Joe Buck & Troy Aikman

Hughes21

Reaction score
TO ALL:

For the first time we all will see Joe Buck and Troy Aikman as the announcers!

Thoughts????

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I would guess Troy despises the redskins so maybe he will actually give then hawks some props

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
No Troy isnt a skins hater, but he doesnt rant and rave about us either. We get Troy alot for Redskins games since that crew does NFC east games a ton. Troy is pretty good, Buck is aight.

I remember when CLinton portis was in DC, Troy LOVED him. CP could have 20 Carries for 10 yards and Aikman would rave about how CP was his favorite player in the NFL.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
They are a good broadcast team. Mostly I like Aikman as the color guy. I can take or leave Buck, but I don't hate him.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Can't stand Buck, he's an insufferable douche whose been riding his dad's coattails for years. Don't mind Aikman, he's always impartial.

dunceface

Reaction score
Aikman-good

Buck-fall off a building into traffic and die

bellingerga

Reaction score
seahawk2k":3f1avyxh said:
Can't stand Buck, he's an insufferable douche whose been riding his dad's coattails for years. Don't mind Aikman, he's always impartial.

Who did Buck knock up? Your Wife or daughter? :stirthepot:

dunceface

Reaction score
BelfastHawk":398cfum5 said:
I will miss Maggio on the sideline. I think she is wonderful.

For the superstitious folks: Russdogg3 has had his best games with her on the sidelines...

Twisted

Reaction score
Hughes21":1n5ecz73 said:
TO ALL:

For the first time we all will see Joe Buck and Troy Aikman as the announcers!

Thoughts????

lame, they should have one local announcer from each team, cut the bias crap right out, wonder who Troy is going to diss the most, divisional rival or conference rival? lol

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Just glad it's not Tim Ryan again. I don't imagine he gets much playoff action.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Atradees":capya6o9 said:
Who is Bucks dad?
Jack Buck, longtime voice of the St. Louis Cardinals (baseball) and also did NFL for I believe CBS in the 70s and maybe 80s. He also did World Series games and his call of Kirk Gibson's HR in the '88 Series is iconic. "....This is gonna be a home run. Unbelivable!!"

dsquid

Reaction score
Didn't Buck and Aikman do the 2005 NFC Championship game?

I recall liking that broadcast quite a bit.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I would love to have heard Buck call Marshawns Beast quake run.

Buck: [monotone voice] Lynch gets the hand off.....breaks a tackle.....stiff arms a defender.......................................................................................................................Touchdown Seattle.

A

Anonymous

Joe Buck has one of the best announcer/radio voices in broadcasting. Some of the most exciting and historic baseball games have been called by him, and to me, he's better at small-ball than he is football.

The thing about his play by play, is his ability to create a heightened intensity through the use of the pauses between sentences during key moments in the action. The way he simply stops talking between "moments", makes the visual camera shot do the talking. His timing and ability to make the action seem more intense is the reason he's a Emmy winner, and a directors' dream to work with. When Joe Buck calls a game, its a big game.

Regarding Aikman, he represents a purity and "good old boy-ism" in the booth. By exhibiting a sound and thorough knowledge of the game that can be trusted, he's believable and tactful. He's one of the few that have never been part of a custody battle or been arrested for DUI. His perspectives are carefully-contrived and his delivery smooth and on-cue.

Announcer wise, I'm good with these guys calling my football game.