The New Uniforms are a big part of our success

JonRud

Reaction score
I am not talking about blue/blue, white/blue, gray/gray or any combos. I am just saying that I think these newly re-designed uniforms are a big part of the Hawks success this year.

Before the season all the other NFL players were jealous of our new uniforms. There was a ton of controversy on this site - but with the totem feathers, tribute to the 12's, #12 inside the collar, neon green trim etc.... it's made this team perform at a level not seen before in Seahawks history.

There is something magical about these uniforms. They are still not my favorite aesthetically, but I can no longer deny that they are helping this team do things not seen before in Seahawks history.

Thank you Nike!!!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If you look good, you feel good, if you feel good you outscore your opponents 193-60.

Sturm

Reaction score
JonRud":1i51j1ue said:
I am not talking about blue/blue, white/blue, gray/gray or any combos. I am just saying that I think these newly re-designed uniforms are a big part of the Hawks success this year.

Before the season all the other NFL players were jealous of our new uniforms. There was a ton of controversy on this site - but with the totem feathers, tribute to the 12's, #12 inside the collar, neon green trim etc.... it's made this team perform at a level not seen before in Seahawks history.

There is something magical about these uniforms. They are still not my favorite aesthetically, but I can no longer deny that they are helping this team do things not seen before in Seahawks history.

Thank you Nike!!!

Jesus...some people will believe anything. :34853_doh:

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
its actually the magical spirit magic voodoo that nike engineered into the Indian totems on the jerseys... its all in the wings on the jerseys those funny shapes that pretend to be wings I mean

dunceface

Reaction score
Fact: The Tanzania has teamed up with the ancient Native spirits in our jerseys to create an unstoppable force known as the Seattle Seahawks.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
There is a pretty strong correlation, if I remember correctly, between teams who made drastic uniform changes and won the Super Bowl sometime shortly after. The Bucs come to mind immediately, and our own Super Bowl appearance was not terribly long after our last change. I've seen more on it, but I don't remember the others off the top of my head.

parson420

Reaction score
In Madden, I'm in my 4th year and the commentators are still talking about how these new uniforms gives the team confidence.

dunceface

Reaction score
parson420":1ybvxhaz said:
In Madden, I'm in my 4th year and the commentators are still talking about how these new uniforms gives the team confidence.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Sturm":15dzgf6h said:
JonRud":15dzgf6h said:

Thank you Nike!!!

And yet some people choose to believe nothing.

formido

Reaction score
Could be something to it. Research shows that winners wear red:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/zei ... 70918.html

Now, hardly any sports teams have neon colors in their uniforms and it'd be even rarer for only one team to have neon in their uniform. So, red hasn't been tested against that effect. Seattle's uniforms are unique and eye catching. It's possible it creates a psychological effect that gives a small edge. Obviously, it will sounds silly to a lot of folks, but I'm not really kidding.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1cziv54j said:
There is a pretty strong correlation, if I remember correctly, between teams who made drastic uniform changes and won the Super Bowl sometime shortly after. The Bucs come to mind immediately, and our own Super Bowl appearance was not terribly long after our last change. I've seen more on it, but I don't remember the others off the top of my head.

Denver also won the Super Bowl when they switched to their new unis back in the 90s.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, they're ugly as....well you know. But hey, if THEY believe it makes them play better, then so be it.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Sturm":2vpmt4p2 said:

Yep, people are so easily sold, must be why that FB petition is still sitting at 11 likes. :lol:

I think there is something to be said about getting new uniforms that push the envelope to go with a new team and a new attitude that tend to do the same. This has been a statement season, and it doesn't hurt to have new unis to go with a new identity.

BASF

Reaction score
Broncos won back to back Super Bowls immediately after their uniform change. The Bucs took four years to get the job done with their Super Bowl win, but were in the playoffs each of those years. As .net's conspiracy theorist, I have to say I believe the NFL marketing department is behind it. When merchandise sales start to slow down dramatically they change the looks and start allowing the team to get some breaks and string together some winning seasons. Nothing gets sales going like winning and not being able to wear your old gear and appear to be a current fan.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Greenhell":1p2nppjp said:
Seahawk Sailor":1p2nppjp said:

Denver also won the Super Bowl when they switched to their new unis back in the 90s.

Denver - I knew there was at least one other team that did it.

Latest posts