Congratulations, Seahawks.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Congratulations, Seahawks.
Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:33 pm
  • The re-injury to Griffin's knee did us in, and in combination, Mike Shanahan's refusal to pull him really hurt the team. I feel good about the Redskins season as a whole, but definitely disappointed in how it ended. I'll still be wearing my 'Skins gear proudly tomorrow.

That said, there are no excuses. I've said it all week long, you guys have a hell of a football team. Wilson is great and your defense brings it on every single play. To be honest, I think you guys are the team to beat and I wish you the best of luck moving forward. Your defensive front is scary good and your linebackers get down hill and play football. You all should be proud of the football team that you have up there in the Northern corner of the country. Excellent, excellent football team. Can't say enough positive things about you. Hopefully, we see you in the future.

Congratulations, Seattle, you've been in dire straights for a long, long time. You have very, very dedicated fans and you all deserve this. Congrats again.
    KDawg_ES
    NET Bench Warmer

Re: Congratulations, Seahawks.
Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:34 pm
  • You can't say...."no excuses" and lead off with an excuse.
    SkinsFan46
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:35 pm
  • SkinsFan46 wrote:You can't say...."no excuses" and lead off with an excuse.

That wasn't an excuse. Griffin was hurt. That's not an excuse. We've won with him hurt. It's an emotion. Seattle is phenomenal.
    KDawg_ES
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:37 pm
  • SkinsFan46 wrote:You can't say...."no excuses" and lead off with an excuse.

Agreed.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:38 pm
  • Wow...The Skins defense was better than I thought it would be. Great game. Hard fought and had me on the edge of my seat.
    Can't ask for much more than that. Hope RG III is coming back in great shape next year and this knee wont linger.
    many people were think Cousins has a bright future too.
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:39 pm
  • Classy post, but the game was finished before the re injury. Hope he's ok, Shanahan needs to take some heat for deciding to let Griffin play. He didn't look sharp past the first quarter.

Redskins look like the power of the NFC east though, we will probably meet again in the post season.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:40 pm
  • JesterHawk wrote:Classy post, but the game was finished before the re injury. Hope he's ok, Shanahan needs to take some heat for deciding to let Griffin play. He didn't look sharp past the first quarter.

You may be right. Like I said before, you guys have a heck of a team.
    KDawg_ES
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:46 pm
  • JesterHawk wrote:Classy post, but the game was finished before the re injury. Hope he's ok, Shanahan needs to take some heat for deciding to let Griffin play. He didn't look sharp past the first quarter.

Redskins look like the power of the NFC east though, we will probably meet again in the post season.

Actually the reinjury occurred right before he threw his 2nd TD at the end of the 1st quarter. Couldn't you see how he played the first 2 drives and then after that? He reinjured it again in the 4th for the final time.
    SkinsFan46
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:47 pm
  • RGIII is a warrior. I wasn't sold on him up till this game, but he showed a tremendous amount of heart this game and has won me over. Even though I'm very happy to the result of the game, your boys were extremely tough out there today and should really be excited about next year. A lot of skins fans are posting really classy "Congrats" right now and as a fan base I thank you for that!
    the_12th_man
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:47 pm
  • K you've been all class this week. Thanks!
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:49 pm
  • No excuses, Seahawks flat out beat the Skins. Once we made RG3 throw it was game over.
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Oh, you mean like how I said "after the first quarter?"

To be fair, he re injured it weeks ago when Shanahan let him keep playing.

If Cousins went in from the second quarter it might have been closer.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

• we both have young teams on the upswing - this will not be the last time we meet in the playoffs.
    ChiefHawk
    NET Starter

Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:52 pm
  • AF_Hawk wrote:No excuses, Seahawks flat out beat the Skins. Once we made RG3 throw it was game over.

Oh, you guys won? Must have missed that with my congratulations and you have a great team post ;)

There are no excuses. You guys won. Fair and square. That's the game of football. You dealt with injuries as well. It happens.

Congrats again.
    Last edited by KDawg_ES on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    KDawg_ES
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:53 pm
  • JesterHawk wrote:Oh, you mean like how I said "after the first quarter?"

To be fair, he re injured it weeks ago when Shanahan let him keep playing.

If Cousins went in from the second quarter it might have been closer.

Misread you sorry, my bad. Had a HERP DERP moment there.
    SkinsFan46
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:54 pm
  • Good luck next year. Your coach is a moron, but RG3 is a gamer and a talent, no doubt about it.
    Kam Chancellor: The Chancellor of Defense
    Bruce Irvin: BruceMode
    Tharold Simon: Humble Thug
    Paul Richardson: BPR
    FortWorthSeahawk
    USAF BadAss

Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:54 pm
  • FortWorthSeahawk wrote:Your coach is a moron.

Your mouth to God's ears.
    KDawg_ES
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:55 pm
  • Nice classy post KDawg. Your team has nothing to be ashamed of and I expect great things from them in the future.
    gtcotcakya
    NET Rookie

Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:58 pm
  • If RG3 was healthy the game very well could have been a different outcome, it was a good game and you guys have alot to look forward to.

Btw, you guys need a new field, it looked like sand and dirt that was painted green....
    sherman123
    NET Rookie

Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:00 pm
  • Thank K....Redskins are going to be the team to beat in the NFC East for a while now. When they get all their defensive pieces back next year, watch out.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:01 pm
  • Shanahan should have pulled Griffin straight after that 2nd TD
    I didn't even think Griffin was playing well before then, it was Morris that gashed us for most of the yards, and bar a couple middle-sized runs and some screen plays, Griffin wasn't really a factor.

Once it was clear Griffin couldn't run though it was game over
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• Good game Hawks. Russel is the real deal. I dont like Sherman he is good though. Congrats you have a great team and bright future. We will see you guys again I am sure. I am pretty sure you guys will spank the Falcons.
    SkinsfortheWin
    NET Bench Warmer

• Shannahan should be fired for keeping RGII in this game.

I would have loved to see RGIII healthy the entire game. But I think a lot of things went the Skins way that made this game closer. Seattle is the better team, but the Skins are obviously on their way up.

Good luck next year and hope to see you in the playoffs again (maybe at the Clink though).
    SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:02 pm
  • Classy post KDawg. Your teams future also looks very bright as well. RGIII is a tough SOB and hope he isn't hurt too bad.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:02 pm
  • Respect.

A healthy RGIII--and Carriker/Orakpo--might make it a different game. But conjecture is not a game I want to play, either way. I've been at tthe wrong end of it as a fan--plenty.

That said, I look forward to seeing the boys in blue beat up Atlanta
    “We need to be challenged, ... and we need to be under the gun to respond.” --Pete Carroll
    nanomoz
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:03 pm
  • It appeared to me that the field condition may have contributed to RGIII reinjuring his knee.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:28 pm
  • Well, to be honest, I did not enjoy today's game very much. First the 1st quarter was garbage for the Hawks. I think a lot of it had to do with the field conditions. It looked like the Seahawks were slipping around.

Then, I honestly hated watching RG3 hobbling around. I knew we would send more heat after halftime, and I was just hoping Big Red didn't fall on his leg. When Irvin sacked him and bent him over I was wondering if he was going to get up. When he fumbled it and laid on the turf, I was hoping the whole line didn't land on him. It was hard to get a lot of satisfaction out of the game.

I'm sorry, but Shanahan should be criticized for taking a chance with his Franchise today. That was a very stupid move. Especially with a very viable back-up QB. Cousins and Wilson were the guys I wanted last draft (one of them). If we had Cousins, I wouldn't worry about our QB situation for a long time.
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:47 pm
  • KDawg_ES wrote:The re-injury to Griffin's knee did us in, and in combination, Mike Shanahan's refusal to pull him really hurt the team. I feel good about the Redskins season as a whole, but definitely disappointed in how it ended. I'll still be wearing my 'Skins gear proudly tomorrow.

That said, there are no excuses. I've said it all week long, you guys have a hell of a football team. Wilson is great and your defense brings it on every single play. To be honest, I think you guys are the team to beat and I wish you the best of luck moving forward. Your defensive front is scary good and your linebackers get down hill and play football. You all should be proud of the football team that you have up there in the Northern corner of the country. Excellent, excellent football team. Can't say enough positive things about you. Hopefully, we see you in the future.

Congratulations, Seattle, you've been in dire straights for a long, long time. You have very, very dedicated fans and you all deserve this. Congrats again.

Cheers, brother. We all want our teams to succeed and both our fan bases have been patiently waiting. Your guys had me freaking the funk out in the 1st quarter, and I bet we've seen the beginning of a great non-division rivalry.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:33 am
  • Thanks Kdawg was sorry to see Griffen get hurt good luck until we meet again
    "Go Hawks" Russlemainia
    Adopt a Rookie - Jackson Jeffcoat
    SeaHawk80
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:00 am
  • I really would like to see you guys do quite well.

Thanks for the hospitality. I may pop in from time to time to talk football.

Good luck the rest of the way.
    KDawg_ES
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:11 am
  • Alright, I'm getting amped for the first time this season. They freak'n won a playoff game as a visiting team.....With Russel Wilson!?!? Are we gonna see the QB position transformed in this new decade?

Is this the season that the refs make a few make up calls for Superbowl XL? Maybe the refs will be ordered to put their stripes horizontally, rather than vertically.
    mikehawks
    NET Rookie

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:13 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information