Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Legit Game Tickets - How to tell
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:34 pm 
NET Rookie

Am getting ready to close the deal on some WSH/SEA tickets w/ a guy I emailed on CL. He is local and I plan to meet him in person along w/ my brother in law who will be going with me.

Just want to ensure I am "armed" to identify fake tickets. Most websites talk about/say look for dull/bland looking tickets, typos/various fonts used, bar codes, etc.

Looking for some insight from "regulars" who attend NFL games. Haven't been to a game in over 2 years.

Thanks. P.S. Sorry in advance if posted in the wrong area.

BTW, He's asking $200 for Sect 402/Row 18 or OBO. I offered $150 per, we'll see.

Post subject: Re: Legit Game Tickets - How to tell
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:01 pm 
NET Veteran

All Official NFL tickets have a hologram. Printed ones have the purchaser/owners name on them and must have an ID present.

If he has legit tickets, he should be able to trade them on NFL.com, but i have never used that and dont how it works.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:09 pm 
NET Veteran

Pay with fake money to be safe :)

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:15 pm 
NET Practice Squad

Unforunately, there isn't any way to tell. I am a Hawks season ticket holder, and I could sell someone the tickets I receive in the mail, and they would still not get someone into the stadium if I have printed a copy of the ticket from my account. The ONLY way I would ever buy from someone I don't know is if they qualify with these things.

1) Is a season ticket holder
2) Can meet me, and transfer the tickets from their season ticket holder account to my email, where I then accept them.

Once you've accepted, the previous owner loses ALL ability to copy the tickets again. You now have valid tickets sitting in your email account, just needing to be printed. If this guy seems legit, meet him at the stadium and walk up to the gate with him.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:25 pm 
NET Veteran

If the tickets have the guys name on them and he shows you his id with his address then I would be pretty confident he isn't screwing you over....

also as noted above NFL has the official trade. I don't know the additional cost of that though

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:34 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*

The hologram and the feel (glossy, thick, stiff paper; they're flimsy, but don't crease easily) should tell you fairly easily. Put a pick of legit tickets on your phone to compare against. I'd link the pic I posted of mine from the Green Bay game, but that old of stuff is already gone from the main forum.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:07 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

pretty sure none of the tickets are actual tickets, they are all print outs.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:55 pm 
* NET Recluse *
* NET Recluse *

MrsTote is right.

If the same ticket policy is in place league wide, then all playoff tickets, except the Super Bowl, will be printed
out at home. I suppose there might be a Will Call option, but I Haven't used a Will Call booth for a long time. I imagine
they do the Ticketmaster printout too.

They made that switch several years ago.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:05 am 
NET Rookie

Thanks everyone. I've found someone who is a "season ticket holder" who has tickets with his name on them. I was thinking of asking for a scanned copy of his license to ensure the names match on the ticket/ID. Payment would be through paypal. I feel fairly comfortable now after reading this thread. I am ARMED!!

Thanks again. Appreciate all the responses!

EDIT: Seller stated that he would "email" a pdf of the tickets. What's to stop him from printing a copy and getting to the game before me w/ the same tickets?

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:15 am 
NET Veteran

Seattle_Stunna_MD wrote:
EDIT: Seller stated that he would "email" a pdf of the tickets. What's to stop him from printing a copy and getting to the game before me w/ the same tickets?

Your correspondence with him that is recorded (email) and therefor would easily uphold in small claims court. So no reason to be worried.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:19 am 
NET Rookie

Cartire wrote:
Seattle_Stunna_MD wrote:

Your correspondence with him that is recorded (email) and therefor would easily uphold in small claims court. So no reason to be worried.

Awesome, whew feel much better. Really appreciate the input. You guys rock. Go Hawks! I had to play coy as a Skins fan, otherwise I doubt he would have sold them to me :)

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:17 pm 
* NET Recluse *
* NET Recluse *

Seattle_Stunna_MD wrote:

Awesome, whew feel much better. Really appreciate the input. You guys rock. Go Hawks! I had to play coy as a Skins fan, otherwise I doubt he would have sold them to me :)

Just like when Bugs Bunny had to dress like a woman to fool Daffy. The ends justify the means.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]