All Day I Dream About Seahawks

NYCoug

Reaction score
Someone please tell me that I am not the only one who feels this way right about now. Thanks in advance for putting up with my BS ;)

My preemptive apologies to my friends and family haven't seemed to work. I told them that I wouldn't be the same this week. I told them that, even though it might not seem like it, everything is okay and I still love them. My girlfriend keeps wondering why I'm so deep in thought and ignoring her. It's not you, it's not me, it's the Seahawks baby! They're the only thing on my mind right now.

My production at work is slipping. I'm not my usual outgoing, happy go lucky self. All I want to do is watch Seahawks highlights and prepare for this game. No, I'm not a coach or a player, so my preparation means absolutely nothing to the outcome of the game. Think that's gonna stop me? There's something inside me that demands more. Call it obsession, call it love. Either way, whatever it is, I'm going all in on it.

This isn't too far from the norm. Everyone from my grandmother, to my boss, to my little sister has heard my sometimes crazed Seahawks ramblings over the years. Funny thing about the ramblings is, they don't seem so crazy anymore. I rant and I rave less, only stopping to point out how fraudulent the sports media and Roger Goodell are because those two things still rub me the entirely wrong way. I don't have to rant and rave about the Seahawks anymore because their play does it for me. They took my pre-season 10-6 with a Wild Card berth prediction, which my friends laughed at, and added a win to their real record just for kicks. Nobody laughs at me anymore. Not after Brandon Browner or Kam Chancellor devastates a receiver's central nervous system. No, no one laughs anymore.

The conversation has shifted from "why do you like the damned Seahawks?!" to "the Seahawks are nasty!" Funny how quickly that happened. Give Pete Carroll 3 years and he can work miracles. That's why I have the utmost confidence that he will have this team prepared this coming Sunday. Prepared for the great unknown.

After all, that's the biggest thing we are up against this Sunday, is the unknown. Will the team play up to it's full potential, on the road? Will Shanahan outsmart Carroll? Will Brandon Browner be rusty? Will Russell Wilson continue his superb play in his debut game in the playoffs? So many questions and all of the answers will have to wait until Sunday. It's important to remember that the Redskins are facing most of the same, if not similar question marks. However, what we do know is that if the Seahawks play their A game, the Redskins simply will not stand a chance, even if RGIII and company bring theirs.

The Redskins are an exceptionally talented young squad, there's no denying that. There's also no denying that the only way they can win this game is if the Seahawks have a letdown of Seahawk proportions. They are the only ones who can stand in their own way. It was supposed to be a 4 Year Plan, but sometimes plans change, which can be a good thing if you're ready to take the opportunity and run with it.

We all we got, we all we need isn't just a rallying cry for this team. It represents the truth. When Lawyer Milloy first uttered the now trademark phrase, it was meant to represent the "us against the world" mentality that the team needed to win in spite of it's lack of elite talent. Now, it's morphed into some greater. It still rings true with "us against the world" but it also now means that the team doesn't have to rely on anyone else to win as long as they do their thing. They really are all they need. This team is loaded with talent and leadership, oh, and a remarkably talented leader at quarterback.

It's been 30 years since the Seahawks last won a road playoff game. Sure, that sucks. It sucks a whole lot. However, it's time for the insanity to end. This team deserves to put this skid to bed. They are good enough to do it. I'm expecting a tough one down to the wire but I think the Seahawks should walk away victorious.

It's time to leave the "Same Old Seahawks" in the rear view window. The sense of impending doom, the ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, and the rare ability to always come up just short need to become a thing of the past and there's no better time than now. There was a time where I would be full of despair right about now. The prospect of stopping RGIII and Alfred Morris on the road would seem to big a task. Not anymore. My heart's telling me that the Seahawks might let me down but my brain just won't seem to agree. This is new to me, I've never felt that before with regards to our Seahawks.

I know everyone around me is feeling ignored and probably can't believe that this team means this much to me. I could care less right now. It DOES mean this much to me as I'm sure it does to all of you. I can already tell what a bitch "sleeping" is going to be on Saturday Night. I'll probably get an hour or so, that's probably an hour or so more than some. This disease called being a Seahawks fan already had it's hold on me for the better part of my 25 years on this earth. Now it's infected my brain, my heart, and my soul a little more than it already had.

2012 was supposed to be the year of the 12, and for the Seahawks it was. For yours truly though, it was a rough one. I dealt with a lot of personal hardships along the way and a lot of real life pain and heartbreak, as I'm sure many of you did as well. No matter how bleak things looked in reality, watching this team on Sunday's has been a shining light that I could look forward to. Even if I don't remember everything come Monday, it was the highlight of my week. It's always been one of the joys of my life, there's honestly not many things I enjoy more, but this season holds a special place in my heart. If I could thank every single one of these guys individually, I would. The fact that I've been able to take in a game in Seattle, my own personal mecca, and take in so many games with fellow 12's has only made this season that much more special. Thanks for the amazing times.

I just don't want it to end. Not now, not Sunday. Forget me, a few weeks of solitude and loads of alcohol probably still won't erase the disaster that a loss on Sunday would cause. Somehow, I'd deal with it. It's the players, coaches, front office, Paul Allen, and the rest of the 12th Man that will be in my thoughts if things don't go as planned in DC.

Enough of the negativity though, we're goin out on a high note. Wherever you watch the game this Sunday, at home, in a bar, wherever... don't stop yelling, don't stop screaming. You honestly shouldn't even have a voice come game's end. If you're lucky enough to be at FedEx Field you absolutely MUST be loud, supportive, and proud. This young team needs all the confidence and support it can get.

After the Patriots game I told myself that I'd never doubt this team again. I told myself that I'd never doubt Russell Wilson, ever. Might sound silly but I guess that's what comes with being a fanatic. Sure, there's been points where I've wanted to throw myself through my TV set or chain smoke a pack of cigarettes after downing a Double Jameson, but it's been worth it. Hell, there might come a point on Sunday where I contemplate doing this very thing. Regardless, I'm never going to stop believing. I'm not going to doubt this team. It's time to go rewrite history. I'll have my war paint on and I refuse to sit down and shut up.

John Schneider mentioned how he wants his team to be able to win a street fight. It's time for the Seahawks to show John that they are everything he, and we, have ever wanted.

GO HAWKS!

12flag

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I could pretty much copy and paste this and it woud sum up my thoughts pretty well (especially down to the double jameson nice choice)

Whatever happens its been a special season.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2c3akwea said:
TL;DR, but yeah, I can think about little else these days.
You should take the time to read it. Seriously.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
This is the game that Russell Wilson has been preparing for his whole life.

Believe it.

OP
OP
N

NYCoug

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":r8wtkdd0 said:

Believe it.

That seriously just gave me goosebumps. I never thought of it that way before. Mind... blown!

Shock2k

Reaction score
Oh god is this guy the Seattle version of the Unibomber.

Just kidding, well met. Feel the same way.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
this season's just had a special feeling to it i think we all get, nothing has been easy, nothing has been handed to anyone. I realize the 'fail mary' people are going to disagree but that didn't define our season in any way, like it very well could have on a team with less confidence backed up with ability every week.

It's been the first time in a long time that as the best fans in the NFL, feels like the 12's are getting a return on their investment.

Seattle_Stunna_MD

Reaction score
Awesome post, nice write up and being able to coherently write it all up is even more admirable.

You can bet that come Sunday at FedEx, we will be loud. Lets go Hawk fans, see you Sunday at FedEx!!!!

Interesting point you make about Saturday night...I forgot that I will have to try and sleep, at some point. Man, its going to be a tossing/turning night in bed. I'm almost sure i'll have some type of dream Seahawk related with Hawks on my mind all weekend.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
luckily saturday night im finally going to see the hobbit after a late dinner and drinks and my cousin will be staying over so we'll probably be up late playing xbox after. should be good and tired by the time i hit the pillow.

j hawk

Reaction score
Today I have rewatched the niners game and New England game. Then I listened to a Sea Hawks podcast. Now Ive read everything on dot net. No I dont have a Hawks problem and Im sticken to it.

sam1313

Reaction score
NYCoug, well said. I'm in the same boat - should be working but can't. Can this game please start now?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1gv9h0iv said:

Believe it.

I believe it, someone posted that article about Russell Wilson and how his father would do mock interviews with him when he was younger in case he made it big, and one of those included a mock interview after winning the superbowl. This was as a child. Win or lose this year, that kid and these coaches will get us there.

Erebus

Reaction score
NYCoug":3qi27neg said:
2012 was supposed to be the year of the 12, and for the Seahawks it was. For yours truly though, it was a rough one. I dealt with a lot of personal hardships along the way and a lot of real life pain and heartbreak, as I'm sure many of you did as well. No matter how bleak things looked in reality, watching this team on Sunday's has been a shining light that I could look forward to. Even if I don't remember everything come Monday, it was the highlight of my week. It's always been one of the joys of my life, there's honestly not many things I enjoy more, but this season holds a special place in my heart.

I can definitely relate to that. This year was especially rough for me personally, so the Seahawks (and even their very interesting offseason) really helped me through it by giving me something else to focus on and something to cheer for.

VaporHawk

Reaction score
Why would he have drawn our name from the hat if it weren't going to be special?

Some kind of sick coincidence or something? I don't think so!

Starrman44

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I read about half of the op, but it was certainly in line with my week. In fact, I keep referring to the game as if it happens on Saturday, though I am locked in for it being on Sunday. I just want it to get here.

This season feels special to me. It has since Preseason. I love the talent on our roster. I love Russell Wilson. At the beginning of the Season I would have only traded him for Andrew Luck. The only thing that prevented me from RG3 is the way RG3 runs (I am terribly afraid he is going to have a major injury, and I don't want that to happen). I think RG3 is electric throwing and running and he is smart, too.

Now, I am locking into Russell Wilson because he is a special human being. His back story, his mindset, his preparation. He's the kind of kid that I would feel compelled to call him Mr. Wilson. Even in the locker room scene he seems to be just a little more mature than his teammates, yet he relates. It's like a real special teacher that can relate to the students, but also maintain a great respect level.

When I talk to my wife about him it seems to turn into some kind of lecture or sermon. The way he repeats his philosophy (separation/preparation, 100 yards, compete, height doesn't define skill set, etc), well, it bleeds into my mind and I repeat them as well. It's his rookie year and we could already compile a list of Wilsonisms (or whatever you would call it). The kid is going to end up spawning some kind of fortune cookie culture. His messages are going to be written over the tunnel going onto football fields.

Anyway, he inspires me to believe (3elieve, corny but I see that 3 substituted for the B now all the time after watching one of those Wilson videos - it's like a mind worm).

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I love the Seahawks, but everyone above this post needs a life.

BGHawk

Reaction score
RW and the Seattle Seahawks are going to do everything in thier power to win this thing...Believe iT...Go Hawks

Hawknballs

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3vq8zhxr said:
I love the Seahawks, but everyone above this post needs a life.

spend a lot of time on your super popular seahawks blog there guy?

Latest posts