Haha, Seattle & D.C. mayors bet on the game

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Mayor McGinn ‏@mayormcginn
Bet with @mayorvincegray for @Seahawks vs. @Redskins game. Mayor of losing city must fly victor's flag at their city hall for one day

I desperately hope D.C. fans have to watch our beautiful logo pissing on them from the nation's capital.

Seeker

Reaction score
If we play baltimore can we wager the entire dvd set of the wire?

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Seeker":2ub83ky6 said:
DVD? What are you, a homeless guy livin' on the streets of B-more? Blu-ray that izzle.

@FortWorth: PLEASE do, if we win. I'm serious. I will PayPal you some gas money, no joke, if you get some good pics of it.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that would be the day, yeah; unless they need to arrange getting the flag, or something? I don't know.

mikeak

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2db6doa2 said:
Seeker":2db6doa2 said:
DVD? What are you, a homeless guy livin' on the streets of B-more? Blu-ray that izzle.

@FortWorth: PLEASE do, if we win. I'm serious. I will PayPal you some gas money, no joke, if you get some good pics of it.

Please send me a link of where I can buy The Wire on blu-ray............

DVD set it is :)

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
They don't have a Blu-ray release yet? Wow, HBO; stop slacking. Been waiting for them to come out with it on Blu-ray, too.

Fox0r

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":m8nzikpm said:
They don't have a Blu-ray release yet? Wow, HBO; stop slacking. Been waiting for them to come out with it on Blu-ray, too.

There will never be a Blu Ray release due to the type of film it was filmed used. The creator, David Simon, felt that filming in HD/widescreen format would compromise the gritty feel of the show.

Traxs

Reaction score
They should've made it so if they won, we put their flag on top of the needle. If we win, they drape our flag around Lincoln haha

taz291819

Reaction score
Fox0r":2mu5ls9l said:
RolandDeschain":2mu5ls9l said:

There will never be a Blu Ray release due to the type of film it was filmed used. The creator, David Simon, felt that filming in HD/widescreen format would compromise the gritty feel of the show.

Not to derail the thread, but "The Wire" was shot on 35mm, though with a 4:3 AR in mind, just like Stanley Kubrick did. Most films are shot on 35mm, they're just cropped for a certain aspect ratio. Just because it's HD doesn't mean it has to be at least 16:9, look at the Blu-Ray release of "The Wizard of Oz". It looks fantastic, even though it's 4:3.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
taz291819":27sxwfct said:
Not to derail the thread, but "The Wire" was shot on 35mm, though with a 4:3 AR in mind, just like Stanley Kubrick did. Most films are shot on 35mm, they're just cropped for a certain aspect ratio. Just because it's HD doesn't mean it has to be at least 16:9, look at the Blu-Ray release of "The Wizard of Oz". It looks fantastic, even though it's 4:3.
Bit rate is more important than most people realize, yeah. Gimme the 4:3 ratio if need be, but at 30k video bit rate, and I'm good. :)

JSeahawks

Reaction score
So anybody thinks the DC mayor is going to follow thru with this? Cant wait to see the pictures if he does it (which i doubt he will).

fsmassey

Reaction score
This reminds me of the week 1 game, when SF was @ GB. Aaron Rodgers made a bet with his friends or something, that if he lost he would wear an Alex Smith jersey for the following Monday. I don't ever recall seeing pictures, unfortunately. What a sweet win.

The Radish

Reaction score
They won't welch, National and local media are always all over those things and they will want to record it.

:les:

tdigitee

Reaction score
Any word on when they will fly the flag? I need to see some pics - I live a little ways outside of D.C. but still in Redskin country, so that would be epic!

cheers /td