#12 Jersey and the "FAN" namebar.

Howie_16

Reaction score
Just a quick question from a Seahawks fan who lives outside of Seattle, the state of Washington and the United States of America. I understand the significance of the #12 to the franchise, and see that many fans purchase jerseys with the #12, but it seems weird to me to have the "FAN" namebar.

Why don't more people put their own last name on their #12 Seahawks jersey? Can't you just get a namebar with the heat sealed letters at the team store? Is it considered vain? Is it too expensive or inconvenient?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Do you post on fbg's?

Hockey rules and more people should get their own name on the back.

VaporHawk

Reaction score
Most people don't care if it says FAN, if you care you get a custom, because at that point you probably care about the quality of the thing too.

You can get a custom done with any name and number you want as long as it is not profane or some such.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
Easy answer...because they sell #12 FAN jerseys in the pro-shop and every where else Seahawks Jerseys are sold

Psychobabbler

Reaction score
#12 FAN is less expensive than customized.

Also, this year, it took Nike a LONG time to have customized jerseys available. This is why I have #12 FAN in grey. Didn't want to wait for customizable jersey.

Further, my wife had just plunked down a serious wad the previous season for authentic #12 PSYCHO for me, so the $$$ goes elsewhere this year. :(

I would love "PSYCHOBABBLER," but that is one letter too many. To which I say, "Balderdash! If you can fit HOUSHMANZADEH on a shirt, PSYCHOBABBLER will fit!

Claden

Reaction score
Navyhawkfan187":2qzg0vln said:
Easy answer...because they sell #12 FAN jerseys in the pro-shop and every where else Seahawks Jerseys are sold

Almost everywhere. Have never seen a Fan jersey being sold where I am in California. Had to get mine online. I have an authentic blank I want to make into a 12 jersey. Just need the name and number kit and somewhere to put it on.

OlyHawk

Reaction score
Convenience and cost. My #12 Jerseys look great, I would prefer to change out the FAN, but I would want to match the quality of what I have. It would have to be easy.
Opportunity to make some money here. I tried a #84 jersey, then Galloway had a contract dispute and vowed not to buy individual player jerseys for me. My sons get the player jerseys.
I broke my vow and just bought a #3 RW to wear the rest of the year and the future.
I'm on the bandwagon for multiple Superbowls. Ready for #1 now.
Go Hawks!

pastapadre

Reaction score
Isn't the easy answer that #12 is retired in honor of the fans? It even says FAN on the banner in the stadium.

OP
OP
Howie_16

Howie_16

Reaction score
pastapadre":1fqminxy said:
Isn't the easy answer that #12 is retired in honor of the fans? It even says FAN on the banner in the stadium.

I know that, but why not put your own name on the jersey if you are a fan of the team? I get that it costs more to customize, but how much more is it?

redhawk253

Reaction score
a customized jersey is like 150 for the cheap one and 299 for the stitched... so quite a bit more.

OP
OP
Howie_16

Howie_16

Reaction score
redhawk253":13ghre7i said:
a customized jersey is like 150 for the cheap one and 299 for the stitched... so quite a bit more.

If you want to pick another number, I understand, but the team should offer to create a new name bar for the 12 jerseys for a minimal cost. Missed opportunity to make a little more money.