can we all agree

Twisted

Reaction score
that no matter what happens from here on out the Seattle Seahawks have fulfilled our expectations for the season so win or lose they still get a big hand of appreciation and all of our congratulations for an excellent season?

I say we take that pressure off and let em know no matter what happens from here on out they are our team and everything from here on out is icing on the cake!

what say you?

I say I like triple icing on my cake, triple layered too!!!

go get em boys!!!!!

Throwdown

Reaction score
What movie was it where Brad Pitt said no body gives a _____ if you didn't win the championship, it applies to this as well.

Was that Money ball?

VaporHawk

Reaction score
Expectations are too high at this stage.

A letdown now and ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE!

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Yes I agree with you that the season has been a success. That said this is a game we can and should win. We need to win it and if we don't that will be disappointing for sure. The season will ultimately still be a success, and my expectations will be met except for not being able to win this game.

What I love about this team though is that if we don't win I know we will learn from it and we will no doubt be better for it next year. To your point there shouldn't be too much pressure but I'd love to know going into the off season that we played too or above expectations in the Playoffs which could mean a Super Bowl win, or maybe not we will see. If we can say that we played to or above expectations in each game here on out that's the triple icing on my cake I guess.

TLD0550

Reaction score
I agree but next year I will be expecting big things real big shiny things

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Like my sig says, I was just expecting this season to be a preview of things to come. I had no idea we were gonna be the talk of the league and dominate like we did in the second half. So if we do lose, I know that we have a sound football team all around, and we're just gonna be stronger next year as our young team will have another season of experience under their belts. I'm really not expecting to win or even go to the Superbowl this time, but we definately have as good a shot as anyone. I just wish we would have taken 2 or 3 of those games we should have won. Home field advantage is so huge for us. Not expecting success is something that has just been ingrained in my brain after 3+ decades of being a Seahawks fan. Although a little voice keeps telling me "this ain't a regular Seahawks team". I hope that voice is correct.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Nothing can take away the success of the regular season and the emergence of a true STAR QB in Russell Wilson. The future is so bright it's mind-boggling.

HOWEVER...

If the Seahawks look like they did against Miami, there will be Hell to pay.

Nothing would shock me more than to look and play bad though. I fully anticipate a great game, and if we lose, the Redskins deserve to move to the divisional round. Simple as that.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I'm good with whatever happens. This team has taken huge steps this year and our window is now wide freakin open.

That makes me happy.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just don't get embarrassed and I will be happy no matter what. Play them tough, vicious and competitive for 60 minutes. If they do that, I can live with the score, no matter what.

(Okay unless the Redskins win on a blatant bullshit call then it's game on!!)

Shock2k

Reaction score
This is the first time as a Hawks fan I feel like there is going to be a next great season. Could have happend in 2006 but Hutch leaving was a bad sign. There are years to come here.

Honestly, did anybody (besides just being hard core Hawks) think we were going to be talking Superbowl by the end of the Season in August?

Besides, you get beat, you get beat. Take your medicine and move on.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
HELL NO!!!!

We most definitely CANNOT all agree on that.

If we lose this game it is a failure and it highlights the failure to secure home-field advantage and a march to the Super Bowl.

If we lose this Sunday I won't be here to beat that drum but I will definitely say that loud and clear today. This season is a FAILURE without a victory on Sunday. And I don't give a shit what any if you think. I'm certain I would have the agreement of Pete Carroll and a majority of the Seattle Seahawks.

This thread is an embarrassment.

Loserville mentality.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Aros":57c9jihr said:
Just don't get embarrassed and I will be happy no matter what. Play them tough, vicious and competitive for 60 minutes. If they do that, I can live with the score, no matter what.

(Okay unless the Redskins win on a blatant bullshit call then it's game on!!)

For one thing, if we play them "tough, vicious and competitive for 60 minutes", the score's gonna look like AZ, Buffalo or the 9ers. And I doubt that if we lose, no matter how we do it, that you will be "happy". Just sayin'... ;) :)

mikeak

Reaction score
They have met or exceeded the regular season goals.

Now it is post-season

We should be disappointed if they loose but the degree will depend on how they loose. If redskins simply play better I can live with it. If I feel that seahawks game calling / planning is the issue then I don't see why it shouldn't be criticized...

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Whatever. We didn't win the division. That was my expectation. And based on results, my expectation was within range. My expectation for this Sunday? Victory.

Can't believe I am reading and posting in a thread prepping for a Seahawks defeat.

Lame.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
mikeak":dqel0sg4 said:
They have met or exceeded the regular season goals.

Now it is post-season

We should be disappointed if they loose but the degree will depend on how they loose. If redskins simply play better I can live with it. If I feel that seahawks game calling / planning is the issue then I don't see why it shouldn't be criticized...

I don't care how our players stay loose. If it's running or chillin', as long as they feelin' loose. As long as they don't lose, I'll be happy!

bestfightstory

Reaction score
BlueThunder":1vwpjllz said:
bestfightstory":1vwpjllz said:

Loserville mentality.

Keeping the possibiliy for loss as an option softens the blow, my friend. Less broken tv's and such... :D

A loss is always a possibility. Always. Prepping for it is akin to visualizing it is akin to practicing it. I don't want to soften the blow of failure.

I mean, to each their own and I can leave it at that. But to address the OP.

No.

We cannot "all agree".

Hawknballs

Reaction score
BlueThunder":342b9av3 said:
bestfightstory":342b9av3 said:

Loserville mentality.

Keeping the possibiliy for loss as an option softens the blow, my friend. Less broken tv's and such... :D

It's not about that at all. It's the understanding that we completely rebuilt this roster with a true identity and purpose, started a rookie QB who looks like our franchise QB for years to come, and still went 11-5, made the playoffs.

I understand bestfightstory's point, anything less than a championship is by definition, failure. 31 teams fail every year.

The difference I think is between "was this season a success" vs. "are you satisfied with the progress". We haven't won anything yet, so it can't be a success. But I'm satisfied with the progress.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
The 'hawks have put on an incredible showing this season, and finished with a VERY nice record. I am more than pleased with the outcome this year, as i expected the real playoff push to happen next season. Love the results Pete & Co. have generated.

Now it's trophy time.