Russell Wilson running the ball

Nearpost

Reaction score
California exile here, and long suffering Chargers fan. However, after five years up here in the great Northwest I have come to greatly respect Seattle fans, whether they be the long suffering Mariners, roof raising Sounders, or of course, the equally rowdy 12th men of The Seattle Seahawks.

I feel a bit like a rat deserting a sinking ship, but I can't resist getting caught up in the excitement of the resurgent, rebuilt, Seahawks. I hope there is room for me on the bandwagon.

So anyway, a couple of questions. Does anyone else on here get nervous when Wilson runs with the ball? It seems to me he doesn't always slide at the end of a run.

Regarding the big game, Is Kam Chancellor the antidote to Morris running the ball? I'm reading that our run defence is a weakness, so given our strength at cornerback, I was wondering if eight men on/near the line would be a solution.

Sorry if this is all a bit mundane from me, but I just wanted to join the party that is taking place on here!

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Seahawks primarily play cover 3 zone (2 CB's and FS Deep, LB/SS zone underneath) or a variation of cover 1 man (When Earl Thomas is dropping back in a zone, everyone else is in man coverage)

Either way, Kam chancellor is usually in or near the box to stuff a running play. So basically Kam along with our speedy linebackers are responsbile for the back.

One of the reasons we are susceptible to the inside run is likely because our LB's are so young. They'll need to hone their play diagnosis a bit.

I don't get too nervous watching wilson run. He has a compact body type and seems to be able to take hits and fall right. He's not lanky and gangly, you rarely see his limbs "flailing" or "flopping" when he's tackled. He seems to make smart decisions and usually only takes hits when he really needs that first down.

Other times, I've seen him take hits when it might be the best option. Even going out of bounds, you can still take a hit. At least by deciding sooner to just take the hit in bounds at times, he seems to brace for it well rather than just getting pushed to the ground at the sideline which IMO is probably better.

OP
OP
N

Nearpost

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome and the detailed analysis on Russell and Kam. Go Hawks!

Blazenhawks

Reaction score
Welcome man but I would say where our weakness what been is when we play the nickel and I hate to say it but Tru has been getting beat every time. He just doest have it anymore.

Latest posts