Brian Billick...WTF

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Brian Billick...WTF
Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:32 pm
  • He has us at #7 after week 15 saying:

Back-to-back 50-point games have put the league on notice, but something is holding me back from totally jumping on the Seahawks bandwagon.

Then he has us at #5 after week 16 saying:

The Seahawks have their first 10-win season since 2007 and have ensured a second postseason in Pete Carroll's three seasons as head coach. In their last three games alone, the Seahawks have outscored their opponents 150-30, the second-highest point total in a three-game span in NFL history. Isn't this supposed to be a ball-control, defensive team?

Then after week 17 he drops us to #9 even though we beat the Rams saying:

Pete Carroll gets my vote for Coach of the Year for what he has done with the Seahawks this season, but I think they go one and done in the playoffs. Washington is a tough place to play, especially for a team that has had their struggles on the road this season.

WTF!?

Back to back 50 point games for the first time in over 50 years and he's not sold . They then bitch slap the Niners and beat the Rams, a team that beat the Niners twice (I know they tied but since it was at Candlestick I call that a loss for the Niners) and he drops them 4 spots???

To add insult to injury he then regurgitates the BS meme "they can't play on the road". RW's struggles on the road earlier in the season was mostly about a rookie QB learning how to lead an NFL team on the fly over the course of a season. If you're a sports analyst doing your job and you actually watch some Seahawk's games you'd recognize the maturation process this team was going through at several positions and realize those early struggles in no way define where this team is now.

Come on Brian earn your money.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings/2012/Final
    SeaWolv
    NET Starter

Re: Brian Billick...WTF
Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:37 pm
  • Another maroon :lol:
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:38 pm
  • It's called Bias . . .

or how bout this . . it's a copycat league, just call it copycat journalism, just spewing what they've heard from other mediots

just a bit of research would not lend much merit to the drone of road losses, particularly the early season losses that were all close games that we had opportunity to win
    GoHawks
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:40 pm
  • "Washington is a tough place to play"

Didn't they go like 5-3 at home this year ? So, barely cracking .500 at home makes it a tough play to play ? C'mon Brian.....the CLINK is a tough place to play.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:44 pm
  • Hawks46 wrote:"Washington is a tough place to play"

Didn't they go like 5-3 at home this year ? So, barely cracking .500 at home makes it a tough play to play ? C'mon Brian.....the CLINK is a tough place to play.

Great point, and one of those teams (the last one) happened to be the Panthers.
    Last edited by SeaWolv on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    SeaWolv
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:44 pm
  • Add Pete Prisco and Tony Kornheiser to the WTF? list
    GoHawks
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:47 pm
  • Well, the game's pretty much a coin flip though, right? We're all fans here, so we look through our own glasses and all, but would you be super surprised to see DC win it? I wouldn't. Not super-surprised, any way. It's a pick 'em! And if you mentally substitute "a great place to get jobbed" when you read "a tough place to play" some of what he says makes more sense.
    Q: “What is your thing?”
    A: “Lay back, kick back, mind my business, stay in my own lane.”
    VivaEfrenHerrera
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:52 pm
  • I love how you guys act surprised, its cute.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:57 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:I love how you guys act surprised, its cute.

I expect it from talking heads like Mike Greenberg that never played but Billick was a player and a coach and yet his reasoning is completely flawed from a logic standpoint.
    SeaWolv
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:59 pm
  • Even after we win the Superbowl, they won't pick us to win it.
    Aristotle22
    NET Starter

• VivaEfrenHerrera wrote:Well, the game's pretty much a coin flip though, right? We're all fans here, so we look through our own glasses and all, but would you be super surprised to see DC win it? I wouldn't. Not super-surprised, any way. It's a pick 'em! And if you mentally substitute "a great place to get jobbed" when you read "a tough place to play" some of what he says makes more sense.

My point wasn't so much about who's going to win in D.C. as it was about Billick's flawed reasoning for dropping the Hawks 4 places on his power ranking and then spewing BS about struggling on the road.
    SeaWolv
    NET Starter

• Billick has the worst power rankings between the big 5...CBS, Fox, ESPN, NFL, SI. His PR tend to make no sense at all.
    rdskns4eva
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:00 pm
  • Dang, so much for our BCS bid
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:03 pm
  • rdskns4eva wrote:Billick has the worst power rankings between the big 5...CBS, Fox, ESPN, NFL, SI. His PR tend to make no sense at all.

Personally I thought he had Seattle positioned correctly at #5 after week 16 but then he went and crapped the bed.
    SeaWolv
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:13 pm
  • SeaWolv wrote:
    VivaEfrenHerrera wrote:Well, the game's pretty much a coin flip though, right? We're all fans here, so we look through our own glasses and all, but would you be super surprised to see DC win it? I wouldn't. Not super-surprised, any way. It's a pick 'em! And if you mentally substitute "a great place to get jobbed" when you read "a tough place to play" some of what he says makes more sense.

My point wasn't so much about who's going to win in D.C. as it was about Billick's flawed reasoning for dropping the Hawks 4 places on his power ranking and then spewing BS about struggling on the road.

Fair enough. Power rankings should be about who's better than who, not who's going to beat who on any given day. If his rankings are supposed to be consistent, it's pretty hard to justify dropping the Hawks (or any team in the same situation) down the ladder after a victory. There's a difference between predictions and rankings, for sure.
    Q: “What is your thing?”
    A: “Lay back, kick back, mind my business, stay in my own lane.”
    VivaEfrenHerrera
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:19 pm
  • Sounds like he knows which ref crew is working the game.
    <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--> GO SEAHAWKS <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:20 am
  • Between how the game has become so fantasy sports based to actually caring what reporters even have to say, I could give a rat's ass about both things.

Just play the game. :th2thumbs: :thfight7:
    Tattooedseahawk
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:32 am
  • No use getting upset over stupid power rankings when you cant control what people say kimosabe.
    blue 22
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:36 am
  • Who cares
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:41 am
  • I want to see a win on the road against a playoff team. We haven't done that this year.

The playoff win on the road monkey is one that we need to get off our back.
    Smoke
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:43 am
  • Hawks46 wrote:"Washington is a tough place to play"

I think Billick got the teams messed up. The redskins have a tough time playing there. He's a bit confused as to which Washington the two teams will be playing in.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:47 am
  • Smoke wrote:I want to see a win on the road against a playoff team. We haven't done that this year.

:13:
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:48 am
  • It is a monkey.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:55 am
  • I call the 10-6 Bears basically a playoff team. We only had one game against a playoff team on the road this year and we lost by 7 when we only scored 6.

This team has nothing to do with the 30 years since our last road playoff win.
    SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:05 am
  • Smoke wrote:I want to see a win on the road against a playoff team. We haven't done that this year.

We beat the Bears.
    I know I know they didn't make the playoffs... but that's because we beat them.

They'd be the number 5 seed instead of us had we not won that game
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:35 am
  • I might be able to care less, but it would be hard to tell ;)
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:55 am
  • Well the Ravens have lost 4out of 5 including last week and moved up a spot. The Packers lost and moved up and tbe Vikings won and moved down two. This is shock jock reporting. Sacrificing integrity for views.
    There are also 3 teams ahead of us with worse records. Just trying to generate debate.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:56 am
  • If the hawks didn't beat certain teams, those ones would be in the playoffs now.

Seahawks have the strongest strenght of schedule in the playoffs, 4th, then the Broncos are the weakest, 28th I recall

Drop 3 or more and they won, the Rams go up in the rankings an lose, easy to notice the BS . it stinks.
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:21 am
  • Brian Billick wasn't a good coach. He's less good as a pundit.

Stop getting so concerned with what the media keeps saying.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:35 am
  • These power rankings are e-penis measurment devices for tired fat balding men who happen to get paid for their opinion. sports analysts are same damn thing as economists and politicial analysts, they all try make sense of reality using fancy but simplistic models and statistics, while completely failing to predict even the nearest future.

I cannot care less about any of those so-called experts.

Do you own research and make up your own mind. They all have been proven wrong before, many many times.
    Cheesehead Seahawk Extraordinaire
    Bipolar
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:41 am
  • Honestly I don't think he is wrong. We have really sucked on the road. 1 thing that helps us it's not at 10am so that's good. But being on the road and traveling to east this game is going to be very hard to win.
    On twitter @Blazenhawks

New Era of Seahawks football Starts Now!!!!
    Blazenhawks
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:44 am
  • CamanoIslandJQ wrote:Sounds like he knows which ref crew is working the game.

Anybody know which Ref's are working the game? Hope to god it isn't the crew from the Chicago Game.
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:37 am
  • When he wrote those, he had a gun to his head. Except for the good post by him, the gunman was getting some subway.
    TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS!!!
    Hawk-A-Loogie
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:41 am
  • I've stopped caring what the media says about this team.

What the media says about this team doesn't make this team. Our team's performance makes this team. We are a good team. A GREAT team. And we're young. Not concerned with what the media thinks.
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:41 am
  • mike and mike had us at #4.. i respect golicks's opinion a hell of a lot more than Billick... doesn't matter what any of them say fellas, it's what the team does on the field... a road victory would shut them up, until the next one of course....
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:09 pm
  • rideaducati wrote:
    Hawks46 wrote:"Washington is a tough place to play"

I think Billick got the teams messed up. The redskins have a tough time playing there. He's a bit confused as to which Washington the two teams will be playing in.

Actually Washington has one of the worst home field advantages in the league!!!!

And Shannahan is even worse as an underdog....
    zayden185
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:21 pm
  • I know how important the disrespect card is around these parts but the Seahawks are getting a lot of national acclaim. We are favored by Vegas and I have seen more analysts pick us than have picked the Redskins so far. Furthermore, a 3 point spread is small enough that you should expect to see people coming down on either side.

This should be a great game, and if you cannot comprehend outcomes in which the Redskins come out on top then I would say Brian Billick comes out looking like the more reasonable person. The posters who think the Seahawks have a 100% chance of winning on Sunday tend to be the ones who go nuclear following a loss. They assume it couldn't have been anything that the Redskins did well because they are so invested in not giving them any credit at all before the game.
    "Check out my 2012 NFL Draft Grades. I just gave the worst grade ever to Seattle." - WalterFootball.com
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:28 pm
  • GoHawks wrote:Add Pete Prisco and Tony Kornheiser to the WTF? list

Trust me: those two have lifetime memberships!
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:24 pm
  • I rarely ever listen to what they have to say. Where they list/rank teams. I mean it's cool to see Russell listed on Warner's top QBs, but meh. It's just opinions.
    Claden
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:36 pm
  • Billick is one of the biggest dip shits in the media because he thinks he is sooooo special because he was a coach. He has always been very criticle of the Hawks both in writing and when he has done any color of the Hawks games over the last 3 plus years.
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:11 pm
  • "These power rankings are e-penis measurment devices for tired fat balding men who happen to get paid for their opinion. sports analysts are same damn thing as economists and politicial analysts, they all try make sense of reality using fancy but simplistic models and statistics, while completely failing to predict even the nearest future.

I cannot care less about any of those so-called experts.

Do you own research and make up your own mind. They all have been proven wrong before, many many times."
    :13:

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:34 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information