Russell Wilson.. Future Seahawks head coach?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Seems like he has the exact right temperment, confidence, intelligence and work ethic to be an amazing head coach someday. He's a natural leader of men.

He'll either be a head coach somewhere or President of the United States.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Yeah man, he's like Lenny Wilkens. He was a player coach for a couple of teams (I think both Portland and Seattle). Pete Rose was a player/coach as well. I know there have been a few player/coaches that played football back in the old days. But I haven't seen one in a while.

The last guy I remember having the opportunity was Jason Kreis who coaches for Real Salt Lake in the MLS. He was given the chance to coach, but he retired that night and just decided to coach and has done well at it. He was a fiery player, but was cool as a cucumber too when it came to crunch time. To be able to step away from the game one night and be on the sidelines coaching the next day in a suit and tie was pretty amazing. He wasn't really that old either. He just decided to be the best coach he could he'd have to walk away.

Lenny's situation was different in that he was also a point guard and it made sense because he was leading the team either way.

Some would say that Peyton Manning was the Colts player/Coach or at least Player/offensive Coordinator for about 10 years there. I don't really doubt it either.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
He strikes me as the kind of person whom, once his playing career is over, would immediately move on to accomplish something else in a different field. People with his personality and ability to 'get' things like that are more apt to move on to something more challenging, so I don't see him being content to be a coach. I'm not saying it's automatic he would be a 'great' coach but I think being a 'decent' coach would come too easy for him and just not be very appealing.

Just my opinion. He seems like a guy who will finish football and do something completely left-field.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Really? We're at a point now where we're wondering if our rookie quarterback will some day be the head coach of this team?

Good God, we need Sunday to get here now.

CPHawk

Reaction score
He's much to smart and a great leader to be an NFL coach. I hope when he's done, in about 16 years, he runs for Governor of Washington.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Ug. Please, no politics. I like Wilson way too much to want to see him lying to us in a suit and tie. I think he has too much character for it.