coaching free agency

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
coaching free agency
Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:10 pm
  • I know there has been a question asked similar to this one, but i wanted to add a twist to this thread. With all the head coaching firings that have happened on black Monday, what would be your choice to improve the team or would you leave it as it is today. I will add i would like to keep Pete C and John S in place i think they are pulling the Seahawks in a positive direction.
    chawkjones
    NET Bench Warmer

Re: coaching free agency
Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:16 pm
  • possibly bring in Holmgreen????
    according to twitter he is "listening to offers" and put him in as O-coordinator, I doubt we will keep all 3, Gus, Darrell, and Cable.
    Axx
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:21 pm
  • I don't think we need any changes. We might lose a couple of coaches that we'd have to replace, but I would rather keep the coaching staff intact, as much as possible.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:08 pm
  • Most of our coaches of interest also have a tag on their title as assistant head coach as well, that means they will have to be upgraded to head coach to leave.
    Last edited by chris98251 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:14 pm
  • Axx wrote:possibly bring in Holmgreen????
    according to twitter he is "listening to offers" and put him in as O-coordinator, I doubt we will keep all 3, Gus, Darrell, and Cable.

lol tell me this is a joke :34853_doh:
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:15 pm
  • I know Cable has a history of off the field problems, but I am shocked no one has tried to interview him. Perhaps he has declined which I hope is the case. It seems to me that the offensive players (not just the linemen) hold him in very high regard even more so than Bevell. Losing him would be the biggest hit to the franchise IMO.

I'm seeing plenty of rumors that Andy Reid will be the next head coach in Arizona. I think they are trying to bring in a well respected coach but also someone who can salvage the Kolb debacle. I personally think its a bad move by them which will be good for us. His best days as a head coach are behind him IMO, much like the Big Show.
    kmedic
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:32 pm
  • therealjohncarlson wrote:
    Axx wrote:possibly bring in Holmgreen????

lol tell me this is a joke :34853_doh:

LOL ...... I've noticed a number of newbies showing up in recent months that demonstate a lack of background knowledge with their posts. I guess patience is in order.
    Last edited by Jville on Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:37 pm
  • Any good D-line coaches out there? Our lack of pass rush continues to be a problem for this team, and is an indictment of Todd Wash.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:43 pm
  • Our D-line in base packages has been built to stop the run, not rush the QB. What we really need is an effective pass rushing interior lineman, which hopefully will be addressed in the draft or free agency this offseason.
    kmedic
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:54 pm
  • Jazzhawk wrote:Any good D-line coaches out there? Our lack of pass rush continues to be a problem for this team, and is an indictment of Todd Wash.

It's my understanding that Todd Walsh and Gus Bradley are on the same page with what they want to do. I'd be surprised at any move to break up the two of them.

Philisophically, I think they want to hurry quarterback decisions and passes in search of mistakes and turnovers. That and pass coverage have priority over actual sack numbers. IMO.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:48 pm
  • Gruden!!!!!
    TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS!!!
    Hawk-A-Loogie
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:13 pm
  • I'd take Lovie Smith as a possible replacement for Bradley should he leave for a HC job somewhere, but only if he leaves his Tampa 2 defense in Chicago.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:45 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information