Could this happen?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Could we potentially lose Cable, Bevell and Bradley this offseason to head coaching positions since they are all now being asked for interviews with different teams?

I could see it happening and man would that suck.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I don't even think there are even three positions vacant with Reid choosing KC. Bevell would never be a HC candidate in the NFL, but maybe college football. Ultimately, the only guy I really would be upset if we lost is Cable.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree. Cable is the only one I would really be upset about losing. I am not a big Bevell or even that much of a Bradley fan, regardless of our success. I think we win in spite of them to be honest. I know that's not the popular opinion right now but it's how I've always felt.

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Aros":21unl6sn said:
I agree. Cable is the only one I would really be upset about losing. I am not a big Bevell or even that much of a Bradley fan, regardless of our success. I think we win in spite of them to be honest. I know that's not the popular opinion right now but it's how I've always felt.

I too kinda think that way, but I am more concerned with the chemistry the coached have with the players. We have a nice mix going on right now and i would hate to lose that again. And I too would hate hate hate to see Cable go elsewhere, he has worked wonders for our o-line.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree that the chemistry factor is a solid point. It's not so much the coaching as it is the players believe in the coaching, if that makes a lick of sense.

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Aros":17uxf9fs said:
I agree that the chemistry factor is a solid point. It's not so much the coaching as it is the players believe in the coaching, if that makes a lick of sense.

That makes complete sense :th2thumbs:

kearly

Reaction score
Aros":g1t381rh said:

Time to start revising your opinion then. On Bevell at least. He has this thing humming right now. Everything he's done since about week 5 this year has really clicked with Wilson/Lynch in a big way. Plus, if we lost Bevell it would expose our QB to his 2nd playbook in two years. Wilson's a fast learner, but he'd probably start slower out of the gate next year if he was picking up a new offense. And whoever that new OC would be, he'd likely be a lower level hire than Bevell.

I don't think Bevell's going anywhere any time soon though. Not until Seattle's reputation on offense catches up with New England. Which it will, given time.

I'm skeptical of Bradley, but I also know that I don't know the whole story with our defense. It's being mismanaged, but the extreme talent level is carrying it to greatness. I really doubt it's Carroll that's mismanaging. But until I know for a fact, I guess it's worth giving Bradley the benefit of the doubt.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
kearly":3j0ghkfx said:
Time to start revising your opinion then. On Bevell at least. He has this thing humming right now. Everything he's done since about week 5 this year has really clicked with Wilson/Lynch in a big way.
You don't find how long he has a tendency to take to adjust our offense to be a problem? His slow adjustments (think Rams game) would have cost us a couple games this year without an elite defense. I don't want him depending on that to save the team. "Hmmm, maybe this 17th dropback with longer-developing routes will work, despite the last 16 resulting in a bunch of sacks and QB hurries."

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
kearly":2tc3lzba said:
I'm skeptical of (Bevell), but I also know that I don't know the whole story with our (offense). It's being mismanaged, but the extreme talent level is carrying it to greatness. I really doubt it's Carroll that's mismanaging. But until I know for a fact, I guess it's worth giving (Bevell) the benefit of the doubt.

See what I did there? Not trying to pick on you bro, but seriously, how can you honestly tell me you have the inside track on either side of this team when it is that easy to do a switcheroo...?

LawHawk

Reaction score
I missed the part where Cable has been asked to interview somewhere. I agree he would be a huge loss. I expected him to be a candidate but I have not heard about him getting a HC interview.