Eagles permitted to interview Gus Bradley for HC job

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Tech Worlds wrote:What about bringing in Monte Kiffin to run the defense next year? Pete and him would work well together.

Although Pete and Monte are great friends and Pete picked up Cover 2 and Tampa 2 concepts from Monte, their use of Tampa 2 is decidedly different (or so I've been told by people more in the know than I). It might be a great partnership, or it might not. I just don't know.

Whatever happens, I'm sure Pete will keep the D going strong.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Hawknballs wrote:weird. people baggin on our D-coordinator when we just had probably the best defensive season ever for the franchise? Didn't realize we were in Philly.

It no different than people still hating Holmgren. There will always be hater no matter how successful you are.
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• decaff907 wrote:Honestly don't see it as a big deal either way, whether he leaves or not. This is Pete's defense at its core, running on Pete's ideas, and using Pete's players. The next man up philosophy should work just fine.

Actually, the D really took off when Dan Quin had the idea of using Red Bryant at the position he's at now. This isn't all Pete's baby. With all of the young talent we like to use, having extra-ordinary teaching skill is vital..and that's (according to Pete) one of the major strengths Bradley brings to the table. Peter can't be everywhere at once, so, if we lose Gus, I'm sure he will put a lot of thought into the replacement.
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:I would not want to lose Bradley, but;

1. He's probably pretty far down the list of coaches as far as priority of wanting to hire.
    2. Our defense is good to go for the next 3-5 years minimum, I don't see losing Bradley as hurting our D.
    3. Any competent D coordinator would pull a hamstring wanting to come to Seattle to coach this defense.

Never was a Bradley fan, despite the massive success this year. I see that as more of Carroll's touch. Third down lack of success is extremely troubling.

I don't know if he'd be a good fit or not, but it would certainly make Monty Kiffin rumors explode. All 3 of your points are solid.
    MadSweeney
    NET Rookie

• Unfortunately this is the plight of every successful organization. You spend vast sums of resources cultivating and empowering your best and brightest, then someone else comes along and tries to better the deal they are currently getting, in the hope that that person can have equal or greater result within your organization. Gus is a product of the system. Pete knows that this is the nature of things and I suspect succession planning has already been underway for both Gus and Cable. I for one hope that both of them stay. Bevell is the one I am still not sure about.
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

• Why I think there is a plan in place for Sark at some point.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• This tells me that the Eagles miss Jim Johnson.....took them a while.
    captSE
    NET Starter

• Does anyone actually think he will get the job?

I dunno, I guess he could be a fall back guy like Zorn was if they end up missing out on a bigger fish.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• NFL Coaching has become a family business.
    No wonder, some people are crying foul and former player are never given opportunities to coach ...
    Shanahan and Son
    Shottenheimer and Son
    Caroll and Son
    I'm sure there is more.

In the meantime, some proven players ... and just forgotten ... so fast ...
    I'm not saying these guys won't be good coaches ... but, shouldn't former players be given a better shot?
    sc85sis wrote:
    • Norton's only DC experience was for a year at the HS level before he joined Pete's USC staff as a GA in 2004.
    • Richard has no DC experience. He was a GA at USC for 2 years prior to following Pete to the Hawks.
    • D-line coach Todd Wash has DC experience at the college level.
    • Rocky Seto was DC for Pete at USC for one year after Holt left and then followed Pete to Seattle.

On a completely unrelated note, Nate Carroll looks more and more like his dad with every passing year. http://www.seahawks.com/team/coaches/na ... 04884cc057
    Joe
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*

• if we lose gus, ray horton for the win! he's an ex-husky, and runs a great defense in arizona.

probably a lot of bradley's coaching stock will be determined by how our defense does in the playoffs.
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran

• mrblitz wrote:if we lose gus, ray horton for the win! he's an ex-husky, and runs a great defense in arizona.

probably a lot of bradley's coaching stock will be determined by how our defense does in the playoffs.

Yes and I am so sure Arizona would allow that to happen. Not to mention that his scheme is not similar to ours.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• I try not to say any negative things about the Hawks, but man, Nate Carroll looks like a total schlub! I'm sure I would take advantage of my surroundings if my dad was a great coach (and team president), too... but still... What a lucky dude!

And in regard to the news mentioned by the OP: I am not terrified by the thought of this actually happening because of Pete, himself. I honestly think it is more of an exploratory interview, more than a "we're interested in you" interview, though.
    Seaman
    NET Rookie

• if gus goes to eagles, Lovie smith will come here.
    and if bevel leaves Jon gruden.... ;) that's who I would take anyhow.
    --/*Seattle Seahawks*\--
    hawks4thewin
    NET Veteran

• Gruden would jizz in his pants if given opportunity to coach Wilson
    quadsas
    NET Practice Squad

• quadsas wrote:Gruden would jizz in his pants if given opportunity to coach Wilson

As HC, yes. As long as the money was close to what ESPN keeps increasing his pay to.

As an OC, not a chance.

He has all the cards and won't step out of the booth without a massive payday and almost total personnel control.
    MadSweeney
    NET Rookie

• Seaman wrote:I try not to say any negative things about the Hawks, but man, Nate Carroll looks like a total schlub! I'm sure I would take advantage of my surroundings if my dad was a great coach (and team president), too... but still... What a lucky dude!

And in regard to the news mentioned by the OP: I am not terrified by the thought of this actually happening because of Pete, himself. I honestly think it is more of an exploratory interview, more than a "we're interested in you" interview, though.

Yeah, what a schlub.
    Oh wait, that's not Nate. Here's Nate.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Growing-up-Carroll/034a2c82-b92f-451d-9175-838d3ddd49f4
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Eagles have been granted permission to interview Seattle DC Gus Bradley and Colts OC Bruce Arians for the head coaching vacancy.

https://twitter.com/EaglesInsider/statu ... 8842194946

Oh please be true, and please let him get it. He and his softzone defensive schemes should have been gone 2 years ago!
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• on some podcasts I have listened to, many of them have praised Bradley for his defensive schemes, and even suggested he makes Seattle's D more effective (Trent Dilfer on the latter). I do not want to lose him. But then again, I guess leading the league in points allowed is easy huh?
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• I have a feeling the Eagles will go some other direction, they're going to make a splashy hire of some sort.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• You're replacing Andy Reid here. The most successful coach in your teams history. You need to make a splash here. Gus, better luck in a few years. That's my opinion.
    KARAVARUS
    NET Veteran

• Per NFL Network, the Browns are trying to get permission to talk to Tom about being their next coach. Although I believe that they will ultimately go a different route, Chip Kelly, I would hate to see Tom go.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• If Bradley leaves, we should hire John Lithgoe. Put a wig on him and it will look like Pete is e everywhere - he could coach the O and the D at the same time.
    Machine-wrapped, with butter?

Yes, machine-wrapped, WITH BUTTER
    cdallan
    NET Veteran

• lol.. Why was the Cable thread merged into this one?
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Hasselbeck wrote:lol.. Why was the Cable thread merged into this one?

Deserves it's own thread, definitely. I don't want to lose Cable, he's too valuable for our O-line.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• Hasselbeck wrote:lol.. Why was the Cable thread merged into this one?

Yeah makes absolutely zero sense.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• I don't give a shit about Gus. Tom, on the other hand, has been one of the catalysts in the resurgence of the Hawks. If we lose him, we are screwed.
    gadgor
    NET Practice Squad

Next

It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:27 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information