Bill Simmons picks Hawks over Skins

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Bill Simmons picks Hawks over Skins
Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:56 pm
  • Remember when Simmons picked the Seahawks as a SB contender before the season?

The easiest pick of Round 1 for me. The Seahawks aren't just the most balanced team in football, they're one of the most balanced teams ever. Football Outsiders' DVOA ranked them fourth in offense, fourth in defense and third in special teams. They didn't play a single bad game all season — even in their five losses, they had a chance to win each game in the final minutes. So if you're picking against them, you're doing it for three reasons: You think they're a better home team than road team, you're jumping at the chance to pick against Pete Carroll on the road, and you're banking on Washington's crowd (great fans, by the way) to push their boys to another level...

The Pick: Seattle 30, Washington 17

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/881 ... stications
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

Re: Bill Simmons picks Hawks over Skins
Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:58 pm
  • same guy who also predicted Russell Wilson would lead us to the promised land as a rookie.

So far he's not wrong....
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:59 pm
  • Lets add the Super Bowl prediction was pre-season...

Make it or break it Simmons sticks his neck out with far fetched ideas but usually backed by sound logic
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:00 pm
  • We will see what DVOA means after Sunday. DVOA says we win it right, unless we don't win of course then they just rework the numbers?

NFC Playbook
    3 x Washington
    1 x Seattle (Baldinger)
    Idle vaporings of a mind diseased
    VaporHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:18 pm
  • See my sig.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:27 pm
  • I picked Texans-Seahawks on March 3rd 2011 and I'm still not wrong.

Simmons is boss.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:38 pm
  • bestfightstory wrote:I picked Texans-Seahawks on March 3rd 2011 and I'm still not wrong.

Simmons is boss.

Did you put 1000 bucks down in Vegas?
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:46 pm
  • Here's the one thing I don't like about Simmons being on our bandwagon right now (I do acknowledge that he is one of my favorite writers and reading his initial column picking us was nothing short of amazing): But one thing that really irked me was that after our Miami collapse--or maybe the Detroit-- he jumped off our bandwagon saying he was done with us--something to that effect and still annoys me.
    SeaToTheHawks
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:55 pm
  • SeaToTheHawks wrote:Here's the one thing I don't like about Simmons being on our bandwagon right now (I do acknowledge that he is one of my favorite writers and reading his initial column picking us was nothing short of amazing): But one thing that really irked me was that after our Miami collapse--or maybe the Detroit-- he jumped off our bandwagon saying he was done with us--something to that effect and still annoys me.

I recall many reactions on these boards being somewhat similar. That was a tough loss. Simmons' reaction exhibited that he's kind of a fan--his reaction had a bit of hurt in it.
    “We need to be challenged, ... and we need to be under the gun to respond.” --Pete Carroll
    nanomoz
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:31 am
  • nanomoz wrote:
    SeaToTheHawks wrote:Here's the one thing I don't like about Simmons being on our bandwagon right now (I do acknowledge that he is one of my favorite writers and reading his initial column picking us was nothing short of amazing): But one thing that really irked me was that after our Miami collapse--or maybe the Detroit-- he jumped off our bandwagon saying he was done with us--something to that effect and still annoys me.

I recall many reactions on these boards being somewhat similar. That was a tough loss. Simmons' reaction exhibited that he's kind of a fan--his reaction had a bit of hurt in it.

You recall correctly. Everyone was being pussies on this board after we lost the Miami game, people were even whispering for Flynn, it was a shame.
    Smoke
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:37 am
  • Smoke wrote:
    nanomoz wrote:
    SeaToTheHawks wrote:Here's the one thing I don't like about Simmons being on our bandwagon right now (I do acknowledge that he is one of my favorite writers and reading his initial column picking us was nothing short of amazing): But one thing that really irked me was that after our Miami collapse--or maybe the Detroit-- he jumped off our bandwagon saying he was done with us--something to that effect and still annoys me.

You recall correctly. Everyone was being pussies on this board after we lost the Miami game, people were even whispering for Flynn, it was a shame.

Pussies. The lot of them.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:58 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information