Aros' Fearless Playoff Prediction Thread (Hawks @ Redskins)

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • well there sure is a lot of confidence here . . . and rightfully so, your team has been playing real good football . . . IF this game were in Seattle i would have to go with the Hawks . . . but it is not and while you guys are not anywhere near as bad on the road as a lot of people would like to state, you are also not as good on the road as you are at home . . . And you haven't played against the skins offense . . . while i agree you shut down the 49ers, that is not the skins offense either . . . i feel this will end up being a pretty high scoring game as i don't have a lot of faith in the Skins D to be able to shut down the hawks offense, but they are very opportunistic and have done a great job creating turnovers all year and i feel that will be the most important part of this game, winning the turnover battle . . . i feel the Skins will protect the ball and force a couple of turnovers that will utimately cost the hawks the game . . .

    Redskins win!! 31 - 27
    User avatar
    SkinsGuru
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 51
    Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:02 am


  • SkinsGuru wrote:well there sure is a lot of confidence here . . . and rightfully so, your team has been playing real good football . . . IF this game were in Seattle i would have to go with the Hawks . . . but it is not and while you guys are not anywhere near as bad on the road as a lot of people would like to state, you are also not as good on the road as you are at home . . . And you haven't played against the skins offense . . . while i agree you shut down the 49ers, that is not the skins offense either . . . i feel this will end up being a pretty high scoring game as i don't have a lot of faith in the Skins D to be able to shut down the hawks offense, but they are very opportunistic and have done a great job creating turnovers all year and i feel that will be the most important part of this game, winning the turnover battle . . . i feel the Skins will protect the ball and force a couple of turnovers that will utimately cost the hawks the game . . .

    Redskins win!! 31 - 27


    Well, you're entitled to your opinion. Even when that opinion is wrong. Which it is, on this occasion. Redskins don't have a shot in this one. Sorry (I'm not).
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11197
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    SkinsGuru wrote:well there sure is a lot of confidence here . . . and rightfully so, your team has been playing real good football . . . IF this game were in Seattle i would have to go with the Hawks . . . but it is not and while you guys are not anywhere near as bad on the road as a lot of people would like to state, you are also not as good on the road as you are at home . . . And you haven't played against the skins offense . . . while i agree you shut down the 49ers, that is not the skins offense either . . . i feel this will end up being a pretty high scoring game as i don't have a lot of faith in the Skins D to be able to shut down the hawks offense, but they are very opportunistic and have done a great job creating turnovers all year and i feel that will be the most important part of this game, winning the turnover battle . . . i feel the Skins will protect the ball and force a couple of turnovers that will utimately cost the hawks the game . . .

    Redskins win!! 31 - 27


    Well, you're entitled to your opinion. Even when that opinion is wrong. Which it is, on this occasion. Redskins don't have a shot in this one. Sorry (I'm not).


    There sure is alot of arrogance amonst Seattle fans this year...that you are going to come east coast and piss on us in OUR house. Its going to be really fun when the Skins win and shut everyone up who's underestimated us (again).
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 370
    Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:16 am
    Location: Buckeystown, MD


  • RiggoReincarnated wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:
    SkinsGuru wrote:well there sure is a lot of confidence here . . . and rightfully so, your team has been playing real good football . . . IF this game were in Seattle i would have to go with the Hawks . . . but it is not and while you guys are not anywhere near as bad on the road as a lot of people would like to state, you are also not as good on the road as you are at home . . . And you haven't played against the skins offense . . . while i agree you shut down the 49ers, that is not the skins offense either . . . i feel this will end up being a pretty high scoring game as i don't have a lot of faith in the Skins D to be able to shut down the hawks offense, but they are very opportunistic and have done a great job creating turnovers all year and i feel that will be the most important part of this game, winning the turnover battle . . . i feel the Skins will protect the ball and force a couple of turnovers that will utimately cost the hawks the game . . .

    Redskins win!! 31 - 27


    Well, you're entitled to your opinion. Even when that opinion is wrong. Which it is, on this occasion. Redskins don't have a shot in this one. Sorry (I'm not).


    There sure is alot of arrogance amonst Seattle fans this year...that you are going to come east coast and piss on us in OUR house. Its going to be really fun when the Skins win and shut everyone up who's underestimated us (again).


    That won't happen because you don't have a shot at winning this game. You guys have a good young(ish) team and are probably going to win several division titles over the coming years, maybe even a SB, but not this year. This year you have no shot at making it out of the wildcard round.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11197
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


  • RiggoReincarnated wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:
    SkinsGuru wrote:well there sure is a lot of confidence here . . . and rightfully so, your team has been playing real good football . . . IF this game were in Seattle i would have to go with the Hawks . . . but it is not and while you guys are not anywhere near as bad on the road as a lot of people would like to state, you are also not as good on the road as you are at home . . . And you haven't played against the skins offense . . . while i agree you shut down the 49ers, that is not the skins offense either . . . i feel this will end up being a pretty high scoring game as i don't have a lot of faith in the Skins D to be able to shut down the hawks offense, but they are very opportunistic and have done a great job creating turnovers all year and i feel that will be the most important part of this game, winning the turnover battle . . . i feel the Skins will protect the ball and force a couple of turnovers that will utimately cost the hawks the game . . .

    Redskins win!! 31 - 27


    Well, you're entitled to your opinion. Even when that opinion is wrong. Which it is, on this occasion. Redskins don't have a shot in this one. Sorry (I'm not).


    There sure is alot of arrogance amonst Seattle fans this year...that you are going to come east coast and piss on us in OUR house. Its going to be really fun when the Skins win and shut everyone up who's underestimated us (again).


    What do you mean "again"? Go look at the Redskins wikipedia team and tell me the Redskins haven't been irrelevant for the better part of 15 years. Take it from a fanbase that knows - you gotta earn that respect.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 15638
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


  • RiggoReincarnated wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:
    SkinsGuru wrote:well there sure is a lot of confidence here . . . and rightfully so, your team has been playing real good football . . . IF this game were in Seattle i would have to go with the Hawks . . . but it is not and while you guys are not anywhere near as bad on the road as a lot of people would like to state, you are also not as good on the road as you are at home . . . And you haven't played against the skins offense . . . while i agree you shut down the 49ers, that is not the skins offense either . . . i feel this will end up being a pretty high scoring game as i don't have a lot of faith in the Skins D to be able to shut down the hawks offense, but they are very opportunistic and have done a great job creating turnovers all year and i feel that will be the most important part of this game, winning the turnover battle . . . i feel the Skins will protect the ball and force a couple of turnovers that will utimately cost the hawks the game . . .

    Redskins win!! 31 - 27


    Well, you're entitled to your opinion. Even when that opinion is wrong. Which it is, on this occasion. Redskins don't have a shot in this one. Sorry (I'm not).


    There sure is alot of arrogance amonst Seattle fans this year...that you are going to come east coast and piss on us in OUR house. Its going to be really fun when the Skins win and shut everyone up who's underestimated us (again).


    Interesting, coming from someone who's signature argument thus far has been a 2011 game between Rex Grossman, Roy Helu, and Tarvaris Jackson.
    Image

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    User avatar
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8312
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
    Location: Right outside Richard Sherman's house


  • I will take the better all around team to win. That team is unquestionably the Hawks. As long as they play reasonably close to their best, they should be able to win, even on the road.

    Hawks 28
    Skins 17
    User avatar
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2543
    Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:53 am


  • There sure is alot of arrogance amonst Seattle fans this year...that you are going to come east coast and piss on us in OUR house. Its going to be really fun when the Skins win and shut everyone up who's underestimated us (again).[/quote]

    Interesting, coming from someone who's signature argument thus far has been a 2011 game between Rex Grossman, Roy Helu, and Tarvaris Jackson.[/quote]



    The only part of that argument was the success of our offense versus your secondary. I concede Russell Wilson and your offense will be a much greater challenge this year. However, I don't find any reason to believe your defense will hold us under 20 points on our home turf, not the way we are playing now. Not with our offense vastly improved, and not after a less talented QB, RB, and WR corps put up 450 yards on you guys at your house just last season. I've heard your LB play is better this year, fine...but is that enough to offset our offense - where we've focused fastly over the past offseason with RGIII and putting balanced weaponry around him?

    However, these predictions of 21 point blowouts on the road in a road playoff game make me laugh. We aren't the Buffalo Bills.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 370
    Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:16 am
    Location: Buckeystown, MD


  • SkinsGuru wrote:well there sure is a lot of confidence here . . . and rightfully so, your team has been playing real good football . . . IF this game were in Seattle i would have to go with the Hawks . . . but it is not and while you guys are not anywhere near as bad on the road as a lot of people would like to state, you are also not as good on the road as you are at home . . . And you haven't played against the skins offense . . . while i agree you shut down the 49ers, that is not the skins offense either . . . i feel this will end up being a pretty high scoring game as i don't have a lot of faith in the Skins D to be able to shut down the hawks offense, but they are very opportunistic and have done a great job creating turnovers all year and i feel that will be the most important part of this game, winning the turnover battle . . . i feel the Skins will protect the ball and force a couple of turnovers that will utimately cost the hawks the game . . .

    Redskins win!! 31 - 27


    Our defense hasnt given up more than 28 all season long. I don't see any chance of the Skins getting to 31.
    This will be a close game though....20-16 Hawks.
    User avatar
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 904
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 6:14 am


  • iigakusei wrote:
    SkinsGuru wrote:well there sure is a lot of confidence here . . . and rightfully so, your team has been playing real good football . . . IF this game were in Seattle i would have to go with the Hawks . . . but it is not and while you guys are not anywhere near as bad on the road as a lot of people would like to state, you are also not as good on the road as you are at home . . . And you haven't played against the skins offense . . . while i agree you shut down the 49ers, that is not the skins offense either . . . i feel this will end up being a pretty high scoring game as i don't have a lot of faith in the Skins D to be able to shut down the hawks offense, but they are very opportunistic and have done a great job creating turnovers all year and i feel that will be the most important part of this game, winning the turnover battle . . . i feel the Skins will protect the ball and force a couple of turnovers that will utimately cost the hawks the game . . .

    Redskins win!! 31 - 27


    Our defense hasnt given up more than 28 all season long. I don't see any chance of the Skins getting to 31.
    This will be a close game though....20-16 Hawks.



    Now that kind of prediction I can at least respect and understand. I wouldn't be totally shocked if its a lower scoring game and both teams go conservative on offense (at least initially)
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 370
    Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:16 am
    Location: Buckeystown, MD


  • RiggoReincarnated wrote:There sure is alot of arrogance amonst Seattle fans this year...that you are going to come east coast and piss on us in OUR house. Its going to be really fun when the Skins win and shut everyone up who's underestimated us (again).


    Interesting, coming from someone who's signature argument thus far has been a 2011 game between Rex Grossman, Roy Helu, and Tarvaris Jackson.[/quote]



    The only part of that argument was the success of our offense versus your secondary. I concede Russell Wilson and your offense will be a much greater challenge this year. However, I don't find any reason to believe your defense will hold us under 20 points on our home turf, not the way we are playing now. Not with our offense vastly improved, and not after a less talented QB, RB, and WR corps put up 450 yards on you guys at your house just last season. I've heard your LB play is better this year, fine...but is that enough to offset our offense - where we've focused fastly over the past offseason with RGIII and putting balanced weaponry around him?

    However, these predictions of 21 point blowouts on the road in a road playoff game make me laugh. We aren't the Buffalo Bills.[/quote]

    This year's defense is superior to last year's defense not only because of that better LB play, but also because of more experience at most defensive positions (remember, Sherman was only a rookie starting to flash last season, as was KJ Wright). But here's the thing. The defense is ALSO better because of a SIGNIFICANTLY better offense paired with it. The Seahawks offense can sustain long drives, giving the defense rest. It can put points up early, whereas last year's team tended to struggle to do so. That makes opponents more one-dimensional as they attempt to catch up.

    In last year's game, the defense faltered in the 4th quarter, and sure - that's still a concern sometimes. But the bigger story, in my opinion, is that once the Skins started rallying in the 4th, there was NOTHING that Tarvaris Jackson could do about it. After the Seahawks scored early in the 4th to lead 17-7, Jackson faced four 3rd downs, and this is what he did with them:

    Sack for -9 yards
    Incomplete pass
    Pass for 2 yards on 3rd and 7 (followed by taking a sack for -9 yards on 4th down)
    Interception

    This year's Seahawks offense does not play like that in the 4th quarter.
    Image

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    User avatar
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8312
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
    Location: Right outside Richard Sherman's house


  • RiggoReincarnated wrote:There sure is alot of arrogance amonst Seattle fans this year...that you are going to come east coast and piss on us in OUR house. Its going to be really fun when the Skins win and shut everyone up who's underestimated us (again).


    What do you expect? This IS the home base for fans of the Seahawks. I think if you looked through all the prediction type threads, including your own, you would find that most of that team's fans are going to predict a victory in every game they play.

    You will probably find a few fans on this very board picking the Skins to win the game on Sunday. On the other hand, after browsing lightly through the Redskin forums I haven't ran across a single fan predicting a Seahawk win. I'm not saying it isn't there, because maybe it is, I just haven't seen it yet.

    In fact, if you look back through the entire seasons worth of threads on any team forum you will find predictions of victory regardless of the matchup. Outside of the AZ game, most fans, even in Buffalo could visualize their team winning. If their team is good, they appear to be right most of the time.

    The fans here are seeing something they haven't seen before in a very complete team in all 3 phases of the game, plus a team that regardless of road record in the first half of the season put up a serious fight in their losses. How can you blame them?

    What is it? Are the fans supposed to account for some "mystique" factor or something? If the games were decided by odds or stats, they wouldn't have to play them. Including conference games, both of these teams have played 4 teams that made the playoffs. The Hawks have a win against each of their 4, the Skins? 2 wins and 2 losses.

    Both of those losses were at home.

    Call it arrogance, but it isn't without warrant and you won't see other fans acting differently, including your own.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5899
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


  • loafoftatupu wrote:
    RiggoReincarnated wrote:There sure is alot of arrogance amonst Seattle fans this year...that you are going to come east coast and piss on us in OUR house. Its going to be really fun when the Skins win and shut everyone up who's underestimated us (again).


    What do you expect? This IS the home base for fans of the Seahawks. I think if you looked through all the prediction type threads, including your own, you would find that most of that team's fans are going to predict a victory in every game they play.

    You will probably find a few fans on this very board picking the Skins to win the game on Sunday. On the other hand, after browsing lightly through the Redskin forums I haven't ran across a single fan predicting a Seahawk win. I'm not saying it isn't there, because maybe it is, I just haven't seen it yet.

    In fact, if you look back through the entire seasons worth of threads on any team forum you will find predictions of victory regardless of the matchup. Outside of the AZ game, most fans, even in Buffalo could visualize their team winning. If their team is good, they appear to be right most of the time.

    The fans here are seeing something they haven't seen before in a very complete team in all 3 phases of the game, plus a team that regardless of road record in the first half of the season put up a serious fight in their losses. How can you blame them?

    What is it? Are the fans supposed to account for some "mystique" factor or something? If the games were decided by odds or stats, they wouldn't have to play them. Including conference games, both of these teams have played 4 teams that made the playoffs. The Hawks have a win against each of their 4, the Skins? 2 wins and 2 losses.

    Both of those losses were at home.

    Call it arrogance, but it isn't without warrant and you won't see other fans acting differently, including your own.



    Good point. Believe it or not though, about 50% of Dallas fans were actually predicting them to lose to us, and I think that was reflected in the collapse of the team when the going got tough in the game. The difference between the attitudes (not necessarily bad) is remarkable.

    I expect much more of a fight this weekend, and more of a need to convert any turnovers we get into points. We picked off Romo twice in the first half last week, yet the score was 7-7 going into the half. If we get any against you guys, if we cannot convert them into points each time, I think its going to be extremely difficult to win. If we lose the turnover battle, I think we lose outright.

    Both fanbases have reason to be confident, with 7 and 5 game win streaks going in...the 2 hottest teams in the NFL aside from Denver. A shame that one has to lose this early in the playoffs. I can't wait.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 370
    Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:16 am
    Location: Buckeystown, MD


  • Yes, it is a shame that the redskins have to lose this early in the playoffs.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11197
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


  • If the 'Hawks can contain Morris and RGIII on the run, it'll slow down the Skins playaction game, which has been essential to their big-play ability. If--and that's a big if--the 'Hawks can do that they'll win by two scores.

    I'm not so confident in the run defense, though. See Absolut's post. This one is going to be a nail biter. The 'Skins defense isn't great, but they've made plays when it counted lately. And the 'Hawks have gone through stretches of bad bounces this season (particularly off the hands of receivers).

    'Hawks: 27
    'Skins: 24
    “We need to be challenged, ... and we need to be under the gun to respond.” --Pete Carroll
    User avatar
    nanomoz
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 4713
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:20 pm
    Location: UT


  • Hawks' 38 - Redskins 10
    Image
    User avatar
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1877
    Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:27 pm
    Location: Bay Area, CA


  • Redskins are going to get mauled in this one. 42 - 13, Hawks.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

    He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    User avatar
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 5734
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:29 am
    Location: Back in Seattle


  • RiggoReincarnated wrote:Good point. Believe it or not though, about 50% of Dallas fans were actually predicting them to lose to us, and I think that was reflected in the collapse of the team when the going got tough in the game. The difference between the attitudes (not necessarily bad) is remarkable.


    If I was a Cowboys fan, I would have predicted a loss to the Skins too...

    They sure gave the Hawks a tough game this year... They were the start on the long list pf public comments made by fans and coaches from other teams. The words "that was embarassing" must have been used to record levels this season.

    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5899
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


  • Homeristic delusional call Hawks 52 - 17

    Realist Playoff prediction 24-15 Hawks
    "Go Hawks" Russlemainia
    Adopt a Rookie - Jackson Jeffcoat
    User avatar
    SeaHawk80
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 244
    Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:53 am
    Location: Pe Ell, WA


  • I am not going to make a prediction. I truly feel this game is a toss up. It could really go any way, IMO. It could be a nail-biter, coming down to one final play (as all of the Hawks road games seem to do). The Skins could start hot, catch fire, and ride the momentum of a home crowd desperate for a playoff win, and win easily. Or Seattle could even come in and catch the Skins off guard and dominate. I really do think anything is possible. Any fans on either side who currently think their team is a lock to win, IMO, are not giving their opponent close to even credit, and reveling far too much in their kool-aid punch bowl.

    If it were at our house, we'd stomp them. I really believe that. We're the better team and our home field advantage is too much. But this game isn't at home. And it's on the East coast, to boot. You got a hungry crowd in love with it's new franchise face that is dying to explode. All the factors that come with the game being in DC, IMO, cancel out the advantages Seattle has on paper over the Redskins.

    Until the Seahawks prove they can win consistently on the road, I can never go into a road game with too much confidence. It's just me battling my own history as a fan. The Hawks haven't won a playoff game on the road since I was 2 years old. Yes, trends are made to be broken. And before 2005, the same could be said about them in the playoffs, period. But still, it's hard to flat out assume something you've never witnessed is going to happen.

    Don't get me wrong. The Hawks aren't the bumbling joke away from home that they used to be. And any Redskins fan that is simply looking at their 3-5 road record is in for a surprise. The Hawks were in EVERY SINGLE road loss at the very end, lost all by 7 pts or less, and were a single play away from winning a handful of those games. This isn't a team that plays bad without it's comfy home field advantage. This is a team that has been in every single game it's played this season, up to the very end. The home field advantage used to mask a serious road problem. Not anymore. Any DC fan that chooses to ignore it, and instead focus on a 3-5 road record is akin to sticking their head in the sand and screaming "na na na na! don't wanna hear it!" And by the way, a 5-3 home record isn't exactly an impenetrable fortress.

    Like I said, I think this game is scary close. Both teams are on considerable winning streaks. Both have exciting rookie qb's playing up there with the best in the game right now. Both have strong running games. I feel Seattle pulls away when you factor in the defense. But DC has the home field advantage.

    And quite frankly, on the road and in the playoffs, I fear the refs a little. I've feared them ever since the GB MNF game and the national outrage that ensued. Fair or not (it's not, btw), there's a sentiment some have that Seattle needs to be punished for that game. And I'm not sure if you've been paying attention or not. But there's been a couple games Seattle's played since then (Chicago, anyone?) that seriously felt as if it was a subliminal factor with the refs. Throw in the refs punishing Kam Chancellor for hitting people hard even when he does so legally, and a home crowd that's going to be screaming bloody murder at anything that doesn't go their way. I gotta admit, I'm a bit concerned in this aspect of the game.

    As I've said a couple times already. This is a super close match up, that could really go any way. Given just about every single road game the Hawks have played this season, odds are it comes down to a final drive in the 4th qtr. And as was the case in the Chicago and Detroit games, it could likely come down to whoever has the ball last.
    User avatar
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 4648
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
    Location: Seattle, WA


  • Oh, and one last thing. Any Redskin fan that feels the need to say "Boy, are you guys confident." Just save it.

    Take a look in the mirror. Not to mention every single NFL fan base when their team is in the playoffs. Fans are crazy invested in their teams. Their team reaching the playoffs does nothing but embolden such passion.

    Do I really need to remind you just how confident you guys were with TODD COLLINS coming to Seattle a few years back? Seriously, now. Just save it. All fans get pumped about their team this time of the year. To act above such behavior is beyond obnoxious.
    User avatar
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 4648
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
    Location: Seattle, WA


  • RiggoReincarnated wrote:Skins 23
    Seahawks 17

    If we can do it in Seattle we can do it here.



    You keep hammering this point like it means something this year?
    Kam Chancellor: The Chancellor of Defense
    Bruce Irvin: BruceMode
    Tharold Simon: Humble Thug
    Paul Richardson: BPR
    User avatar
    FortWorthSeahawk
    USAF BadAss
     
    Posts: 1111
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:24 am
    Location: Charlottesville, VA


  • Seahawks win 38-10.
    seahawks875
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 238
    Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:14 am


  • 31-20 Seahawks.
    For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!
    User avatar
    SE174
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1255
    Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:11 pm
    Location: Spokane


  • RiggoReincarnated wrote:There sure is alot of arrogance amonst Seattle fans this year...that you are going to come east coast and piss on us in OUR house. Its going to be really fun when the Skins win and shut everyone up who's underestimated us (again).


    Interesting, coming from someone who's signature argument thus far has been a 2011 game between Rex Grossman, Roy Helu, and Tarvaris Jackson.[/quote]



    The only part of that argument was the success of our offense versus your secondary. I concede Russell Wilson and your offense will be a much greater challenge this year. However, I don't find any reason to believe your defense will hold us under 20 points on our home turf, not the way we are playing now. Not with our offense vastly improved, and not after a less talented QB, RB, and WR corps put up 450 yards on you guys at your house just last season. I've heard your LB play is better this year, fine...but is that enough to offset our offense - where we've focused fastly over the past offseason with RGIII and putting balanced weaponry around him?

    However, these predictions of 21 point blowouts on the road in a road playoff game make me laugh. We aren't the Buffalo Bills.[/quote]
    No you aren't. Seattle beat the Bills by 33. Beating you by 21 is respect.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11604
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


  • Seattle Seahawks 34
    Washington Redskins 20
    "If I were Tarvaris Jackson and Matt Flynn, I'd be leery of this kid because if you give him a chance, if you give him a chance and look past his 5 foot 11 or 5-10 and a half or whatever it is, if you give this kid a legitimate chance to win the job, he'll win it" - John Gruden
    User avatar
    mjwhitay
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 229
    Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:22 am


  • Seahawks 24
    Redskins 17
    User avatar
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 1306
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:05 am


  • WindCityHawk wrote:
    kmedic wrote:I think this game is close to the end. The problem is that the Hawks defense has yet to show us that they can stop a team on the road in the 4th quarter when the game is on the line. After some RW heroics, I envision us being up by 3-6 points with a few minutes left but end up losing after our defense crumbles in front of their home crowd. This is the one major weak link the Hawks have and I see it coming out once again in the playoffs (if not this week then certainly the following week). The Hawks have showed us a lot this season and we have much to be proud of but I feel we're gonna come up agonizingly short once again on the road.

    Skins 23
    Hawks 21


    You, sir, have hit on the insecurity smoldering in the back of my gut. I fear we will do everything right to win this game, and still lose it. The blowout wins and the show in Buffalo have not blocked out the memories of Detroit and Miami. That said, I would love to see Wilson light up that weak Washington secondary.


    Our defense closed it out against the Rams.
    User avatar
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *
     
    Posts: 1874
    Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:30 pm
    Location: Lynnwood, WA


  • Fox0r wrote:
    WindCityHawk wrote:
    kmedic wrote:I think this game is close to the end. The problem is that the Hawks defense has yet to show us that they can stop a team on the road in the 4th quarter when the game is on the line. After some RW heroics, I envision us being up by 3-6 points with a few minutes left but end up losing after our defense crumbles in front of their home crowd. This is the one major weak link the Hawks have and I see it coming out once again in the playoffs (if not this week then certainly the following week). The Hawks have showed us a lot this season and we have much to be proud of but I feel we're gonna come up agonizingly short once again on the road.

    Skins 23
    Hawks 21


    You, sir, have hit on the insecurity smoldering in the back of my gut. I fear we will do everything right to win this game, and still lose it. The blowout wins and the show in Buffalo have not blocked out the memories of Detroit and Miami. That said, I would love to see Wilson light up that weak Washington secondary.


    Our defense closed it out against the Rams.


    Though...that was at home. My bad.
    User avatar
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *
     
    Posts: 1874
    Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:30 pm
    Location: Lynnwood, WA


  • peachesenregalia wrote:That won't happen because you don't have a shot at winning this game. You guys have a good young(ish) team and are probably going to win several division titles over the coming years, maybe even a SB, but not this year. This year you have no shot at making it out of the wildcard round.


    Disagree with you peaches. People said we had no shot against the Saints two years ago, too. Pride comes before the fall.

    With that said, I think we win...but I'm not banking on a chip shot.
    User avatar
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *
     
    Posts: 1874
    Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:30 pm
    Location: Lynnwood, WA


  • Fox0r wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:That won't happen because you don't have a shot at winning this game. You guys have a good young(ish) team and are probably going to win several division titles over the coming years, maybe even a SB, but not this year. This year you have no shot at making it out of the wildcard round.


    Disagree with you peaches. People said we had no shot against the Saints two years ago, too. Pride comes before the fall.

    With that said, I think we win...but I'm not banking on a chip shot.


    That Saints was coming in practically crippled. The Seahawks are relatively healthy, though I get your point.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 15638
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


  • The Redskins are good. But their time in not here yet, as they still have some work to do on Defense.

    Seahawks 24
    Redskins 17

    My Record to Date: 8-8
    Image
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11929
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


  • For some reason I'm feeling this could be a low-scoring affair.

    Seattle 17
    Washington 13
    Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.
    FearTheBeak
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 315
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 2:52 pm
    Location: Lacey, WA


  • Well, I've got a lot of my students rooting with me against the Redskins, because my school is full of Cowboys fans. So that's nice.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

    Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 11517
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:Well, I've got a lot of my students rooting with me against the Redskins, because my school is full of Cowboys fans. So that's nice.

    I didn't know you taught special ed.
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6882
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


  • hawksfan515 wrote:Skins 31
    Hawks 24

    Interesting that you think our D will give up 31 to the Redskins...why is that?

    Hawks 34
    Redskins 13
    SUPERBOWL!!
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1676
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


  • Hawks 24

    Skins 16
    _____________________

    Where can I find Seahawks98.com???
    User avatar
    Barthawk
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*
     
    Posts: 2631
    Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:17 am
    Location: San Antonio, TX by way of Kalispell, MT


  • Skins 20

    Seahawks 17

    And it'll be a really irritating defeat too.

    Record in regular season: 7-9
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8162
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Skins 20

    Seahawks 17

    And it'll be a really irritating defeat too.

    Record in regular season: 7-9


    Debbie Downer in post-season form, I see....
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11197
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


  • Trenchbroom wrote:Seattle Seahawks 27
    Washington Redskins 17


    That's the score I've been thinking.

    I see WAS getting 2 TDs and up to 3 FG opportunities. If they make just 1 FG, we ice the game with a Marshawn TD and 1:39 on the clock. D plays prevent; final play is a Stanford-style pitch-fest, ball carrier tackled at the 43 with time expired. Seahawks win 27-17.

    If WAS makes all 3 FGs, Seahawks win 27-23, on a come-from-behind game-winning drive and TD pass by Russell with less than :20 on the clock. D plays prevent, tackles receiver in bounds, clock dwindles and runs out before timeout-less WAS can spike it. Game over.

    Why not get specific about it? ;)
    Image
    User avatar
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1589
    Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:30 pm
    Location: Olympia


  • I'll play...

    I do hope if we win the toss we take the ball and start off on offense. First time I've ever wanted that, but I believe we can drive the field and put some points on the opening drive. I feel Skins will be quite aggressive in 1Q, but I think we can handle that. Once they settle in and try and run the ball, that's when it goes downhill for WAS... their WRs will get beat up trying to block our corners and then they will become less effective in the passing game. The slot WRs will be saved though, and they will have some success, but the SEAfense won't break and allow many TDs.

    At half, Hawks up 16-10.

    DangeRuss will continue to be clutch and convert when needed. Hawks will slowly pull away, and then go into cruise while WAS makes a subtle 4Q comeback but only on the scoreboard (not in the momentum).

    Seahawks 30
    Redskins 20
    "Hard work beats talent when talent fails to hard work"
    User avatar
    CHawks4L
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 269
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:01 am
    Location: Gig Harbor, WA


  • SeatownJay wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:Well, I've got a lot of my students rooting with me against the Redskins, because my school is full of Cowboys fans. So that's nice.

    I didn't know you taught special ed.

    :th2thumbs: :th2thumbs: :th2thumbs:
    That is some funny shit Jay.
    :bow: :bow: :bow:
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

    ImageImage

    Proud member of the 38 club
    User avatar
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12775
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • It just occurred to me that I really believe the Redskins will not score.

    I'm serious.

    If I'm right, I hope I can find this post.

    Seahawks 27-0.
    _______________________
    Remember, it's all for fun.
    User avatar
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 2918
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:19 am
    Location: Spokane


  • Hawkstorian wrote:It just occurred to me that I really believe the Redskins will not score.

    I'm serious.

    If I'm right, I hope I can find this post.

    Seahawks 27-0.



    You'll be lucky if we don't score...in ONE QUARTER.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 370
    Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:16 am
    Location: Buckeystown, MD


  • Scottemojo wrote:
    RiggoReincarnated wrote:There sure is alot of arrogance amonst Seattle fans this year...that you are going to come east coast and piss on us in OUR house. Its going to be really fun when the Skins win and shut everyone up who's underestimated us (again).


    Interesting, coming from someone who's signature argument thus far has been a 2011 game between Rex Grossman, Roy Helu, and Tarvaris Jackson.




    The only part of that argument was the success of our offense versus your secondary. I concede Russell Wilson and your offense will be a much greater challenge this year. However, I don't find any reason to believe your defense will hold us under 20 points on our home turf, not the way we are playing now. Not with our offense vastly improved, and not after a less talented QB, RB, and WR corps put up 450 yards on you guys at your house just last season. I've heard your LB play is better this year, fine...but is that enough to offset our offense - where we've focused fastly over the past offseason with RGIII and putting balanced weaponry around him?

    However, these predictions of 21 point blowouts on the road in a road playoff game make me laugh. We aren't the Buffalo Bills.[/quote]
    No you aren't. Seattle beat the Bills by 33. Beating you by 21 is respect.[/quote]


    LOL we beat the 49ers by 35 in the 2005 season...didn't ever use that as rationale for why we were ready to win against you at your house.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 370
    Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:16 am
    Location: Buckeystown, MD


  • Seattle Seahawks 35
    Redskins 17
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9779
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


  • RiggoReincarnated wrote:
    Hawkstorian wrote:It just occurred to me that I really believe the Redskins will not score.

    I'm serious.

    If I'm right, I hope I can find this post.

    Seahawks 27-0.



    You'll be lucky if we don't score...in ONE QUARTER.


    Maybe 3 in the 4th quarter.
    The new Santa Clara stadium name?..........Dungaree Dump
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 25025
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: Yes, that is a Bacon Wrapped Turkey


  • This will be a romp. The D will be smothering even on turf. RW will pick that secondary apart. Skins had a much easier schedule and did play well down the back stretch, but the Seattle Seahawks are simply too much for them to handle on this Sunday.

    The legion is back the team is healthy and ready to go off!

    Hawks 42
    Skins 17
    10 points in garbage time
    Win Forever!

    Bigger, Stronger, Faster, Younger - BETTER!!!!
    User avatar
    GOSeahawks
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 180
    Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:07 pm
    Location: Tacoma WA


  • You guys are gonna have it rough on Monday sorry. I won't come here to gloat if we win, but if we lose I will eat crow. I do think the year you get HFA next will be the one you win the Super Bowl...and that both teams will see each other again in the playoffs sooner rather than later.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 370
    Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:16 am
    Location: Buckeystown, MD


  • I'm always late to this thread. Hawks will turn it up in the second half. Shizz gonna be electric.

    Hawks 24
    Skins 20

    5-4
    Dreadbelch
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 255
    Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:31 pm


PreviousNext


It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:38 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online