Ron Jaworski ranks the rookies

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Ranked the top QBs only mentioning a few, but he ranked the rookies up for rookie of the year as:

10. Robert Griffen
11. Andrew Luck
13. Russell Wilson

What say you?

If you want to watch the video its on the espn NFL page.

Edit. I should add that we should not expect Russell to win the rookie of the year award, especially with media guys like Jaworski and Clayton thinking Luck is more deserving. Isn't it 50 media guys voting on the award anyway?

OP
OP
A

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":qapgay16 said:
He ranked 10 players ABOVE RG3, Luck and Wilson?? Which ones?

If you watch the video he lists something like

1. Peyton
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Tom Brady

Then stops at like 5 or 6 then moves on to the rooks.

KDawg_ES

Reaction score
Andrew Luck does not in any way, shape or form belong before Russell Wilson. Ever.

As a 'Skins fan, I have to say I agree with Griff at one and Wilson would be my two. I might even put Muscle Hamster and Morris ahead of Luck, to be honest. And that's not an indictment on Luck's future, but he leads the league in turnovers because his team is asking him to throw the ball so often. He has comebacks simply because his mistakes put that team in place to need to make comebacks. I also don't buy the argument that Luck deserves credit because his team had the worst record last year. When you trot Curtis Painter, Kerry Collins and god knows who else out at quarterback every week, you're not even trying.

I understand most 'Hawks fans would probably have Griff and Wilson switched. But I said this in the thread I posted yesterday, one thing I think we can all find common ground in is this: As long as Griffin or Wilson win it and it's not Luck, it makes sense and its acceptable.

OP
OP
A

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
KDawg_ES":hwqcsv8m said:
Andrew Luck does not in any way, shape or form belong before Russell Wilson. Ever.

As a 'Skins fan, I have to say I agree with Griff at one and Wilson would be my two. I might even put Muscle Hamster and Morris ahead of Luck, to be honest. And that's not an indictment on Luck's future, but he leads the league in turnovers because his team is asking him to throw the ball so often. He has comebacks simply because his mistakes put that team in place to need to make comebacks. I also don't buy the argument that Luck deserves credit because his team had the worst record last year. When you trot Curtis Painter, Kerry Collins and god knows who else out at quarterback every week, you're not even trying.

I understand most 'Hawks fans would probably have Griff and Wilson switched. But I said this in the thread I posted yesterday, one thing I think we can all find common ground in is this: As long as Griffin or Wilson win it and it's not Luck, it makes sense and its acceptable.

My bias says Wilson > Griffin, especially considering the last 8 weeks (one of which Griffin was out) but I would not be disappointed if Griffin gets the award. It's exciting to see such a talented group of young QBs dominate as they have!

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... son-rg-iii

DaveyP

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":1tg0i2l8 said:

From a screencap I saw on Twitter, so I can't verify that these are the actual rankings:

4. Matt Ryan
5. Drew Brees
6. Ben Roethlisberger
7. Eli Manning
8. Joe Flacco
9. Matt Schaub

OP
OP
A

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
DaveyP":m67xankf said:
Chrome_Seahawk":m67xankf said:

From a screencap I saw on Twitter, so I can't verify that these are the actual rankings:

4. Matt Ryan
5. Drew Brees
6. Ben Roethlisberger
7. Eli Manning
8. Joe Flacco
9. Matt Schaub

Wow Roeth, Eli, Flacco and Schaub made it over Wilson/Griffin? LOL. Maybe last year when they weren't in the league.

LawHawk

Reaction score
ELI MANNING???? SCHAUB? FLACCO? WTF??? I can see Ryan and Brees, maybe Roethlisberger. But no way no way no way is Eli Manning or Joe Flacco or Matt Schaub better than our boy.

jkitsune

Reaction score
KDawg_ES":1cmnd1e6 said:

I agree with you wholeheartedly. If RW doesn't win it, RG3 should. Luck, IMO, should be third to those guys.

Up until a week ago I thought, in my heart of hearts, that RG3 probably deserved it more. He had substantially more rushing production, had thrown fewer picks (albeit fewer INTs), and had more overall TDs. His QB rating was also substantially higher.

But now they're essentially tied statistically. Either one could win it, and I'm guessing that RG3 will, for whatever reason - but that's fine by me. He deserves it every bit as much as RW. They both deserve it more than Luck. In my heart of hearts, I don't know that I honestly believe either RG3 or RW stand out as 'more deserving' than the other.

KDawg_ES

Reaction score
jkitsune":mnaph0n6 said:
But now they're essentially tied statistically. Either one could win it, and I'm guessing that RG3 will, for whatever reason - but that's fine by me. He deserves it every bit as much as RW. They both deserve it more than Luck. In my heart of hearts, I don't know that I honestly believe either RG3 or RW stand out as 'more deserving' than the other.

I've been trying real hard to think of reasons Griffin deserves it over Wilson... But I'm having a hard time coming up with one other than a lack of turnovers. Wilson's thrown 393 passes (2.5% INT rate) and Griff has thrown 393 passes (1.3% INT rate). Griffin also has more rush TDs and rush yards. But then Wilson has six more passing touchdowns. They're so neck and neck it's crazy. Those six more touchdowns actually translate to him having more touchdowns in total.

I don't think you can go wrong with having either one of these guys as your franchise quarterback or rookie of the year. Both of our teams hit the lottery with these guys :)

Cartire

Reaction score
I have insider, I just copied the list from there, here you go...

Jaws' QB Rankings

1. Peyton Manning

2. Aaron Rodgers

3 . Tom Brady

4. Matt Ryan

5. Drew Brees

6. Ben Roethlisberger

7. Eli Manning

8. Joe Flacco

9. Matt Schaub

10. Robert Griffin III

11. Andrew Luck

12. Jay Cutler

13. Russell Wilson

14. Colin Kaepernick

15. Tony Romo

16. Andy Dalton

17. Philip Rivers

18. Cam Newton

19. Josh Freeman

20. Matthew Stafford

21. Sam Bradford

22. Carson Palmer

23. Christian Ponder

24. Ryan Tannehill

25. Michael Vick

26. Chad Henne

27. Brandon Weeden

28. Ryan Fitzpatrick

29. Jake Locker

30. Brady Quinn

31. Mark Sanchez

32. Brian Hoyer

OP
OP
A

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Wow, still can't believe Eli and even Roethlisberger are ahead of Wilson/Griffin. These rookies led their teams to the playoffs AND put up better QBR and qb ratings.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Schaub has no business being in the top 10. Flacco is extremely borderline as well. I'd put Wilson somewhere in the 5-10 range, along with RG3, and maybe Luck too.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Jaws is old school. He believes in only one offensive system... straight back dropping QB that stays in the pocket and does not attempt to run except for when his receivers are all covered. RGIII and Russell Wilson will never out-rank QBs like Manning(s), Rodgers, and Flacco.

I wouldn't stress one bit over his QB rankings.

jkitsune

Reaction score
KDawg_ES":2ou0alij said:
jkitsune":2ou0alij said:

I've been trying real hard to think of reasons Griffin deserves it over Wilson... But I'm having a hard time coming up with one other than a lack of turnovers. Wilson's thrown 393 passes (2.5% INT rate) and Griff has thrown 393 passes (1.3% INT rate). Griffin also has more rush TDs and rush yards. But then Wilson has six more passing touchdowns. They're so neck and neck it's crazy. Those six more touchdowns actually translate to him having more touchdowns in total.

I don't think you can go wrong with having either one of these guys as your franchise quarterback or rookie of the year. Both of our teams hit the lottery with these guys :)

Agreed. Which is why I feel so incredibly lucky that our team was able to hit the lottery in the third round. RG3 is a hell of a player, but he was an expensive one for you guys (albeit well worth it).

Cartire

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3qan0s2j said:
Cartire, that's a big no-no. You can post a snippet of the article, but not the whole thing.
It wasnt the whole article, it was jsut the list. He rambles on for a whole page before the list. But it was very ugly on the paste, so thanks to the mods for cleaning it up.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
When was the last time Andrew Luck was better than RW? 2010? 2009?

Hawksfan78

Reaction score
This must be QB's not rookie QB's... Rogers and Tom Brady didnt even play when they were rookies. They road the pine

Latest posts