Guaranteeing The Win.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Redskins fans. Interesting and insecure fan base. Can't talk on thier sites, but they can come over and set things up to talk crap afterwards.

youngchew

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":zhmul9h1 said:
they're going to underestimate this team because of the perceived road weakness

you really believe Mike Shanahan would let his players enter the game with that mindset? :?:

hawker84

Reaction score
doesn't matter what Shanahan does, he cannot prepare his team enough, the only thing you guys compare to us in, and have a slight edge in my opinion, is the passing game, RG3 is legit and you have some dangerous weapons at reciever, you have a good back as well, but the difference there is , we have the D to slow him down, i don't see anyone on your team that can contain Lynch.. if what's his face from dallas can gash you guys, what do you think lynch and turbin is gonna do let alone RW... you think Fletcher is going to walk down RW like he did Romo all night.. here's why we win..

QB's = push
RB = slight edge to lynch , but not much
recievers = i think skins have the better playmakers , but seattle squad is no slouch either
O line = edge to Skins in pass blocking, push in run blocking
D line = edge to Hawks
line backers = big edge to hawks
secondary = no need to go there

our offense can match yours score for score if needed.. problem you have is , your D is mediocre, our's wins games or keeps us in the game and give us a chance to win, every game. if we get in a shoot out, we have a chance, if it comes down to a defensive low scoring battle, skins lose

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Seattle had its reality check next week. I don't expect the same issues this week on offense.

I expect the Redskins to roll up a lot of yards on Sunday. I don't expect them to put it in the end zone very often, though.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SNDavidson":qnfco5hh said:
Redskins fans. Interesting and insecure fan base. Can't talk on thier sites, but they can come over and set things up to talk crap afterwards.

Cause.. you know.. a few a-hole fans made fun of Sean Taylor 6 years ago

Axx

Reaction score
i definitely don't feel like the season will end after Sunday.
I know any given Sunday, but i can not picture this team losing.

ATX_Hawk

Reaction score
I know someone said this earlier but I feel that Pete really planned well against Kap and Cam. I know RG3 is healthier but I feel like the D is going to do a great job containing the read option.

Snake Plisskin

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1axqvdh5 said:
SNDavidson":1axqvdh5 said:

Cause.. you know.. a few a-hole fans made fun of Sean Taylor 6 years ago

Only way a Seahawk fan can be welcomed there is if they pay homage to "Saint Sean".

OP
OP
R

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
ATX_Hawk":2geiqtuf said:
I know someone said this earlier but I feel that Pete really planned well against Kap and Cam. I know RG3 is healthier but I feel like the D is going to do a great job containing the read option.

Our offense is about much more than the read option...if you focus on just that we will find a way to burn you other ways.

OP
OP
R

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
hawker84":1v0njtqa said:
doesn't matter what Shanahan does, he cannot prepare his team enough, the only thing you guys compare to us in, and have a slight edge in my opinion, is the passing game, RG3 is legit and you have some dangerous weapons at reciever, you have a good back as well, but the difference there is , we have the D to slow him down, i don't see anyone on your team that can contain Lynch.. if what's his face from dallas can gash you guys, what do you think lynch and turbin is gonna do let alone RW... you think Fletcher is going to walk down RW like he did Romo all night.. here's why we win..

QB's = push
RB = slight edge to lynch , but not much
recievers = i think skins have the better playmakers , but seattle squad is no slouch either
O line = edge to Skins in pass blocking, push in run blocking
D line = edge to Hawks
line backers = big edge to hawks
secondary = no need to go there

our offense can match yours score for score if needed.. problem you have is , your D is mediocre, our's wins games or keeps us in the game and give us a chance to win, every game. if we get in a shoot out, we have a chance, if it comes down to a defensive low scoring battle, skins lose

Murray put up 70 odd yards on us...would hardly call that a gashing. Plus they have more weapons in the passing game than the Seahawks do so our attention was likely focused there.

OP
OP
R

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":34942yyv said:
youngchew":34942yyv said:
peachesenregalia":34942yyv said:
they're going to underestimate this team because of the perceived road weakness

you really believe Mike Shanahan would let his players enter the game with that mindset? :?:

Doesn't matter what old rat-face wants. Players will let the media get to their heads. It happens all the time. Hell, it happened to the Seahawks against the Rams this past weekend. An entire week of hearing about how great you are and how hot you are and how everything favors you will lead to at least some complacency among certain players. you've got no shot. the Seahawks are better than the Redskins all over the field. You have no shot.

Being underdogs AT HOME to a team they beat last season, and a team that talked trash then got spanked IN ITS OWN HOUSE...yet are still favorites, is going to fire our players up beyond belief.

I think a few blowout wins (the SF one was impressive undoubtedly but they seemed flat after beating NE), have gotten to this fanbases head.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
In the end it's going to boil down to what Seahawks defense shows up on Sunday. No question.

We will move the ball on offense, we will score points.. the question is.. will we be able to contain the Skins offense? Will we bottle up Alfred Morris? Will we prevent Garcon and Moss from having big days catching the football? (Those type of WR's give us more problems than any other).

The Redskins protect the football better than most teams in football, and our offense is the same way. The team who makes the first (and possibly only mistake) may very well be the team that loses. And right now, I just see our defense being a few steps ahead of the Redskins defense and I think that ultimately will be the difference.

ATX_Hawk

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":33ojhq5t said:
ATX_Hawk":33ojhq5t said:

Our offense is about much more than the read option...if you focus on just that we will find a way to burn you other ways.

I'm aware that your team is much more than a read option, our offenses are quite similar, but considering that it is a big part of your offense I'm just stating that we have done well stopping it and Pete coached against that in college. That said... good luck on Sunday.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":1oc5w0w4 said:
Being underdogs AT HOME to a team they beat last season, and a team that talked trash then got spanked IN ITS OWN HOUSE...yet are still favorites, is going to fire our players up beyond belief.

I think a few blowout wins (the SF one was impressive undoubtedly but they seemed flat after beating NE), have gotten to this fanbases head.

:lol:

Again - why are you hanging on a win over us last year? The team is NOWHERE near last season. Neither is yours quite frankly.. hell that win over us eventually forced you to divy up even more draft compensation to get your QBOTF.

Citing the 2011 victory would be like Seahawk fans saying "well we beat this team in 2007.. this one should be a breeze"

And if your team isn't fired up for a PLAYOFF GAME... when the hell would they be fired up?

Slick

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":xofiy8yw said:
Who from either team has the balls to do it, then back it up on the field?

I guarantee someone will win :th2thumbs:

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3kqg05sl said:
Seattle had its reality check next week. I don't expect the same issues this week on offense.

I expect the Redskins to roll up a lot of yards on Sunday. I don't expect them to put it in the end zone very often, though.

Bingo.

Both teams have good offensive red zone TD %'s, but Washington's D % is terrible.

We score 7, they score 3. Rinse, repeat, roll to a 42-23 win.

drastik

Reaction score
Redskins fan here. Not trying to be a douche or anything so apologies now if my comments come off some unintended way.

One thing a lot of people are overlooking is that aside from Bobby Wagner, this is the same exact starting defense that got torched for 300+ yards by Sexy Rexy and 100+ yards by Roy Helu last season, in Seattle. Both of those guys are now 3rd stringers. Brandon Browner got abused that game by Anthony Armstrong (who was cut during training camp).

The point to that isn't to knock any players, or to bring up what happened a year ago; but to illustrate that personnel match-ups are only half the battle. Excellent coaching and gameplanning is the other. Kyle Shanahan will have a few tricks up his sleeve.

Latest posts