Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:05 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:52 am
Posts: 605
Location: Bellevue, WA
RiggoReincarnated wrote:
Who from either team has the balls to do it, then back it up on the field?


I guarantee someone will win :th2thumbs:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:06 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:33 am
Posts: 388
Sarlacc83 wrote:
Seattle had its reality check next week. I don't expect the same issues this week on offense.

I expect the Redskins to roll up a lot of yards on Sunday. I don't expect them to put it in the end zone very often, though.


Bingo.

Both teams have good offensive red zone TD %'s, but Washington's D % is terrible.

We score 7, they score 3. Rinse, repeat, roll to a 42-23 win.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:10 am 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:11 pm
Posts: 79
Redskins fan here. Not trying to be a douche or anything so apologies now if my comments come off some unintended way.

One thing a lot of people are overlooking is that aside from Bobby Wagner, this is the same exact starting defense that got torched for 300+ yards by Sexy Rexy and 100+ yards by Roy Helu last season, in Seattle. Both of those guys are now 3rd stringers. Brandon Browner got abused that game by Anthony Armstrong (who was cut during training camp).

The point to that isn't to knock any players, or to bring up what happened a year ago; but to illustrate that personnel match-ups are only half the battle. Excellent coaching and gameplanning is the other. Kyle Shanahan will have a few tricks up his sleeve.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:13 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:52 am
Posts: 605
Location: Bellevue, WA
drastik wrote:
Redskins fan here. Not trying to be a douche or anything so apologies now if my comments come off some unintended way.

One thing a lot of people are overlooking is that aside from Bobby Wagner, this is the same exact starting defense that got torched for 300+ yards by Sexy Rexy and 100+ yards by Roy Helu last season, in Seattle. Both of those guys are now 3rd stringers. Brandon Browner got abused that game by Anthony Armstrong (who was cut during training camp).

The point to that isn't to knock any players, or to bring up what happened a year ago; but to illustrate that personnel match-ups are only half the battle. Excellent coaching and gameplanning is the other. Kyle Shanahan will have a few tricks up his sleeve.


What I gather from this post is you guys really should start Sexy and Helu this game. Sit those other guys down. :sarcasm_off:

In all fairness, it will be a great game. I'm looking forward to that. Let things happen.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:23 am 
* NET Sage *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 4306
drastik wrote:
Redskins fan here. Not trying to be a douche or anything so apologies now if my comments come off some unintended way.

One thing a lot of people are overlooking is that aside from Bobby Wagner, this is the same exact starting defense that got torched for 300+ yards by Sexy Rexy and 100+ yards by Roy Helu last season, in Seattle. Both of those guys are now 3rd stringers. Brandon Browner got abused that game by Anthony Armstrong (who was cut during training camp).

The point to that isn't to knock any players, or to bring up what happened a year ago; but to illustrate that personnel match-ups are only half the battle. Excellent coaching and gameplanning is the other. Kyle Shanahan will have a few tricks up his sleeve.


Grossman had a bulk of those yards in the 4th as did Helu..

The defense would constantly break down at the end of games last year because of a putrid offense - in large part because of QB play. Our offense is night and day from last seasons.

Again.. the 2011 team is nothing compared to this years. Just like the Redskins team is different. Throw that game away because it really means nothing.

_________________
February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:27 am 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14120
Location: Portland, OR
drastik wrote:
Redskins fan here. Not trying to be a douche or anything so apologies now if my comments come off some unintended way.

One thing a lot of people are overlooking is that aside from Bobby Wagner, this is the same exact starting defense that got torched for 300+ yards by Sexy Rexy and 100+ yards by Roy Helu last season, in Seattle. Both of those guys are now 3rd stringers. Brandon Browner got abused that game by Anthony Armstrong (who was cut during training camp).

The point to that isn't to knock any players, or to bring up what happened a year ago; but to illustrate that personnel match-ups are only half the battle. Excellent coaching and gameplanning is the other. Kyle Shanahan will have a few tricks up his sleeve.


'Skins fans are really reaching. This defense dropped 4 points per game off its ppg allowed. They also moved up 5 spots to #4 in yards allowed. 1 more year makes a huge difference, and, as Hasselbeck mentioned, they now have an offense which can win games (letting them play more aggressively.)

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:28 am 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:16 am
Posts: 370
Location: Buckeystown, MD
Hasselbeck wrote:
drastik wrote:
Redskins fan here. Not trying to be a douche or anything so apologies now if my comments come off some unintended way.

One thing a lot of people are overlooking is that aside from Bobby Wagner, this is the same exact starting defense that got torched for 300+ yards by Sexy Rexy and 100+ yards by Roy Helu last season, in Seattle. Both of those guys are now 3rd stringers. Brandon Browner got abused that game by Anthony Armstrong (who was cut during training camp).

The point to that isn't to knock any players, or to bring up what happened a year ago; but to illustrate that personnel match-ups are only half the battle. Excellent coaching and gameplanning is the other. Kyle Shanahan will have a few tricks up his sleeve.


Grossman had a bulk of those yards in the 4th as did Helu..

The defense would constantly break down at the end of games last year because of a putrid offense - in large part because of QB play. Our offense is night and day from last seasons.

Again.. the 2011 team is nothing compared to this years. Just like the Redskins team is different. Throw that game away because it really means nothing.



If I recall correctly, we had a 10 minute drive to open the game to get our first TD. After that we stalled though (at least point wise) until the 4th quarter.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:34 am 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:13 am
Posts: 122
This is not last year!



"The thing that bothers me the most about idiot Skins fans is that they are stuck in the past." Skinsfan46


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:42 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:26 am
Posts: 1066
Location: Indianapolis
Of all the concerns I can think up about this game, last year's game rates alongside "Winston Guy might get food poisoning from dinner the night before the game" in terms of importance.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:42 am 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:11 pm
Posts: 79
The point flew over a couple folks heads... my bad.

The point is not about who won the game, or what happened last year. The point is don't look too hard in personnel matchups, coaches get paid also.

On paper, a secondary and LB core as that of the Seahawks should be able to dominate players on the level of Rex Grossman, Anthony Armstrong, Jabar Gaffney etc.... but good coaching can make up for deficiencies.

The Redskins have been decimated by injuries this season, they have no business being in the playoffs. Yet, outstanding coaching on both offense and defense has them on a 7 game winning streak and in the playoffs for the first time in 4 seasons. Again, the only point to my comments is that personnel match-ups are only half the battle.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:46 am 
* NET X's & O's Guru *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
Posts: 8615
Location: PNW
How is anyone here supposed to "back it up on the field?"

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:50 am 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:13 am
Posts: 122
Here is the main reason I think we are going to win this Sunday!

THIS year, the Washington Redskins have failed to beat a team other then Philly that has had a Top 15 rated Defense. And Philly was #15...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:52 am 
* NET Sage *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 4306
RiggoReincarnated wrote:
Hasselbeck wrote:
drastik wrote:
Redskins fan here. Not trying to be a douche or anything so apologies now if my comments come off some unintended way.

One thing a lot of people are overlooking is that aside from Bobby Wagner, this is the same exact starting defense that got torched for 300+ yards by Sexy Rexy and 100+ yards by Roy Helu last season, in Seattle. Both of those guys are now 3rd stringers. Brandon Browner got abused that game by Anthony Armstrong (who was cut during training camp).

The point to that isn't to knock any players, or to bring up what happened a year ago; but to illustrate that personnel match-ups are only half the battle. Excellent coaching and gameplanning is the other. Kyle Shanahan will have a few tricks up his sleeve.


Grossman had a bulk of those yards in the 4th as did Helu..

The defense would constantly break down at the end of games last year because of a putrid offense - in large part because of QB play. Our offense is night and day from last seasons.

Again.. the 2011 team is nothing compared to this years. Just like the Redskins team is different. Throw that game away because it really means nothing.



If I recall correctly, we had a 10 minute drive to open the game to get our first TD. After that we stalled though (at least point wise) until the 4th quarter.


It was 17-6 going into the 4th..

Unless I missed the memo that Grossman and Tarvaris Jackson are starting Sunday, this is really a meaningless stat. The Redskins and Seahawks also were 3-0 against the Giants last year. What does that mean? About as much as a 4-6 team losing to a 3-7 team in November of 2011.

_________________
February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:53 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
RiggoReincarnated wrote:
hawker84 wrote:
doesn't matter what Shanahan does, he cannot prepare his team enough, the only thing you guys compare to us in, and have a slight edge in my opinion, is the passing game, RG3 is legit and you have some dangerous weapons at reciever, you have a good back as well, but the difference there is , we have the D to slow him down, i don't see anyone on your team that can contain Lynch.. if what's his face from dallas can gash you guys, what do you think lynch and turbin is gonna do let alone RW... you think Fletcher is going to walk down RW like he did Romo all night.. here's why we win..


QB's = push
RB = slight edge to lynch , but not much
recievers = i think skins have the better playmakers , but seattle squad is no slouch either
O line = edge to Skins in pass blocking, push in run blocking
D line = edge to Hawks
line backers = big edge to hawks
secondary = no need to go there

our offense can match yours score for score if needed.. problem you have is , your D is mediocre, our's wins games or keeps us in the game and give us a chance to win, every game. if we get in a shoot out, we have a chance, if it comes down to a defensive low scoring battle, skins lose



Murray put up 70 odd yards on us...would hardly call that a gashing. Plus they have more weapons in the passing game than the Seahawks do so our attention was likely focused there.

murry was a non factor in our game.. and you're telling me Romo and Dallas have a better passing attack than us. Mr. float one out to a slow ass linebacker ? please Romo and passing = fail

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:58 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
Riggo, i appreciate you coming on here talking some football, but to bring in comparisons to Dallas, and how you beat us last year , just holds no water.. there is no comparisons in those examples... We are nowhere near the same team as last year, nor is Washington.. And Dallas is nowhere near a strong a team as the seahawks in any phase of the game,... They have bryant and Whitten, that is it....

i have the upmost respspect for Bob Griffin and your running back, great young players to build around for sure.. but as i stated before, your defense is not in the same class as the seahawks, top to bottom, D line looked good last game, but again it was Romo back there not RW... our defense will need to show up sunday for us to have a chance , i'll give you that, but if they do, redskins don't have a shot.. JMHO... i expect a good hard fought game none the less.

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:01 am 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:11 pm
Posts: 79
Hawksfan78 wrote:
Here is the main reason I think we are going to win this Sunday!

THIS year, the Washington Redskins have failed to beat a team other then Philly that has had a Top 15 rated Defense. And Philly was #15...

You are correct, the Redskins have played 6 games against defenses that finished top 15 in defense. Philly x2, Carolina, Cinci, Pitt, St. Louis.

The only team that the Redskins beat was Philly twice, all the other games resulted in losses.

It can be assumed that the Redskins struggle against top defenses.

Here are the points scored the Redskins scored in each of those games:

Rams - 28
Bengals - 31
Steelers - 12
Panthers - 13
Eagles - 31
Eagles - 27

The only teams that kept the Redskins in check on offense all year were the Panthers and Steelers. In every other game, the Redskins still scored points. There were no garbage time points either, the Redskins were beating both the Rams and Bengals in the 4th quarter before those teams came back and won.

The Redskins also played Minnesota and Baltimore (ranked #16 and #17) and scored 38 and 31 points respectively.

Robert Griffin has had 3 "rookie-quality" games in his career: Pittsburgh, Carolina, and Dallas. Luckily, Alf carried the team against Dallas in week 17. The Redskins havn't lost since they played Carolina and Pitt back2back before the bye week.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:02 am 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
Posts: 4588
Location: Seattle, WA
drastik wrote:
The point flew over a couple folks heads... my bad.

The point is not about who won the game, or what happened last year. The point is don't look too hard in personnel matchups, coaches get paid also.

On paper, a secondary and LB core as that of the Seahawks should be able to dominate players on the level of Rex Grossman, Anthony Armstrong, Jabar Gaffney etc.... but good coaching can make up for deficiencies.

The Redskins have been decimated by injuries this season, they have no business being in the playoffs. Yet, outstanding coaching on both offense and defense has them on a 7 game winning streak and in the playoffs for the first time in 4 seasons. Again, the only point to my comments is that personnel match-ups are only half the battle.


So your point gets called out for being weak, so now you're changing it from the Seahawks defensive personnel being mostly similar to last year to some nonsense about coaches? Give me a break.

Apparently a key point is flying over your head as well, bro. You talk about how the Hawks' defense is the exact same except for Bobby Wagner. Do you have any idea just how young this Seahawks team is? The defense specifically? You trying to say that players reach their full potential in year 1 or 2? The Hawks have the 2nd youngest defense in the league. I think it's safe to say a unit improves as it grows together and players reach their full potential.

_________________
http://twitter.com/EJZ206


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:06 am 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:11 pm
Posts: 79
@SeaTown81

I stated in my initial comments what my point was. I just made it clearer in my 2nd post.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:13 am 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14120
Location: Portland, OR
drastik wrote:
@SeaTown81

I stated in my initial comments what my point was. I just made it clearer in my 2nd post.


It remained wrong both ways.

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:23 am 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:11 pm
Posts: 79
Sarlacc83 wrote:
drastik wrote:
@SeaTown81

I stated in my initial comments what my point was. I just made it clearer in my 2nd post.


It remained wrong both ways.

So, you're saying that I'm wrong with my point that coaching/gameplanning plays an important role in the outcome of a game?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:23 am 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
Posts: 4588
Location: Seattle, WA
drastik wrote:
@SeaTown81

I stated in my initial comments what my point was. I just made it clearer in my 2nd post.


Ok, I see that now. Glossed over it initially (due to how wrong and stupid the comments about the Hawks defense were). Point taken. I take back my comments about changing your stance. Mea culpa.

Still horribly wrong though. ;)

_________________
http://twitter.com/EJZ206


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:27 am 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:13 am
Posts: 122
I see your point drastik but... The weeks you scored so many points on the Rams and Cinci, they were still trying to figure out RGIII and how he plays because it was the begining of the season. and at the end of the season when the Skins won all the games it was against IMHO mediocore compition. With the exception of Baltimore.

The last 7 games and thier end of the year standings
Philly 4 - 12
Dallas – 8 - 8
NY Giants – 9-7
Baltimore – 10 - 6
Browns - 5 – 11
Philly – 4 - 12
Dallas – 8 – 8


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:27 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:38 pm
Posts: 321
I love how fans of opposing teams try to persuade opposing fans to their points of view. It's amusing to me.
As far as this game goes, I don't really fear anything about the Redskins. Their offense has some great pieces, but in general, great defenses neutralize great offenses, and while the skins have a GOOD offense, I wouldn't call it great.
On the other side of the ball, Seattle has a good offense, certainly not great, but the skins have a very suspect defense.
As other posters have said, I think this game will come down to Seattle's defense. If they show up and play well, the game is almost certainly ours.
I will say, though, that the combo of Griffin and Morris, 2 of the top 5 offensive rookies to come into the league this year, is an interesting puzzle to solve. Luckily, we have 4 good games to look at where opponents held them to under 20 points. I think Seattle's defensive unit/staff is up to the task.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:29 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:15 am
Posts: 2293
Couple of things to note. They outscored us by 18 points (430-412) over the course of the season. But they also allowed 140 more points (385 vs 245) than the Seahawks this season. They did so after facing an equal number of what CHFF would rate as "quality opponents" They went 3-3, we went 5-1 against quality opponents.

_________________
#NEXTMANUP


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:35 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am
Posts: 2447
RiggoReincarnated wrote:
Who from either team has the balls to do it, then back it up on the field?


Players guaranteeing wins is about the dumbest thing in sports. It's a lose lose move...........all you're doing is giving the other team bulletin board material, at the same time putting more pressure on yourself and your team.

Guarantee win = look at me!

_________________
If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:36 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:25 am
Posts: 145
peachesenregalia wrote:
Dunno about anyone from the team, but I'm guaranteeing a Seahawks victory on sunday. Redskins have no shot. None. they're going to underestimate this team because of the perceived road weakness and because the entire media seems to think the redskins will win. Redskins havent played a defense even close to this level all season. Russell Wilson doesn't do losing anymore.

You. Have. No. Shot.


LOL. A team that lost to the Panthers. This team cant overlook ANYBODY.

If the Redskins didnt underestimate the Cleveland Browns, they are not going to underestimate the Seattle Seahawks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:38 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
rdskns4eva wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
Dunno about anyone from the team, but I'm guaranteeing a Seahawks victory on sunday. Redskins have no shot. None. they're going to underestimate this team because of the perceived road weakness and because the entire media seems to think the redskins will win. Redskins havent played a defense even close to this level all season. Russell Wilson doesn't do losing anymore.

You. Have. No. Shot.


LOL. A team that lost to the Panthers. This team cant overlook ANYBODY.

If the Redskins didnt underestimate the Cleveland Browns, they are not going to underestimate the Seattle Seahawks.


It's irrelevant. they can over-estimate us if they want. They still have no shot.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:43 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:01 pm
Posts: 330
We will get our points in my opinion, , as stated previously by others though it really is all about our defence v their offence.

Figure out the Morris/RG3 conundrum, or seriously limit them and we win. Let them have their way and we lose.

My biggest concern is the nippy recievers and TE's over the middle if we bite on the PA plays. Hawks have had trouble with these types of recievers in previous games. All in all though I do feel if we both execute and all 3 facets of both teams play to their full potential, well hawks easily win in 2 of the 3 phases, and the other phase (the offence) its a push and we win.

However I always come back to "any given sunday" and this certianley applies this weekend. The game could go either way


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:52 am 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:16 am
Posts: 370
Location: Buckeystown, MD
rdskns4eva wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
Dunno about anyone from the team, but I'm guaranteeing a Seahawks victory on sunday. Redskins have no shot. None. they're going to underestimate this team because of the perceived road weakness and because the entire media seems to think the redskins will win. Redskins havent played a defense even close to this level all season. Russell Wilson doesn't do losing anymore.

You. Have. No. Shot.


LOL. A team that lost to the Panthers. This team cant overlook ANYBODY.

If the Redskins didnt underestimate the Cleveland Browns, they are not going to underestimate the Seattle Seahawks.


Nor can a team that lost to Arizona, Detroit and Miami. That was then, this is now.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:20 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
it't the playoffs.. what professional team on the planet over estimates any playoff apponent? pretty sure that would be none.

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:51 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:11 am
Posts: 890
Location: Camano Island, WA
Once RG-III is introduced to Mr Chancellor, we'll be seeing Cousins for the rest of the game.

_________________
<--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--> GO SEAHAWKS <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:35 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:56 pm
Posts: 1744
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
CamanoIslandJQ wrote:
Once RG-III is introduced to Mr Chancellor, we'll be seeing Cousins for the rest of the game.


Unfortunately, that wouldn't give me any additional comfort. Cousins is better than about 1/2 the QBs we have faced this year, and we won't be specifically game planning for him. I would rather RG3 keep playing through the pain.

IMHO we win this game by scoring points early and often. Our D will limit them, but they will still score points. We need to build a lead and put pressure on them to play catch-up ball. I really don't want this to come down to the wire because they have the ability to pull out a few great plays. And, I don't like it coming down to the wire on their home field (see McCoy's slip in the first Rams game).....

_________________
"I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:48 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm
Posts: 1609
If the Redskins had any big mismatches in their favor on offense favor I'd be worried.

They don't.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:51 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:50 pm
Posts: 499
Go ahead and guarantee the win, once we lose you'll feel like shit and start making threads like fire Pete, fire RW.


Didn't we all guarantee the win in week 1 against the Cardinals because all their QB played like shit in pre-season?


There's no guarantee wins in the NFL. Injuries and Upsets happen all the time.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:57 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
Posts: 5208
Location: Battle Ground, Washington
peachesenregalia wrote:
rdskns4eva wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
Dunno about anyone from the team, but I'm guaranteeing a Seahawks victory on sunday. Redskins have no shot. None. they're going to underestimate this team because of the perceived road weakness and because the entire media seems to think the redskins will win. Redskins havent played a defense even close to this level all season. Russell Wilson doesn't do losing anymore.

You. Have. No. Shot.


LOL. A team that lost to the Panthers. This team cant overlook ANYBODY.

If the Redskins didnt underestimate the Cleveland Browns, they are not going to underestimate the Seattle Seahawks.


It's irrelevant. they can over-estimate us if they want. They still have no shot.


You sound like a Saint fan before the 2010 playoff game.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:26 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:27 pm
Posts: 37
peachesenregalia wrote:
Dunno about anyone from the team, but I'm guaranteeing a Seahawks victory on sunday. Redskins have no shot. None. they're going to underestimate this team because of the perceived road weakness and because the entire media seems to think the redskins will win. Redskins havent played a defense even close to this level all season. Russell Wilson doesn't do losing anymore.

You. Have. No. Shot.



How can you say no shot? That's like saying we are superior and you are lame...Yes the Seahawks are good, but to me no shot is missing the bus to the stadium. The Chiefs could beat the Broncos on any given Sunday. In fact the score was 17-9 on 11/25.

don't give me this crap....


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:25 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
burggold75 wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
Dunno about anyone from the team, but I'm guaranteeing a Seahawks victory on sunday. Redskins have no shot. None. they're going to underestimate this team because of the perceived road weakness and because the entire media seems to think the redskins will win. Redskins havent played a defense even close to this level all season. Russell Wilson doesn't do losing anymore.

You. Have. No. Shot.



How can you say no shot? That's like saying we are superior and you are lame...Yes the Seahawks are good, but to me no shot is missing the bus to the stadium. The Chiefs could beat the Broncos on any given Sunday. In fact the score was 17-9 on 11/25.

don't give me this crap....


Don't read it if you don't like it. The Seahawks are very healthy, very hot and better all over the field than that wee club of yours up there. The skins might as well miss the bus, it won't affect the outcome of the game one iota. Zero chance the skins win this one. No chance at all. You had a nice run after a crappy start to the season, but it's about to come to an end on Sunday night. Don't cry, though. Still a lot to like about the future of your wee team up there, and winning 7 in a row - albeit against shite competition - is nothing to be sniffed at.

Still, no shot on Sunday.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:40 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:27 pm
Posts: 37
peachesenregalia wrote:
burggold75 wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
Dunno about anyone from the team, but I'm guaranteeing a Seahawks victory on sunday. Redskins have no shot. None. they're going to underestimate this team because of the perceived road weakness and because the entire media seems to think the redskins will win. Redskins havent played a defense even close to this level all season. Russell Wilson doesn't do losing anymore.

You. Have. No. Shot.



How can you say no shot? That's like saying we are superior and you are lame...Yes the Seahawks are good, but to me no shot is missing the bus to the stadium. The Chiefs could beat the Broncos on any given Sunday. In fact the score was 17-9 on 11/25.

don't give me this crap....


Don't read it if you don't like it. The Seahawks are very healthy, very hot and better all over the field than that wee club of yours up there. The skins might as well miss the bus, it won't affect the outcome of the game one iota. Zero chance the skins win this one. No chance at all. You had a nice run after a crappy start to the season, but it's about to come to an end on Sunday night. Don't cry, though. Still a lot to like about the future of your wee team up there, and winning 7 in a row - albeit against shite competition - is nothing to be sniffed at.

Still, no shot on Sunday.


ok..we'll see...i never said we would win, but i'm not going to admit the skins have no chance. don't expect to come out here and beat us 58-0 and try to run up the score or whatever it is you do...scoring TDs up 51 points with 2 min left in the game


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:44 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
LOL, wow. The 'running up the score' thing. Guess what? the team playing Defense can stop it if they don't like it. Whining about running up the score if for pussies and losers.

I already said in the prediction thread that I don't know what the score will be, all I know is that the Seahawks will win, and the Redskins don't have a chance of winning. Not a one. No shot.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:04 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6365
burggold75 wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
burggold75 wrote:
[quote="peachesenregalia"]Dunno about anyone from the team, but I'm guaranteeing a Seahawks victory on sunday. Redskins have no shot. None. they're going to underestimate this team because of the perceived road weakness and because the entire media seems to think the redskins will win. Redskins havent played a defense even close to this level all season. Russell Wilson doesn't do losing anymore.

You. Have. No. Shot.



How can you say no shot? That's like saying we are superior and you are lame...Yes the Seahawks are good, but to me no shot is missing the bus to the stadium. The Chiefs could beat the Broncos on any given Sunday. In fact the score was 17-9 on 11/25.

don't give me this crap....


Don't read it if you don't like it. The Seahawks are very healthy, very hot and better all over the field than that wee club of yours up there. The skins might as well miss the bus, it won't affect the outcome of the game one iota. Zero chance the skins win this one. No chance at all. You had a nice run after a crappy start to the season, but it's about to come to an end on Sunday night. Don't cry, though. Still a lot to like about the future of your wee team up there, and winning 7 in a row - albeit against shite competition - is nothing to be sniffed at.

Still, no shot on Sunday.


ok..we'll see...i never said we would win, but i'm not going to admit the skins have no chance. don't expect to come out here and beat us 58-0 and try to run up the score or whatever it is you do...scoring TDs up 51 points with 2 min left in the game[/quote]

You sound like an ESPN muppet.

If your D can't stop 2nd, 3rd string players, you have no room to bitch.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:07 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 8899
Location: With a white girl
burggold75 wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
burggold75 wrote:
[quote="peachesenregalia"]Dunno about anyone from the team, but I'm guaranteeing a Seahawks victory on sunday. Redskins have no shot. None. they're going to underestimate this team because of the perceived road weakness and because the entire media seems to think the redskins will win. Redskins havent played a defense even close to this level all season. Russell Wilson doesn't do losing anymore.

You. Have. No. Shot.



How can you say no shot? That's like saying we are superior and you are lame...Yes the Seahawks are good, but to me no shot is missing the bus to the stadium. The Chiefs could beat the Broncos on any given Sunday. In fact the score was 17-9 on 11/25.

don't give me this crap....


Don't read it if you don't like it. The Seahawks are very healthy, very hot and better all over the field than that wee club of yours up there. The skins might as well miss the bus, it won't affect the outcome of the game one iota. Zero chance the skins win this one. No chance at all. You had a nice run after a crappy start to the season, but it's about to come to an end on Sunday night. Don't cry, though. Still a lot to like about the future of your wee team up there, and winning 7 in a row - albeit against shite competition - is nothing to be sniffed at.

Still, no shot on Sunday.


ok..we'll see...i never said we would win, but i'm not going to admit the skins have no chance. don't expect to come out here and beat us 58-0 and try to run up the score or whatever it is you do...scoring TDs up 51 points with 2 min left in the game[/quote]

If we're up 51 points with two minutes left and we score another td, take it as a sign of respect about what your team is capable of. We don't want any last minute heroics.

_________________
Legal Notice: Only a very small percentage of the things I do and say can be taken seriously. If ever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:20 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8822
Location: Granite Falls, WA
RiggoReincarnated wrote:
Who from either team has the balls to do it, then back it up on the field?


We don't play so how could any of us back anything up?

This is retarded. All this is is chest thumping play ground bully crap.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:05 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:11 pm
Posts: 1
peachesenregalia wrote:
they're going to underestimate this team because of the perceived road weakness and because the entire media seems to think the redskins will win. .


Yes, I am a Redskins fan.

No, I am not here to talk smack.

However, I do want to correct two false things about the above quote.

1) If anyone thinks Shanahan is dumb enough to let his team underestimate the Seahawks because of some "road weakness", well, that is just plumb silly.

2) The entire media seems to think the Redskins will win? Really?

Joe Namath says Seahawks: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... --nfl.html

35/46 Experts pick the Seahawks: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc- ... -seahawks/

The Seahawks are favored, on the ROAD. The only road playoff team that is favored this weekend.

So where are we getting the silly notion that the "entire media" thinks the Redskins will win? Do tell as I am genuinely curious.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:09 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:16 am
Posts: 370
Location: Buckeystown, MD
Tech Worlds wrote:
RiggoReincarnated wrote:
Who from either team has the balls to do it, then back it up on the field?


We don't play so how could any of us back anything up?

This is retarded. All this is is chest thumping play ground bully crap.


I was referring to players on either team...Joe Namath style. At this point I don't think its going to happen, at least publicly.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:21 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:29 pm
Posts: 1554
Lets see... are the skins a more rounded harder hitting team than the niners? more talented than the ninnrs?

how bout the rams, can the skins beat the rams?

I say no on both accounts, the hawks just skinned both those teams..

hopefully the hawks are focused and determined to flip FedEx stadium on its head, if so its going to be a hard hitting game for sure, its all or nothing at this point, all or nothing... ;)

_________________
GO HAWKS!!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:24 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:16 am
Posts: 370
Location: Buckeystown, MD
Twisted wrote:
Lets see... are the skins a more rounded harder hitting team than the niners? more talented than the ninnrs?

how bout the rams, can the skins beat the rams?

I say no on both accounts, the hawks just skinned both those teams..

hopefully the hawks are focused and determined to flip FedEx stadium on its head, if so its going to be a hard hitting game for sure, its all or nothing at this point, all or nothing... ;)


On offense we are better than both of them. And you also lost to the Rams at their place. :) We would have beaten them on the road if not for an asinine penalty that took us out of FG range.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:34 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 9:28 am
Posts: 739
RiggoReincarnated wrote:
Twisted wrote:
Lets see... are the skins a more rounded harder hitting team than the niners? more talented than the ninnrs?

how bout the rams, can the skins beat the rams?

I say no on both accounts, the hawks just skinned both those teams..

hopefully the hawks are focused and determined to flip FedEx stadium on its head, if so its going to be a hard hitting game for sure, its all or nothing at this point, all or nothing... ;)


On offense we are better than both of them. And you also lost to the Rams at their place. :) We would have beaten them on the road if not for an asinine penalty that took us out of FG range.

Quit making excuses. The Rams put 31 points on the Skins. Good teams overcome bad calls.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:37 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 8899
Location: With a white girl
I want to pee the spray tan off of Mike Shannahan. Don't ask me how that's relevant to this discussion.

_________________
Legal Notice: Only a very small percentage of the things I do and say can be taken seriously. If ever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:40 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:16 am
Posts: 370
Location: Buckeystown, MD
Decimation wrote:
RiggoReincarnated wrote:
Twisted wrote:
Lets see... are the skins a more rounded harder hitting team than the niners? more talented than the ninnrs?

how bout the rams, can the skins beat the rams?

I say no on both accounts, the hawks just skinned both those teams..

hopefully the hawks are focused and determined to flip FedEx stadium on its head, if so its going to be a hard hitting game for sure, its all or nothing at this point, all or nothing... ;)


On offense we are better than both of them. And you also lost to the Rams at their place. :) We would have beaten them on the road if not for an asinine penalty that took us out of FG range.

Quit making excuses. The Rams put 31 points on the Skins. Good teams overcome bad calls.


Not making any excuses. Our defense has played much better over the last 8 games, and so has your offense.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guaranteeing The Win.
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:44 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22665
Location: Kirkland, WA
The only thing I guarantee is that the Redskins will not blow the Seahawks out. Nobody calls me chicken, Miles. Nobody. Err, I mean, Nobody blows the Seahawks out.

If you guys beat us, it won't be by more than 7. Guaranteed.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.