Jaye Howard What's his deal?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Jaye Howard What's his deal?
Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:55 am
  • 4th round pick, was supposed to have a quick first step, our old D Line coach, now in FLA recommended him. I've heard motivation has been a problem in the past but is it that or injuries?

He's being outperformed by Greg Scruggs much the way their Colleges compared today. Scruggs/Louisville making Howard/Florida look bad.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Re: Jaye Howard What's his deal?
Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:05 am
  • My theory is that he's actually shown to the coaching staff that he's 40x the player Geno Atkins and Ndamkong Suh are and we've been saving him as our secret weapon for the playoffs. Yeah, I'm stickin' to it.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:28 am
  • pinksheets wrote:My theory is that he's actually shown to the coaching staff that he's 40x the player Geno Atkins and Ndamkong Suh are and we've been saving him as our secret weapon for the playoffs. Yeah, I'm stickin' to it.

It's true. Seattle is employing the "Dog it in the regular season, then turn it on in the playoffs" form of football.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:41 am
  • ivotuk wrote:4th round pick, was supposed to have a quick first step, our old D Line coach, now in FLA recommended him. I've heard motivation has been a problem in the past but is it that or injuries?

He's being outperformed by Greg Scruggs much the way their Colleges compared today. Scruggs/Louisville making Howard/Florida look bad.

ComPETE.....and he is losing.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:46 am
  • Not all the later draft picks will turn in to Shermans and Chancellors unfortunately. He may just not have ended up being the player they were expecting. It happens.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:27 am
  • Scruggs is a better pass rusher. If we needed DT depth on early downs, Howard would get the nod. He's doing fine. I don't know how there could be expectations for a 4th DT
    "So between my friends and I we have been at every home game to date this year, and we have all been plotting the offensive plays called. " ------Anthony!
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:05 am
  • Tical21 wrote:Scruggs is a better pass rusher. If we needed DT depth on early downs, Howard would get the nod. He's doing fine. I don't know how there could be expectations for a 4th DT

Exactly. Howard appears to be a DT of the big bodied run stuffing lane clogging variety. We're kinda deep in that area right now with Mebane, Branch and MacDonald already being on the roster so Jaye is the odd man out. What we need is the penetrating 3-tech variety DT that we lost when Jason Jones went down and Scruggs seems to be the one called upon to fill that role.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:24 am
  • His deal is he's a 4th round rookie D lineman on a team with a fairly healthy d line.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:42 am
  • Snaps credited in week 17 against the Rams:

___________________ Gregg Scruggs ___ Jaye Howard ___ Clinton McDonald
    Defensive Snaps ----------------25------------------15-------------------12--------
    Special Teams Snaps ------------5--------------------0--------------------1--------
    Total Snaps ---------------------30------------------15-------------------13--------
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

It is currently Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:41 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information