Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Who's Red Hot going into the playoffs......
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:28 pm 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

Wow! Seattle is killing it according to this article. If momentum entering the playoffs means anything, this bodes well for us indeed.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130102/nfl-playoffs-momentum/?sct=uk_t11_a10

Quote:
Seattle (11-5)
Passer Rating Differential: Peak (Year End, +28.8 ); Trough (Week 2, -8.5); Final (2nd, +28.8 )
Momentum overview: If momentum truly has value in the NFL playoffs, Seattle is in very, very good shape. No team is hotter. No team is rising faster.

Post subject: Re: Who's Red Hot going into the playoffs......
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:31 pm 
NET Veteran

But the Redskins have won 7 in a row!

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:31 pm 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

Jeez, and then there's this........ ( a little scary actually. Not used to all this positive pub).

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130104/inside-power-rankings/?sct=uk_t11_a11

Quote:
The Seattle Seahawks are the best team in football heading into the playoffs -- at least according to the Cold, Hard Football Facts Quality Stats Power Rankings.

Top-ranked Seattle looks deadly on both sides of the ball, but is not without its weakness: the Seahawks went 8-0 at home but just 3-5 on the road. They'll have to negotiate at least two road games, and probably three, to make an appearance in New Orleans.

1. Seattle Seahawks (11-5) -- The Seahawks are the total package right now: No. 9 in scoring offense and No. 1 in scoring defense, powered by the best pass defense of any playoff team (71.8 Defensive Passer Rating). Seattle also boasts 5 wins over Quality Opponents, the most in the NFL this year.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:36 pm 
NET Veteran

Probably the best example of Pre-Week 8 and Post Week 8 I've seen.

Last edited by Shock2k on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:38 pm 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

-The Glove- wrote:

Ya, I won't pretend to understand the metrics, but apparently it takes into account how the games were won, by what margin and so on.......

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:47 pm 
NET Veteran

Jazzhawk wrote:
-The Glove- wrote:

Ya, I won't pretend to understand the metrics, but apparently it takes into account how the games were won, by what margin and so on.......

I know...I should've put my comment in quotes

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:54 pm 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

Oh, I followed you. Kinda chuckled to myself when I read it even.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:03 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*

Late-season momentum making any difference in the postseason has been pretty much disproved. Bill Barnwell I think it was, from Football Outsiders, went back and looked at all the "hot the last few weeks entering the playoffs" teams, and they didn't really win any more games than teams that had even or losing records over the month of December that got into the playoffs.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:09 am 
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Sweeter than candy on a stick.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:29 am 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

RolandDeschain wrote:
Late-season momentum making any difference in the postseason has been pretty much disproved. Bill Barnwell I think it was, from Football Outsiders, went back and looked at all the "hot the last few weeks entering the playoffs" teams, and they didn't really win any more games than teams that had even or losing records over the month of December that got into the playoffs.

Shut your mouth...it's real. It is, it is, it is!!!! :34853_doh:

Post Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:31 am 
* NET Eeyore *

Not sure how to respond to all of this positive stuff being written for our team..........makes me even more nervous for Sunday............ :240039:

Post Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:43 am 
NET Veteran

At the end of the day we have a legit shot at beating the Redskins. I think the Redskin fans take all our, road is ok as "bravado" But as long time fans we realize there used to be this air of gloom around games like this. Some destiny of failure. It's just not the case with this team in my opinion. It's the strangest feeling being optimistic. Well non-Homer optimisitic.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:06 am 
NET Starter

Shock2k wrote:
At the end of the day we have a legit shot at beating the Redskins. I think the Redskin fans take all our, road is ok as "bravado" But as long time fans we realize there used to be this air of gloom around games like this. Some destiny of failure. It's just not the case with this team in my opinion. It's the strangest feeling being optimistic. Well non-Homer optimisitic.

I agree. I said it elsewhere...but before our game last week against Dallas, both fanbases seemed wary especially Dallas'. After how we played that game on defense though, I think we have a chance against anybody...and especially after looking at how the defense as a whole has played over the win streak. Dallas may not be an elite team, but their passing offense was still number 3 in the NFL going into this game.

After years and years of disappointment, its almost easy to become jaded and of the "here we go again" mindset...almost like a self-defense mechanism. However, belief is starting to set in. Should be a really fun game on Sunday, but this wait is maddening.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:12 am 
NET Veteran

Quote:
I agree. I said it elsewhere...but before our game last week against Dallas, both fanbases seemed wary especially Dallas'. After how we played that game on defense though, I think we have a chance against anybody...and especially after looking at how the defense as a whole has played over the win streak. Dallas may not be an elite team, but their passing offense was still number 3 in the NFL going into this game.

After years and years of disappointment, its almost easy to become jaded and of the "here we go again" mindset...almost like a self-defense mechanism. However, belief is starting to set in. Should be a really fun game on Sunday, but this wait is maddening.

That's the thing, our stories and our season are pretty simliar. Real success has been a long time coming for both teams also.

It's a good point on your defense. If I say you are sleeping on us being a "bad road team", we could be accused of sleeping on you as a "bad defense". I went through 15 defensive stats for the last 3 games of the Redskins and agree you guys have made signifigant statistical improvements. I wouldn't say enough to even it out, but definately a lot closer then we are giving you credit for.

I also would state, there is something to be said for a team that consistantly puts up big points, it takes pressure of the defense and may have led to some of the lower numbers. (things like effeciency between the 20's)

Post Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:15 am 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

From what I've seen the past four weeks....we are the irrestable force! We might be slowed down, but we will score...even if it takes a 90 yard drive to win at the end of the game. We will not be denied!

Post Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:18 am 
NET Veteran

Dam it Bigpumpkin you are getting me all riled up again!

SEA 58 - WAS 0

Ok, ok... calming down.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]