 24 respectively, which should have been good enough to win.

Your defense will not always be able to keep every offense from scoring on every drive, and I don't see that as a legitimate measurement of the quality of a defense. That's why most Super Bowl winners are balanced teams. You HAVE to have good offense AND defense (or a lot of luck) to consistently win and beat all opponents.

It was a great game by Tannehill and the Miami offense, who were playing really fast trying to keep our defense tired, and it was probably Tannehill's best game of the season. The dude was just "on" that day. Our offense only scored on 3 out of 10 drives. When you play high-scoring pass-heavy offenses, you MUST be able to score more consistently than that, because 21-24 points is generally not enough to win.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]