Bill Simmons picks Hawks over Skins

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
Remember when Simmons picked the Seahawks as a SB contender before the season?

The easiest pick of Round 1 for me. The Seahawks aren't just the most balanced team in football, they're one of the most balanced teams ever. Football Outsiders' DVOA ranked them fourth in offense, fourth in defense and third in special teams. They didn't play a single bad game all season — even in their five losses, they had a chance to win each game in the final minutes. So if you're picking against them, you're doing it for three reasons: You think they're a better home team than road team, you're jumping at the chance to pick against Pete Carroll on the road, and you're banking on Washington's crowd (great fans, by the way) to push their boys to another level...

The Pick: Seattle 30, Washington 17

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/881 ... stications

Hawknballs

Reaction score
same guy who also predicted Russell Wilson would lead us to the promised land as a rookie.

So far he's not wrong....

mikeak

Reaction score
Lets add the Super Bowl prediction was pre-season...

Make it or break it Simmons sticks his neck out with far fetched ideas but usually backed by sound logic

VaporHawk

Reaction score
We will see what DVOA means after Sunday. DVOA says we win it right, unless we don't win of course then they just rework the numbers?

NFC Playbook
3 x Washington
1 x Seattle (Baldinger)

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I picked Texans-Seahawks on March 3rd 2011 and I'm still not wrong.

Simmons is boss.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
Here's the one thing I don't like about Simmons being on our bandwagon right now (I do acknowledge that he is one of my favorite writers and reading his initial column picking us was nothing short of amazing): But one thing that really irked me was that after our Miami collapse--or maybe the Detroit-- he jumped off our bandwagon saying he was done with us--something to that effect and still annoys me.

nanomoz

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":19o047cz said:
Here's the one thing I don't like about Simmons being on our bandwagon right now (I do acknowledge that he is one of my favorite writers and reading his initial column picking us was nothing short of amazing): But one thing that really irked me was that after our Miami collapse--or maybe the Detroit-- he jumped off our bandwagon saying he was done with us--something to that effect and still annoys me.

I recall many reactions on these boards being somewhat similar. That was a tough loss. Simmons' reaction exhibited that he's kind of a fan--his reaction had a bit of hurt in it.

Smoke

Reaction score
nanomoz":19k2ocpi said:
SeaToTheHawks":19k2ocpi said:

I recall many reactions on these boards being somewhat similar. That was a tough loss. Simmons' reaction exhibited that he's kind of a fan--his reaction had a bit of hurt in it.

You recall correctly. Everyone was being pussies on this board after we lost the Miami game, people were even whispering for Flynn, it was a shame.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Smoke":1qe7w5zj said:
nanomoz":1qe7w5zj said:
SeaToTheHawks":1qe7w5zj said:

You recall correctly. Everyone was being pussies on this board after we lost the Miami game, people were even whispering for Flynn, it was a shame.

Pussies. The lot of them.