PFF names Wilson OROY and Wagner DROY 1st runner up

hawksfan515

Reaction score
For the defense:

It didn’t take the Seahawks long to realize that Bobby Wagner was ready to make an impact in the NFL. Initially playing base downs, Wagner would be an every-down player by Week 5, and it’s not hard to see why. When all was said and done, no 4-3 middle linebacker had a higher grade and it led to Wagner receiving second team All-Pro honors from our good selves.

Only Lavonte David had a higher Run Stop Percentage than the 14.4 Wagner managed, while the Seahawk was also among the better tacklers in the league. He missed just one in every 20.1 attempted tackles, good enough for the sixth-highest Tackling Efficiency of any inside linebacker. The metrics merely give substance to the play of Wagner, the latest in a long line of Seahawks draft successes.

For the offense:

Back in the offseason I told Neil Hornsby to temper his expectations around Russell Wilson. Sure, he was a preseason star and had quite the buzz about him, but how many times have we read that script only for it to end with a guy looking out of his depth?

Well, I needn’t have said anything because Wilson didn’t just deliver as expected, he surpassed those expectations in a way you didn’t think possible. Surrounded by plenty of talent, Wilson started slowly and just got better and better. Hurting teams all over the field with his arm and his legs, he ended the year with our sixth-highest overall grade of all quarterbacks.

His numbers are excellent, but they really don’t do him justice. This is a guy whose performance should serve to eradicate some outdated scouting philosophies.

Let's see if the experts agree on Saturday.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Redskins get my vote for offensive racists of the year