we wanted to draft Foster.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
we wanted to draft Foster.
Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:54 pm
  • I never knew that we called foster in the 7th round getting ready to draft him . Jim Mora almost did a good thing! Don't take me wrong , im very happy to have Lynch.

Im watching the show Profile:60 on espn and Foster mentions that seattle called him in the 7th round but because he sounded so bummed on the phone to be drafted so low in the 2009 NFL draft Jim Mora decided to pass on him. we ended up taking Nick Reed and boy was he fun to watch that offseason :mrgreen:
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran

Re: we wanted to draft Foster.
Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:03 pm
  • I'm watching the same thing. That was a suprise to me to. It got me thinking what if we had gotten him, would he have even been this good, and what would have happened to Lynch. We likley wouldn't have one of the greatest runs in playoff history.
    jhawk91
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:21 pm

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:27 pm
  • Just another feather in Mora/Ruskell's cap.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:35 pm
  • Who could we have drafted instead of kelly Jennings? A kicker?
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:11 am
  • Oh, yes, we only draft guys who are excited about coming to Seattle and are happy with the round they are being picked in. So, if a first rounder falls to the seventh and we call and he seems to be unhappy, we move on to someone else.

Sounds like solid draft principles.

I finally can understand why Kelly Jennings was picked. They probably got the wrong number, but he was so ecstatic with being picked in the first round, they thought, hey, let's make this kids life... You're coming to Seattle, kid!! Woo-hoo...
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:02 am
  • Lawd, that could've saved us from watching Julius Jones run into his own lineman time n time again, I hate you Mora n Russell!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:33 am
  • Thank god Ruskell and Mora are long gone.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:03 am
  • Honestly I think it was for the better. If we would have drafted him we would probably still have Mora!!!!!!! :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:05 am
  • Just goes to show how little these so called "experts" really know about NFL talent.

Imagine if we'd have had P&J back then. They'd have snatched Foster right up.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:08 am
  • I am curious how the conversation ended, just from a human interaction standpoint. Something like "Well, sounds like you don't want to come here, so screw you! We're not picking you!" My guess is that if it was that late in the draft and they hadn't already submitted the pick, this was more like "We're calling to make sure you're healthy because we're considering picking you and we haven't spoken to you yet what with you being a 7th-rounder and all."

Consider also that as a 7th-round rookie he may not have made the team or may have been cut early in the season.
    We want the ball and we're gonna score.
    LawHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:30 am
  • AF_Hawk wrote:Honestly I think it was for the better. If we would have drafted him we would probably still have Mora!!!!!!! :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

Amen. I was going to post the same thing.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:33 am
  • Starrman44 wrote:I finally can understand why Kelly Jennings was picked. They probably got the wrong number, but he was so ecstatic with being picked in the first round, they thought, hey, let's make this kids life... You're coming to Seattle, kid!! Woo-hoo...

Haha!
    cacksman
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:48 am
  • I doubt he would have become the player he is had he been on the Hawks. Our O line was absolutely horrendous in the Mora year. He ended up on a team that ran the ZBS to perfection at the time, with tons of talent on the O line. They were probably the best O line in the NFL at that point, perhaps only recently passed by San Fran. Who knows though? As stated above, maybe he would have played really well and saved Mora's job. Yikes!
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:49 am
  • Ruskell pick a big, strong, fast athlete with attitude? Bite your tongue!
    SoCalSeahawk
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:50 am
  • Yeah, this is old news. Just shows Ruskell's intolerance. Just more egg on my face as a supporter of his.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:54 am
  • Coulda, woulda, shoulda... meh.

Too many what-ifs to shift through to predict what might have happened.

I'm just thankful that the Hawks are where they are at right now... headed into the Playoffs and trending upward at the same time.
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:13 am
  • Foster wouldn't have succeeded here. Not with Locklear, Sims, Spencer, and Unger at RG.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:03 am
  • So they would rather have a guy excited about being drafted in the 7th round (ie positive surprise for that kid meaning he expected to be a undrafted FA) over a guy that is dissapointed (so he considers himself to be a better player than a 7th rounder)........

doesn't really make sense to me
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:40 pm
  • mikeak wrote:So they would rather have a guy excited about being drafted in the 7th round (ie positive surprise for that kid meaning he expected to be a undrafted FA) over a guy that is dissapointed (so he considers himself to be a better player than a 7th rounder)........

doesn't really make sense to me

Exactly. Who the hell wants to draft a guy who's delighted to be a round seven pick? That sees it as a bonus, an unexpected opportunity? Surely you want the guy who is thoroughly pissed off to be a 7th round pick?

This thread provoked me to go back and watch the Houston game in 2009. Even more respect for Paul Allen for making the change that needed to be made.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:45 pm
  • God I hate that Tim Ruskell.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:17 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information