Consistency and Winning will bring Respect

dgleighton

Reaction score
I'm as guilty as the next "12th Man" over the years, hoping that so and so can't play for the team we are playing that week cuz that might give us the edge we need. Hoping for the lucky bounce. Score board watching for that tie breaker edge... I became a fan in 1982. One of my Seahawk memories was the AFC Championship Game against the Raiders in 1983 while I was stationed at Fort Hood Texas. The week before the game Curt Warner came out talking crap about Lyle Alzadoe and Lyle took offense and stated what he was going to do to Curt on the Tonight Show. I don't have a clear remembrance of the game just the out come and the crap I took because of my do nothing no name team that shot their mouth off but couldn't back it up.

Well here I sit today hoping for full rosters of all the starters for every team we play. I look forward to the bounces that we create and how we are going to capitalize from it. I don't give a rats about the score board. We have to do it our selves. I love the smack that is being talked by those like Sherm, hes backing it up. Running up the score they say? Step on their throat and don't give them another breath!

Other teams fans will be the way they are. Let them talk. Don't we do the same? The media is taking note though. We are seeing more and more love. Why? We have a rookie QB that EARNED the starting job and has played at a level that deserves respect. We have a rookie middle linebacker that has done the same. The offense has gotten better through out the season. The defense is tops in the league. Top of the line coach and front office. One of the best stadiums in the NFL. Great owner. All of this adds up to a top team that is getting respect through out the league and in the media. But the cold hard fact is that if they go into Washington and crap the bed (not going to happen) they will get majorly dumped on. This team won a game Sunday that they would have surely lost at the beginning of the season as well as anytime during the previous 4 seasons. This is not Curt Warner's Seahawks, as good as they were. This is Russel's team. This is Beastmode, Sherm, Cam, Red and Max's team. This team is better across the board. They even talk crap better because they back it up. Consistency and consistency winning on the road during the regular season and the playoffs that will bring consistent respect. I have no doubt that this team will be just fine!!! :thirishdrinkers: