Aros' Fearless Playoff Prediction Thread (Hawks @ Redskins)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
In honor of my unwavering bravado this week, I'll keep this short and sweet.

The Redskins have yet to play a team as complete and talented as the Seahawks.

RGIII is a special player. Redskins fans have a lot to cheer about. However, so do Seahawks fans. Say hello to the Great Equalizer, Russell Wilson.

Seahawks win fairly convincingly.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 28 - Redskins 20

Aros' Fearless Record: 11-5

Sac

Reaction score
31-10 Seahawks win. 7 of WAS 10 comes in garbage time. Russell Wilson throws for 3TD's

kmedic

Reaction score
I think this game is close to the end. The problem is that the Hawks defense has yet to show us that they can stop a team on the road in the 4th quarter when the game is on the line. After some RW heroics, I envision us being up by 3-6 points with a few minutes left but end up losing after our defense crumbles in front of their home crowd. This is the one major weak link the Hawks have and I see it coming out once again in the playoffs (if not this week then certainly the following week). The Hawks have showed us a lot this season and we have much to be proud of but I feel we're gonna come up agonizingly short once again on the road.

Skins 23
Hawks 21

jhball

Reaction score
24-16 Hawks.
We play focused and razor sharp after a nervous/adreneline filled first qtr. Redskins score a td early but fade. Games not as close as the score.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":26wk1u6o said:
Skins 23
Seahawks 17

If we can do it in Seattle we can do it here.

You mean last season...? We are a totally different team....as you guys are -- has no bearing.

We do seem to have your number in the post-season, however - although this time we have to do it in your house.

Alas, I think we pull out a close one:

Seahawks 24, Redskins 20

kmedic

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":23gptgul said:
Skins 23
Seahawks 17

Are you referring to last season's win in Seattle? Cuz that was two entirely different teams with different QB's. Throw that out the window...

If this week's game was in Seattle you would have NO chance of winning. However, as you can see from my prediction above, I'm giving you the game because of our inability to stop teams in the 4th quarter on the road in close games. And I would have said the same if the team we were playing were any of the other playoff teams.

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
kmedic":1fgnwuhz said:
RiggoReincarnated":1fgnwuhz said:
Skins 23
Seahawks 17

Are you referring to last season's win in Seattle? Cuz that was two entirely different teams with different QB's. Throw that out the window...

If this week's game was in Seattle you would have NO chance of winning. However, as you can see from my prediction above, I'm giving you the game because of our inability to stop teams in the 4th quarter on the road in close games. And I would have said the same if the team we were playing were any of the other playoff teams.

NO chance? Are you kidding? We put up 450 yards with Rex Grossman and Roy Helu. With our offense, we ALWAYS have a chance. Agreed that two different teams with different QBs - but your vaunted secondary was much the same personnel-wise. Your D has improved but so has our offense. Also, having a run game such as ours negates alot of the effect of having to pass constantly under the crowd noise

I agree this game isn't going to be easy, and I'd give Seattle the edge if they were at home. However, I feel this team is going to take offense at being underdogs at home, and play as such. We are also one of the few pure grass fields left in the NFL - so while our crowd noise might not be what you produce...we tend to play faster than other teams while on our turf due to our experience on this surface.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Haven't won a road playoff game in 30 years.. that changes Sunday.

Seahawks 24
Redskins 14

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":37hl7760 said:
Skins 23
Seahawks 17

:lol:

There are many reasons to believe in your Redskins.. a 2011 win is not one of them.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":2ydsqn1f said:
kmedic":2ydsqn1f said:
RiggoReincarnated":2ydsqn1f said:
Skins 23
Seahawks 17

NO chance? Are you kidding? We put up 450 yards with Rex Grossman and Roy Helu. With our offense, we ALWAYS have a chance. Agreed that two different teams with different QBs - but your vaunted secondary was much the same.
Also, having a run game such as ours negates alot of the effect of having to pass constantly.

I agree this game isn't going to be easy, and I'd give Seattle the edge if they were at home. However, I feel this team is going to take offense at being underdogs at home, and play as such. We are also one of the only pure grass fields left in the NFL - so while our crowd noise might not be what you produce...we tend to play faster than other teams while on our turf due to our experience on this surface.

Not trying to refute or accept your opinion, but another thing that's different from last season is our LB's are a lot faster. Last season we had David Hawthorne and Leroy Hill, this season Malcolm Smith and Bobby Wagner (both 4.4 guys), big reason for the improvement in defense.

Carry on.

kmedic

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":3pg4e0fv said:
kmedic":3pg4e0fv said:
RiggoReincarnated":3pg4e0fv said:
Skins 23
Seahawks 17

NO chance? Are you kidding? We put up 450 yards with Rex Grossman and Roy Helu. With our offense, we ALWAYS have a chance. Agreed that two different teams with different QBs - but your vaunted secondary was much the same personnel-wise. Your D has improved but so has our offense. Also, having a run game such as ours negates alot of the effect of having to pass constantly under the crowd noise

I agree this game isn't going to be easy, and I'd give Seattle the edge if they were at home. However, I feel this team is going to take offense at being underdogs at home, and play as such. We are also one of the few pure grass fields left in the NFL - so while our crowd noise might not be what you produce...we tend to play faster than other teams while on our turf due to our experience on this surface.

Yeah, no chance in Seattle. Last time I checked we were 8-0 this season, against SF, Minn, GB, and NE. I'd give you zero chance of winning a playoff game in Seattle this year and there's nothing you could argue to make me change that thought. And I'd bet a whole lot of money that all the national pundits and media would have the same opinion.

In Washington though, meh, a little different....

Shock2k

Reaction score
Seahawks are playing better on the road right now. St. Louis and the Cardinals were higher rated defenses. Most points scored on us by a top 5 defense away was 13(SF)... (NOTE: I'm DEFINATELY NOT skewing bunch of stats in my favor to come up with the absolute bigest win margin I could expect, definately not.)

SEA 50
WAS 12 (4 FG's)

morgulon1

Reaction score
Aros":cjdwkzg9 said:
In honor of my unwavering bravado this week, I'll keep this short and sweet.

The Redskins have yet to play a team as complete and talented as the Seahawks.

RGIII is a special player. Redskins fans have a lot to cheer about. However, so do Seahawks fans. Say hello to the Great Equalizer, Russell Wilson.

Seahawks win fairly convincingly.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 28 - Redskins 20

Aros' Fearless Record: 11-5

Is this one of those games that the score doesnt reflect what actually happened? Like the forskins rally for a fg and a td in garbage time? Why do all of my sentences end with a question mark?

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I'm not sure how I feel about this game, because I don't know how well we will fare against their run. I'm not totally sold on our Run D right now - we haven't needed to use it much lately because we've scored so many damn points that teams have to throw against us. This game just gives the "that game" feeling for the Hawks and I'm not terribly confident that things will go our way. Shanny is the best coach we've seen since NE, and RG3 is the best QB we've seen since Cutler, and has an extra trick up his sleeve with his legs.

This will be a huge test for us - the best team we've played on the road since SF. If our D doesn't get gashed by Morris and we protect Wilson better than last week, we should be ok. But if they control the ball and we have protection trouble, that is when we see things go wrong for us. I don't expect our pass rush to put much pressure on RG3, so our secondary better be up to the task.

This one, imo, will come down to one or two turnovers.

Skins - 20
Hawks - 17