Good Luck from a Ram

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Good Luck from a Ram
Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:22 pm
  • Well this is my first post here, had thought about joining prior to the Rams vs Seahawks game but went on vacation so didn't get around to it. Can call me Fitz, and i plan on visiting and looking in on the site from time to time. Well having said that, guess ill get on with my post.

Gratz on making the playoffs, I really wasn't expecting you guys to be so good when the season started. And i definatly didnt think RW was going to be starting or near as good as he has been, he has been a stud pure and simple. Doesnt throw a ton of passes(30/40+) but he makes his throws count big time. He became the best qb in the NFC west fast. I hate saying that of course cause i want Bradford to be the best. Hopefully two years in the same system and with some offensive upgrades he can became that QB for us. I am hoping RW has a sophomore slump so the Rams can leap from them in the division :D, nothing against RW, i just want my Rams to succeed more lol.

Great game last Sunday, thought for a while we might be able to pull out a win. Our defensive line played great for the most part, just wish our safeties and OLB had been better. That last TD by you guys really sucked, and i didnt think we would come back from it. Almost did but Bradford got forced into a 4th and long to try and get a td and your coverage was to good and Sherman sealed the win for you guys. I was at least happy not to get blown out like your previous 3 opponents, that really would of sucked.

I really hope you guys beat the Skins this week, not because im a fan of your team or anything, but cause i dont want our draft pick from them to drop any further. Really was hoping RG3 would suck for a couple years so we would have a few high draft picks from them, but oh well. Beat them anyways, after that though i doubt i will be rooting for you(unless you play the Whiners, then i will probably root for you, maybe :P ).

I love how the NFC West has gone from the worst division to one of the best and hardest divisions in the league. I think in the years to come the Whiners, Hawks and Rams are all going to be battling each other for the division champion and for wild card spots and giving headaches to most teams we will play. I love the direction Fisher/Snead has taken the Rams in, and i think next year we will be able to battle for a wildcard spot at the least(high hopes). I see the division being a three headed race for years to come. The Cards need a qb and O-line, i dont see them contending to much in the next few years(IMO).

I've read on the site about some hate you get from some rams fans and how a lot of them dont like Carrol. As some pointed out, there are those types of fans for every team. As for Carrol, don't hate him or anything, but don't like him either, its nothing personal against him, and im sure if he was the Rams HC i'd love him, i think it's just cause he's the HC of a division rival. Never liked USC but i have nothing personal against him, just your HC so not a fan :o

Well anyways just thought id introduce myself and some of my thoughts. Best of luck Sunday, hopefully no major injuries or anything.
    Fitz the Ram
    NET Rookie

Re: Good Luck from a Ram
Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:26 pm
  • Thanks dude.

I agree with your NFC West assessment, gonna be a nasty conference for many years to come. Fisher is a god send for your team btw, give that man a raise cause he has you guys playing some good sound football........especially on the defensive side.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:27 pm
  • agree with a lot of your points, thanks for the post.

the Rams are doing things the right way there, they're going to keep getting better. They are already looking good with that 5-1 record in the division (That tie should have been a W forget about it)

If the cards find a coach and a QB my only hope is that we don't cannibalize ourselves. One silver lining to having to watch SF make it to the superbowl last season would have been that in the last 10 years we would have seen all 4 teams from the NFC West make it to the superbowl, not bad for the "NFC Worst".
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:28 pm
  • You went with the old school Rams yellow? Nice call.

I think you will find that pretty much everyone here respects your head coach and we know you are going to be a pain in the butt for us from now on. My personal opinion is that over the next two years you will vying with us for the division while the Niners decline.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:29 pm
  • Thanks man.

You guys are going to be scary. You scare me more than the Niners do. YOu have extra draft picks, maybe the most physically talented DL in football, and Fisher is a hell of a coach. Add in a pair of very good CBs and you're going to be a rough out. You already have the best divisional record last year, and really, that's where it starts.

I won't lie...if we're not in the playoffs, I root for the divisional team. I was pulling for the Cards in that SB, that and I hate the Steelers. I could care less about the Niners or Giants (unless we play Niners), so I pulled for them too. That and I feel sorry for Alex Smith.

Anyways, classy post and look to see you around. I, for one, like talking football with other fan bases and getting other perspectives.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:42 pm
  • Thanks man, much appreciated. Seahawks should be easy to like in a division with the 49'ers in it! (Ok, Ok, you didn't say like, let's just say respect).

It's going to be a great division for the next couple of years.
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:43 pm
  • Thanks everyone for the positive feedback, i love talking with other teams fans, always brings some new prospectives and insight on things, especially when there level headed like you guys. Glad i joined here.

Hawks46 wrote:I won't lie...if we're not in the playoffs, I root for the divisional team. I was pulling for the Cards in that SB, that and I hate the Steelers. I could care less about the Niners or Giants (unless we play Niners), so I pulled for them too. That and I feel sorry for Alex Smith.

I usually do to, i rooted for you guys when you went, i rooted for the Cards cause of Warner mostly(you know how us Rams fans love Warner), and i would probably root for the Cards if they made it again. I really can't root for the Whiners, mostly cause of the history we have had with them in the past, losing 17 straight games to them really ends any kind of rooting for them, and also since they came up with SOSAR(same old sorry ass rams) which i loath to no end.
    Fitz the Ram
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:20 pm
  • Welcome Fitz. I suspect that the Cards will also have a turn of fortunes if they make the right hire. Not sure why Whiz/Graves didn't get that OL in better shape as well as identify a QB to take Warner's place. Looks like they may end up losing Kiem, which I don't understand considering he was such a hot FO commodity over the years.

The Rams has a coach that will have that defense performing well while he is there. I think Bradford is stabilizing and given more weapons will be formidable. The chances of all 4 teams being above .500 is slim but the days of a clear cut favorite could be disappearing.

I don't suspect that the 9ers will be going away anytime soon. Justin Smith on defense is the oldest guy and could be around a few more years if injuries don't start robbing him of playing time.

The NFC as a whole looks to have some young blood popping up. The Bucs and Panthers in the South could be much better in the future. Skins have turned it around though Detroit has regressed, maybe temporarily.

See you around.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:25 pm
  • drdiags wrote:Welcome Fitz. I suspect that the Cards will also have a turn of fortunes if they make the right hire. Not sure why Whiz/Graves didn't get that OL in better shape as well as identify a QB to take Warner's place. Looks like they may end up losing Kiem, which I don't understand considering he was such a hot FO commodity over the years.

The Rams has a coach that will have that defense performing well while he is there. I think Bradford is stabilizing and given more weapons will be formidable. The chances of all 4 teams being above .500 is slim but the days of a clear cut favorite could be disappearing.

I don't suspect that the 9ers will be going away anytime soon. Justin Smith on defense is the oldest guy and could be around a few more years if injuries don't start robbing him of playing time.

The NFC as a whole looks to have some young blood popping up. The Bucs and Panthers in the South could be much better in the future. Skins have turned it around though Detroit has regressed, maybe temporarily.

See you around.

Agree with your Cards assessment, kind of a head scratcher, hopefully they continue these kind of moves :D

Fisher definatly has our defense headed in the right direction, while not even having a true D-coordinator and using a comittee. If we add a safety(Dahl is horrid) and OLB(mcContosh has been less then stellar) and maybe a DL depth our defense will be complete for the most part and the rest can go to offense(which is much needed).

looks like the NFC as a whole has gotten better then the AFC
    Fitz the Ram
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:52 pm
  • Regarding your various draft picks from the Skins, almost makes no difference whether they're closer to #1 or #32, cuz you guys got a buttful!!! Don't know if this was Fisher or Snead or both, but man what a haul!

Good luck next year. It'll be a tough division for sure. I hope you're right below us at #2. :P
    Terry
    (The Lurker)
    tdlabrie
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:02 pm
  • tdlabrie wrote:Regarding your various draft picks from the Skins, almost makes no difference whether they're closer to #1 or #32, cuz you guys got a buttful!!! Don't know if this was Fisher or Snead or both, but man what a haul!

Good luck next year. It'll be a tough division for sure. I hope you're right below us at #2. :P

To us rams fans it makes a differance lol. But how the draft is working out this year its ok, there isnt a lot of top tier talent like other years.

I will take us #2 below you guys in a heart beat next year. just means we are both better then the whiners and in the playoffs probably.

As to your Fisher/Snead comment, i think its both. Fisher never had any control while in Tenn.(he didnt want Young) Now he has some control and a GM he can work with and they are in charge, which really makes this a lot different then his time with the Titans. I love the direction the Rams are headed in.

Good luck to you as well. and thanks for the kind words.

I am really loving joining this site, even if its a team i dont like. you guys are really cool and level headed for the most part. i couldnt ask for more from a team website.
    Fitz the Ram
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:26 pm
  • Hey Fitz, feel free to hop on the post season bandwagon! Might as well enjoy the good company now since we'll probably be required to hate on each other starting next year when you guys are in the playoff/division hunt along with us ;). I disagree with your thought that the 49ers will be able to keep the pace. They had their "era" last year, I hope they enjoyed it.

Jeff Fisher is a damn good coach and with all of the draft choices you guys have coming up I'm just glad that PC/JS had a couple of years head start on him.
    SoCalSeahawk
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:31 pm
  • SoCalSeahawk wrote:Hey Fitz, feel free to hop on the post season bandwagon! Might as well enjoy the good company now since we'll probably be required to hate on each other starting next year when you guys are in the playoff/division hunt along with us ;). I disagree with your thought that the 49ers will be able to keep the pace. They had their "era" last year, I hope they enjoyed it.

Jeff Fisher is a damn good coach and with all of the draft choices you guys have coming up I'm just glad that PC/JS had a couple of years head start on him.

I hope your right about the Whiners, would love for them to fall from grace :)

I feel the same that we are going to hate each other for a while, but im glad if we have that rivalry, will mean we both dont suck and are good lol.

Fitz the Ram
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:42 pm
  • I have nothing but respect for the Rams after that game last Sunday. Looking forward to a lot of good Hawks-Rams games to come in future seasons!
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:50 pm
  • Ya the Rams have shown some real pride this year. Even when they were completely out of the playoffs they continued to play teams tough.
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:55 pm
  • Oh my, I went into this thread thinking a ram had found access to a computer and taught himself to type!
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:36 pm
  • Fitz the Ram wrote:
    I love how the NFC West has gone from the worst division to one of the best and hardest divisions in the league.

I agree. The division becoming tougher can only bring good things to both of our teams.

Thanks for stopping by and for the well wishes.

Go Hawks!

Go NFC West!
    Riley12
    * NET Recluse *
    * NET Recluse *

Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:39 pm
  • Rams are for real. Now if we could only trade the Tards out of the division so we can really become the most dominant division in the NFL. <smirk>

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:40 pm
  • Welcome aboard Fitz, glad to have you.

I am a member of Clan Ram but only get over there about once a year.

Fisher is your answer all of us here are sad to say. lol

:les:
    Getting ready for some football
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:48 pm
  • Thanks for stopping by, Fitz.

Rams are on definitely making strides. Are you content hitching your wagon to Sam Bradford's star?
    Formerly known as Seahawk425.
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:14 pm
  • Fisher is a great coach and a class act. Wish he weren't in the division. The NFC West is the best division in the NFL.
    I'm In!

What attracted you to the Seahawks?
    “It’s a combination of what I believe the coaches are doing here, the atmosphere and what I think we’re going to do here in the future. I think we’re going to win and win a lot and be a championship team.” – Zac Miller, August 4, 2011
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:49 pm
  • Welcome. Great post and thanks for the well wishes in winning this weekend and remaining injury free. Classy.

Growing up in the Great PNW I was a huge Hawk fan but loved the stories about Crazy Legs Hersch. I knew the Rams always wanted to beat the Cowboys in the NFC so I rooted for them too. Then we got plopped in the same division so it's Hawks all the way, but if you were in the Playoffs I'd still root for you if not playing us. Love to see our two teams fighting it out for the Division with us winning it and getting home field, of course:)

Anyway, like others have said you will keep getting better. Not only do you have a ton of picks but your team is more like us and knows how to use them. Unlike the Whiners who draft like crap which is better for both of us. Good luck next year and in the draft and thanks again!
    Timberhawk
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:37 pm

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:02 am
  • I honesty think the Rams are one of the top up and coming teams at the moment, they will be one of my pics next season to be one of the teams who didn't make the 2012 playoffs to make the 2013 playoffs, same thing I said about the Skins and the Broncos at the beginning of this season you can tell when a team is ready to turn the corner, Rams are one of those teams..

they have proved they are tough and formidable, with some fine tuning I would expect to see more Ram victories next year along with some post season play...

best of luck, should be some serious dog fights in the NFC next season... :thirishdrinkers:
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:14 am
  • Welcome man!

I had a question. How good has the Rams d-line been overall? I know Rams have a beast in Long but I got worried last game since they got to Russell Wilson so many times. I'm curious how productive your d-line has been all year and how they've been playing against other offensive lines in the NFL.
    Skittles - The candy of champions.
    Seahawksfan425
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:14 am
  • :2:

Good assessment overall, and no worries about not being a fan of Carroll's. You can even say you hate him, but don't ever say it's because of supposed "cheating", as if Bush taking money from someone he knew before he ever went to college in a different city from where USC is is an example of Carroll cheating.

I'm kind of glad you guys have Bradford, to be honest. He will keep you from being a 12-win team, but he's far from being bad enough to just "Benchez" like good old Marky Mark in NY. I'll be curious to see if Fisher really sticks with him, or tries to bring a new QB in from the draft or free agency in the next year or two.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:47 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I'm kind of glad you guys have Bradford, to be honest. He will keep you from being a 12-win team, but he's far from being bad enough to just "Benchez" like good old Marky Mark in NY. I'll be curious to see if Fisher really sticks with him, or tries to bring a new QB in from the draft or free agency in the next year or two.

just thinking about Bradford, is it me or does he seem to hesitate or appear apprehensive just prior to the snap when those plays crumble?

dunno just seems like when the camera closes in on him after those type of plays he looks somewhat confused or rattled like he wasn't comfortable with the call in the least and somehow knew it would fail?
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:10 am
  • I have always welcomed fans comments from other teams as long as they seem intelligent and don't talk all trash and no substance. I like a good rivalry, as long as we always win.
    I hate losing, always. I can't even read comments on here for a few days after a loss.

I found the opposing team site for the Redskins interesting, in that they do not welcome visitors from other teams. They state that up front. They promise abuse, etc. You can post, but don't expect a friendly comment. I would like to say we have much more class here. Keep it up.
    Go Hawks!
    OlyHawk
    NET Rookie

Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:26 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Good assessment overall, and no worries about not being a fan of Carroll's. You can even say you hate him, but don't ever say it's because of supposed "cheating", as if Bush taking money from someone he knew before he ever went to college in a different city from where USC is is an example of Carroll cheating.

I'm kind of glad you guys have Bradford, to be honest. He will keep you from being a 12-win team, but he's far from being bad enough to just "Benchez" like good old Marky Mark in NY. I'll be curious to see if Fisher really sticks with him, or tries to bring a new QB in from the draft or free agency in the next year or two.

All that stuff they call cheating in college is mostly overblown and garbage IMO. I dont agree with a lot of the rules in those types of situations and i actually had completely forgot about all of that stuff till you mentioned it.

I think Fisher will stick with bradford for at least another year. He did improve somewhat this past year so we shall see.

btw, great username and pic. Love the Dark Tower.

Twisted wrote:just thinking about Bradford, is it me or does he seem to hesitate or appear apprehensive just prior to the snap when those plays crumble?

dunno just seems like when the camera closes in on him after those type of plays he looks somewhat confused or rattled like he wasn't comfortable with the call in the least and somehow knew it would fail?

That is one of our biggest problems we have with him, his pocket awareness and making plays out of nothing. He has improved this year but is still an issue that hopefully he somehow fixes.

sc85sis wrote:Just remember, Fish is a USC alum.

Had completely forgot about that. Like i said i don't care much for USC(im a gator fan) but dont have any problem with it.

Seahawksfan425 wrote:Welcome man!

I had a question. How good has the Rams d-line been overall? I know Rams have a beast in Long but I got worried last game since they got to Russell Wilson so many times. I'm curious how productive your d-line has been all year and how they've been playing against other offensive lines in the NFL.

Our D-line has def improved over last year. Brockers missed some games early with an ankle sprain but once he came back helped a lot and had 4 sacks this year. Langford(our other DT) has been solid, but i could see us upgrading him in a year or so. Quinn is a pure speed rusher and Long is, well hes a beast. We still need to work on your run defense, mostly need Long and Quinn to step up in that area, as they over pursue at times.

Overall i think our D-line has been the highlight of this team this year. Tied Denver with 52 sacks to lead the league which was awesome. Fisher wants our Defense to break the sack total record for a team(which is 72 atm i believe). Now that would be awesome.

With a new OLB and a new starting Safety(craig dahl sucks big time), our defense will basically be complete. Those areas though have really hurt us this year. So once we fix that i think our D-line wont have to worry as much as what goes on behind them.

D-line played good for most part, just were a few games where they didnt play to well.

Wish they did as well every week as they did against the Cards in week 5(9 sacks and like 27 hurries/pressures/hits).

Love our defense and D-line!!!
    Fitz the Ram
    NET Rookie

Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:02 am
  • we'll trade you Flynn for that whole Dline???
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:24 am
  • Throwdown wrote:we'll trade you Flynn for that whole Dline???

Wow, That is an amazing deal!!!!! Throw in an autographed RW jersey and you got a deal!
    Fitz the Ram
    NET Rookie

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:57 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information