#3 Jersey

Aristotle22

Reaction score
Was thinking about removing Mirer from my #3 and replacing it with Wilson. Will that ruin the value of the Mirer or increase the value with the Wilson

A

Anonymous

Depends.

Are we talking an authentic Wilson (manufacturer) stitched Mirer jersey, or a screen-printed type with a removeable name bar?

If it were me, and the jersey was a high-quality piece, I might just take some duct tape and run it over the "Mirer" and write "Wilson" on the tape. It would get your point across in a sort-of comical way without defacing a historic jersey.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Is there a way to remove numbers from a jersey? If so how and where and how to get a new number on? Thanks

jkitsune

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":r6yytekw said:
Depends.

Are we talking an authentic Wilson (manufacturer) stitched Mirer jersey, or a screen-printed type with a removeable name bar?

If it were me, and the jersey was a high-quality piece, I might just take some duct tape and run it over the "Mirer" and write "Wilson" on the tape. It would get your point across in a sort-of comical way without defacing a historic jersey.

I wouldn't put duct tape on it, I'd be too worried the adhesive would be tough to get off.

Personally, I would just buy a new jersey. I couldn't bring myself to deface an old jersey.

A

Anonymous

Grahamhawker":1ktdmkn5 said:
A Mirer jersey has value?

I had an absolutely authentic, on-field, Wilson Mirer jersey from 1994, with an NFL 75th anniversary patch and all numbers and letters sewn on, and autographed by Rick himself, that went for $750.00 on eBay about 5 or 6 years ago.

So, yes. If it's the right one.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I wouldn't mess with it either. It has value as a relic of a Hawk's era gone-by. Get a new one.