Alfred Morris vs. Marshawn Lynch

jake206

Reaction score
I really think the game will come down to which defense can stop Alfred Morris and Marshawn Lynch. Do not overlook the success Shanahan has had with RB over the years. I still remember Roy Helu gashed Hawks defense, specifically Kam Chancellor. How much has the defense improved from the last time Hawks met Redskins offense? Hawks defense may be gashed. Fans might be a little overconfident at how good this defense is against Redskins running game. Redskins rush defense is 5th in the league, which is better than hawks rush defense (10th). I believe they were one of the few teams to slow down Adrian Peterson (79 yards) when they played.

LuvMySkins

Reaction score
The Skins run D stat is a little skewed since teams have been able to pass all over us. But they have played well against some decent backs. They also let Ray Rice have a pretty big day against them so it's not impossible that they could be run on.

themunn

Reaction score
their rush defense isn't that great, it gave up 4.2 yards a carry and only ranked so high because there was no need to run on them since their pass defense was awful

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

From what very little I seen of Morris, he reminds me of our Robert Turbin.
Marshawn runs way harder so I don't see why people compare Lynch and Morris. This has nothing to do with OP's title. Other forums I visited compared them. Maybe it's just me.

bigdaddydave

Reaction score
Why would we be able to stop Frank Gore, CJ Spiller but not Alfred Morris?

LuvMySkins

Reaction score
bigdaddydave":1ji0h569 said:
Why would we be able to stop Frank Gore, CJ Spiller but not Alfred Morris?
The same reason you didnt stop Frank Gore when they actually tried to run, AP almost rolled you for 200, and Miami ran all over you as well?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Everyone bagging on Morris is daft. Dude can ball. He runs low and tough. He reads cutback lanes better than Marshawn. It isn't a crime to admit they have really good players.

Zowert

Reaction score
It will be up to the Linebackers and Kam Chancellor to stop Morris once he blows past the D-line, which is something he makes look easy.

We'll have Brandon Browner back. So with the Browner/Sherman tandem, you can bet the Skins will run the ball a lot to open up the passing game for RG3.

I think the Seahawks can stuff up any running game in the league. It usually takes them a quarter to figure out their plan in stopping the run, but once they do, they have it under control. With that being said, this game is going to come down to how well Russell Wilson can take advantage of the Skins dreadful passing defense.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Having Browner back is key. It allows us to let our corners cover man, and use more of the defense to stop the run. We can "sell out" against the run without as much degradation to the passing game as otherwise might be the case. And we're going to need to, because Morris is a solid running back. He has a chance to be not nearly as effective when he's almost the only threat to run with RGIII slowed a bit. Sure, the Cowboys couldn't stop him, but the Cowboys couldn't stop a cat getting out of a wet paper bag. I'm surprised they were even in it so late, as horrible as they were. Of course, squeaking wins out against the dying Iggles and Panthers earlier in the season helped.

drastik

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":22scb752 said:
Having Browner back is key. It allows us to let our corners cover man, and use more of the defense to stop the run. We can "sell out" against the run without as much degradation to the passing game as otherwise might be the case. And we're going to need to, because Morris is a solid running back. He has a chance to be not nearly as effective when he's almost the only threat to run with RGIII slowed a bit. Sure, the Cowboys couldn't stop him, but the Cowboys couldn't stop a cat getting out of a wet paper bag. I'm surprised they were even in it so late, as horrible as they were. Of course, squeaking wins out against the dying Iggles and Panthers earlier in the season helped.
Have you seen teams play man against the Redskins this year?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Morris is a rising star who is an amazing young talent. The 'skins have one of the best MLBs in the game. Their young QB is a legit talent, they also have some very fast WRs.

It is arrogant for their fans to think we will get rolled by them and equally as arrogant to think we have better players at every position than them. Lets not get overconfident here, they have a very good football team.

However we are better than them on D statistically at any rate, but stats are often taken away by home field advantage. I like our physicality more than theirs but I'm a homer.

This game will be a challenge, a good close physical game. The better team on the day will get the W but both teams are looking at bright futures and will see each other again.

youngchew

Reaction score
Hawk-A-Loogie":1iokfugn said:
From what very little I seen of Morris, he reminds me of our Robert Turbin.

Marshawn runs way harder so I don't see why people compare Lynch and Morris. .

From what you just said there, its obvious you havne't seen much of Morris LOL. Morris runs just as hard as Lynch. Morris is 3rd in the NFL in yards after contact, right behind Lynch and Peterson.

Like Marshawn, Alfred Morris is a load to bring down, and he always falls forward. Also Like Lynch, Morris isn't very fast, but he's got quick feet, is patient, and makes good cuts. If you were to compare Morris to any current NFL running back, it would be Marshawn Lynch.

Watch this 3 minute highlights video of Alfred Morris. I guarantee you that you'll be impressed.

[youtube]1y03-lYvJjE[/youtube]

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I'm excited to see Morris play after all this hype, haven't seen him yet (Or RGIII either). Don't remember the last time I saw a Redskins game, probably the last time we played them I imagine.

Storts

Reaction score
This topic just makes me think about how little Lynch is being spoken about, he's still our top weapon imo

A

Anonymous

Lol Morris has more attempts, more yards and more TD's. I've always like Marshawn Lynch, but Morris is better.

dagoonie55

Reaction score
They are similiar in the fact that both our teams rely on them to set up the rest of our offense.

You hand the ball off to [enter running back name]
again
again
Fake and QB keep
hand ball off
PA pass gashes defense
hand off
rinse repeat.

They are the staple of our offenses. They can both break the long run (lynch is better at it) and power through arm tackles.

Both teams are very lucky to have said men on their rosters.

glasgow seahawks

Reaction score
CrankUpTheDiesel":10iw7kvt said:
Lol Morris has more attempts, more yards and more TD's. I've always like Marshawn Lynch, but Morris is better.

Morris has 20 attempts more, for an extra 20 yards

Bearing in mind we pulled Marshawn half way through the games v Buffallo and Arizona. I wouldnt exactly say that screams better to me. It screams to me he had more attempts for very little extra gain, and marshawn effectivley played 1 game less....We could have let marshawn pick up another 100 yards and cTouple of TD's in those games easily.

I aint saying marshawn is much better, but at this moment id take Marshawn over morris

hawker84

Reaction score
CrankUpTheDiesel":303aravf said:

ok so he's better in your opinion? Lynch is still pretty damn good, so what's your point...chances of us stopping him is greater than you stopping lynch, because your defense is mediocre.. morris doesn't concern me near as much as Garcon and Moss... damn good back but we've faced several backs just as good.

and had you put up a video with a team like SF or Denver, or STL who actually have good D's i'd be a little more impressed.

Latest posts