Who's Red Hot going into the playoffs......

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Wow! Seattle is killing it according to this article. If momentum entering the playoffs means anything, this bodes well for us indeed.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130102/nfl-playoffs-momentum/?sct=uk_t11_a10

Seattle (11-5)
Passer Rating Differential: Peak (Year End, +28.8 ); Trough (Week 2, -8.5); Final (2nd, +28.8 )
Momentum overview: If momentum truly has value in the NFL playoffs, Seattle is in very, very good shape. No team is hotter. No team is rising faster.

OP
OP
Jazzhawk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Jeez, and then there's this........ ( a little scary actually. Not used to all this positive pub).

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130104/inside-power-rankings/?sct=uk_t11_a11

The Seattle Seahawks are the best team in football heading into the playoffs -- at least according to the Cold, Hard Football Facts Quality Stats Power Rankings.

Top-ranked Seattle looks deadly on both sides of the ball, but is not without its weakness: the Seahawks went 8-0 at home but just 3-5 on the road. They'll have to negotiate at least two road games, and probably three, to make an appearance in New Orleans.

1. Seattle Seahawks (11-5) -- The Seahawks are the total package right now: No. 9 in scoring offense and No. 1 in scoring defense, powered by the best pass defense of any playoff team (71.8 Defensive Passer Rating). Seattle also boasts 5 wins over Quality Opponents, the most in the NFL this year.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Probably the best example of Pre-Week 8 and Post Week 8 I've seen.

130102171046-prd-seattle-line-graph-1-13-single-image-cut.jpg

OP
OP
Jazzhawk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
-The Glove-":19w1557n said:
But the Redskins have won 7 in a row!
Ya, I won't pretend to understand the metrics, but apparently it takes into account how the games were won, by what margin and so on.......

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":a97vrc79 said:
-The Glove-":a97vrc79 said:
But the Redskins have won 7 in a row!
Ya, I won't pretend to understand the metrics, but apparently it takes into account how the games were won, by what margin and so on.......

I know...I should've put my comment in quotes

OP
OP
Jazzhawk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Oh, I followed you. Kinda chuckled to myself when I read it even.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Late-season momentum making any difference in the postseason has been pretty much disproved. Bill Barnwell I think it was, from Football Outsiders, went back and looked at all the "hot the last few weeks entering the playoffs" teams, and they didn't really win any more games than teams that had even or losing records over the month of December that got into the playoffs.

OP
OP
Jazzhawk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":69gzbtc5 said:
Late-season momentum making any difference in the postseason has been pretty much disproved. Bill Barnwell I think it was, from Football Outsiders, went back and looked at all the "hot the last few weeks entering the playoffs" teams, and they didn't really win any more games than teams that had even or losing records over the month of December that got into the playoffs.
Shut your mouth...it's real. It is, it is, it is!!!! :34853_doh:

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Not sure how to respond to all of this positive stuff being written for our team..........makes me even more nervous for Sunday............ :240039:

Shock2k

Reaction score
At the end of the day we have a legit shot at beating the Redskins. I think the Redskin fans take all our, road is ok as "bravado" But as long time fans we realize there used to be this air of gloom around games like this. Some destiny of failure. It's just not the case with this team in my opinion. It's the strangest feeling being optimistic. Well non-Homer optimisitic.

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
Shock2k":167ao1d1 said:
At the end of the day we have a legit shot at beating the Redskins. I think the Redskin fans take all our, road is ok as "bravado" But as long time fans we realize there used to be this air of gloom around games like this. Some destiny of failure. It's just not the case with this team in my opinion. It's the strangest feeling being optimistic. Well non-Homer optimisitic.

I agree. I said it elsewhere...but before our game last week against Dallas, both fanbases seemed wary especially Dallas'. After how we played that game on defense though, I think we have a chance against anybody...and especially after looking at how the defense as a whole has played over the win streak. Dallas may not be an elite team, but their passing offense was still number 3 in the NFL going into this game.

After years and years of disappointment, its almost easy to become jaded and of the "here we go again" mindset...almost like a self-defense mechanism. However, belief is starting to set in. Should be a really fun game on Sunday, but this wait is maddening.

Shock2k

Reaction score
I agree. I said it elsewhere...but before our game last week against Dallas, both fanbases seemed wary especially Dallas'. After how we played that game on defense though, I think we have a chance against anybody...and especially after looking at how the defense as a whole has played over the win streak. Dallas may not be an elite team, but their passing offense was still number 3 in the NFL going into this game.

After years and years of disappointment, its almost easy to become jaded and of the "here we go again" mindset...almost like a self-defense mechanism. However, belief is starting to set in. Should be a really fun game on Sunday, but this wait is maddening.

That's the thing, our stories and our season are pretty simliar. Real success has been a long time coming for both teams also.

It's a good point on your defense. If I say you are sleeping on us being a "bad road team", we could be accused of sleeping on you as a "bad defense". I went through 15 defensive stats for the last 3 games of the Redskins and agree you guys have made signifigant statistical improvements. I wouldn't say enough to even it out, but definately a lot closer then we are giving you credit for.

I also would state, there is something to be said for a team that consistantly puts up big points, it takes pressure of the defense and may have led to some of the lower numbers. (things like effeciency between the 20's)

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
From what I've seen the past four weeks....we are the irrestable force! We might be slowed down, but we will score...even if it takes a 90 yard drive to win at the end of the game. We will not be denied!

Shock2k

Reaction score
Dam it Bigpumpkin you are getting me all riled up again!

SEA 58 - WAS 0

Ok, ok... calming down.