Redskin Fan's POV

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Redskin Fan's POV
Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:29 am
  • The poster that made the Sean Taylor comment was that lying asshole Matt Wolf, one of the guys that helped Todd start this site.

By then he had completely alienated everyone here and had his own site where he made those comments.

Somehow since he had been around here for a long time it got transfered to us. He got so many violent threats he went off the air with his own site and ran and hid at his parents on Long Beach Penn at Ocean Shores.

So that was one guy, not a fan base.

:141847_bnono:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:34 am
  • I lived in the D.C. area most of my life before moving west. I have been a Seahawk fan since 76'. One reason I started rooting for the Hawks is the obnoxious Redskin fans. My guess it is that way in any football city if you don't root for the home town. Anyways it seems like every move, draft, acquisition, they did was a road to the next super bowl. They did have a good era in the early Gibbs years but since Dan Snyder took over the have sucked. Living there couldn't get Seahawk information (although now it is a bit different with the internet thingy and all). There is a definite East Coast bias. I think the NFC East Was good for a long time but times are a changing. I feel they have a hard time grasping they are a second rate division now. Tough to admit. But I don't mind if the Hawks show them why either!

In the end I don't think skins fans are any better or worse than any other teams (although I have heard REALLY bad things about Philly).

P.S. I did get to go to a Foreskin game (in my Steve Largent Jersey) about 15-20 years ago. The Hawks dominated. I cheered but didn't go overboard. When the game was over I kept my mouth shut and left. There needs to be a level of respect when you are in opposing country. Right or wrong you have to lay low if you don't want to deal with the drunks (especially if your team wins). You don't have to but there will be lots more of them than you so do the math.
    Year of The Hawk
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:25 am
  • You'll have to forgive some of the more idiotic Skins fans. Many are delusional and egocentric about their team like many other fans around the NFL. (including Seahawks) The thing that bothers me the most about idiot Skins fans is that they are stuck in the past (Example: burggold75 on page one of this thread). Yeah, its generally those guys who's ages are 35 and up. Still talking about the Super Bowls as if they mean something now. News flash. They don't. Twenty years since a mere sniff at a Super Bowl means your team is garbage. If a Skins fan brings up the past 3 Super Bowls, it means he doesn't have a leg to stand on so he's reverting back to history. That's how you know you won the argument, unless that argument is who has the most Super Bowls. From top to bottom, Seattle has been a better franchise this past decade. They've made the playoffs a lot more than the Skins and even have wins to show for it. Hell, they were a poorly officiated game away from winning a Super Bowl, which is more than we have. We have nothing. Zilch. We had a old Gibbs 2.0 lead us to the playoffs by barely squeaking in on a Wildcard, only to get our asses stomped by Seattle. In that process, he pissed away draft picks galore, traded all-pro CBs for a RB, and signed stupid ass contracts to many players. He along with Vinny Cerrato devastated the talent and depth of this team for the future. I say all of this and I grew up watching those Super Bowl teams with Gibbs 1.0.

Finally, with the help of good management, our ship has been steered in the right direction with a great future on the horizon. We have one of the youngest teams in the NFL, and I expect them to get better. Winning the division was gravy this year, and most rationale Skins fans didn't think this was going to happen at the beginning of the season. Hell, many were calling for Shanahan's firing at the bye week. The thing about our fans is that they are just like Dan Snyder. No patience, always willing to make stupid ass moves, and generally ignorant as hell when it comes to football. The irony of it is that these same guys hate Dan Snyder for being exactly how they are. I'm sure your team has these same type of fans.

All in all, don't visit Extremeskins if you want a logical debate on the Seahawks/Redskins game. The site if packed full of idiots, and its why their moderators are constantly working the ban buttons. Too many idiots, too little time. (pretty much a signature from their head mod TK) Mind you now, there are knowledgeable people on that site that do know and understand football, it's just a shame the idiots overshadow these by their glaring stupidity.
    Last edited by SkinsFan46 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
    SkinsFan46
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:14 am
  • SkinsFan46 wrote:You'll have to forgive some of the more idiotic Skins fans. Many are delusional and egocentric about their team like many other fans around the NFL. (including Seahawks) The thing that bothers me the most about idiot Skins fans is that they are stuck in the past (Example: burggold75 on page one of this thread). Yeah, its generally those guys who's ages are 35 and up. Still talking about the Super Bowls as if they mean something now. News flash. They don't. Twenty years since a mere sniff at a Super Bowl means your team is garbage. If a Skins fan brings up the past 3 Super Bowls, it means he doesn't have a leg to stand on so he's reverting back to history. That's how you know you won the argument, unless that argument is who has the most Super Bowls. From top to bottom, Seattle has been a better franchise this past decade. They've made the playoffs a lot more than the Skins and even have wins to show for it. Hell, they were a poorly officiated game away from winning a Super Bowl, which is more than we have. We have nothing. Zilch. We had a old Gibbs 2.0 lead us to the playoffs by barely squeaking in on a Wildcard, only to get our asses stomped by Seattle. In that process, he pissed away draft picks galore, traded all-pro CBs for a RB, and signed stupid ass contracts to many players. He along with Vinny Cerrato devastated the talent and depth of this team for the future. I say all of this and I grew up watching those Super Bowl teams with Gibbs 1.0.

Finally, with the help of good management, our ship has been steered in the right direction with a great future on the horizon. We have one of the youngest teams in the NFL, and I expect them to get better. Winning the division was gravy this year, and most rationale Skins fans didn't think this was going to happen at the beginning of the season. Hell, many were calling for Shanahan's firing at the bye week. The thing about our fans is that they are just like Dan Snyder. No patience, always willing to make stupid ass moves, and generally ignorant as hell when it comes to football. The irony of it is that these same guys hate Dan Snyder for being exactly how they are. I'm sure your team has these same type of fans.

All in all, don't visit Extremeskins if you want a logical debate on the Seahawks/Redskins game. The site if packed full of idiots, and its why their moderators are constantly working the ban buttons. Too many idiots, too little time. (pretty much a signature from their head mod TK) Mind you know, there are knowledgeable people on that site that do know and understand football, it's just a shame the idiots overshadow these by their glaring stupidity.

If I could, I'd buy you a beer...you should definitely stick around after the game.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:22 am
  • '46 is from www.thehogs.net. Good dude!
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:39 am
  • Shock2k wrote:'46 is from http://www.thehogs.net. Good dude!

Nope. Not from thehogs.net
    SkinsFan46
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:45 am
  • The Radish wrote:The poster that made the Sean Taylor comment was that lying asshole Matt Wolf, one of the guys that helped Todd start this site.

By then he had completely alienated everyone here and had his own site where he made those comments.

Somehow since he had been around here for a long time it got transfered to us. He got so many violent threats he went off the air with his own site and ran and hid at his parents on Long Beach Penn at Ocean Shores.

And that was also the same guy who changed his name to "Mason" and spent the week prior to the 2008 Hawks-Giants game in NY making 9/11 jokes on his own site, which made a couple of national headlines like "Seahawk fans mocking 9/11" and whatnot. So you can understand how nobody here has wanted anything to do with that clown for a long time.
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:19 am
  • Shadowhawk wrote:
    The Radish wrote:The poster that made the Sean Taylor comment was that lying asshole Matt Wolf, one of the guys that helped Todd start this site.

And that was also the same guy who changed his name to "Mason" and spent the week prior to the 2008 Hawks-Giants game in NY making 9/11 jokes on his own site, which made a couple of national headlines like "Seahawk fans mocking 9/11" and whatnot. So you can understand how nobody here has wanted anything to do with that clown for a long time.

Reminds me of that guy who put out pictures and comments making fun of the OKC bombings when the Thunder were in the NBA Finals. Of course the media made a deal out of it and how Seattle fans were making fun of the tragedy out of anger, when in reality it was just one guy, maybe a couple other hopping on the bandwagon. Pretty lame approach if you ask me. If you want to find some idiot to say something terrible on the internet, you're going to be obliged, just stupid to assume that it can be used to make any generalizations about any group.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:57 pm
  • Im from Extremeskins. The fans there are like the websites name: Extreme.

But we're not all that way. I enjoy logic based debates so...

When you get into "My team is better than yours becasue your team sucks!", I dont have time for that garbage.
    rdskns4eva
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:01 pm
  • I think the view of Seahawk fans stem from this article in the WP back in 2008.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 02696.html

I bet you can create a article like this from a visit to any NFL stadium in the country. (including Fed Ex) Alcohol creates many problems with crazy/rabid fans.
    Last edited by SkinsFan46 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    SkinsFan46
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:03 pm
  • rdskns4eva wrote:Im from Extremeskins. The fans there are like the websites name: Extreme.

When you get into "My team is better than yours becasue your team sucks!", I dont have time for that garbage.

I think the point is you can't even have a reasonable discussion, or any discussion for that matter on the site. I'm over it, the site is meant for fan bluster which is fine. Looks like we have enough skins fans heading over here to have the reasonable debate.

Heck you can have an unreasonable debate here. The moderators pride themselves on very rarely banning people. (probably would take making threats against fans or the like).
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:05 pm
  • by the way . . . ExtremeSkins blows IMO . . . you have to be a company yes man to post there . . . if you want to see good redskins forums check out thes:

dcprosportsreport.com (good intelligent discussions, but new and not enough activity . . . yet)
    thewarpath.net (busy and mostly intelligent discussions)
    hailredskins.com (busy and mostly intelligent discussions)
    SkinsGuru
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:29 pm
  • Where is the video?
    gadgor
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:53 pm
  • SkinsFan46 wrote:You'll have to forgive some of the more idiotic Skins fans. Many are delusional and egocentric about their team like many other fans around the NFL. (including Seahawks) The thing that bothers me the most about idiot Skins fans is that they are stuck in the past (Example: burggold75 on page one of this thread). Yeah, its generally those guys who's ages are 35 and up. Still talking about the Super Bowls as if they mean something now. News flash. They don't. Twenty years since a mere sniff at a Super Bowl means your team is garbage. If a Skins fan brings up the past 3 Super Bowls, it means he doesn't have a leg to stand on so he's reverting back to history. That's how you know you won the argument, unless that argument is who has the most Super Bowls. From top to bottom, Seattle has been a better franchise this past decade. They've made the playoffs a lot more than the Skins and even have wins to show for it. Hell, they were a poorly officiated game away from winning a Super Bowl, which is more than we have. We have nothing. Zilch. We had a old Gibbs 2.0 lead us to the playoffs by barely squeaking in on a Wildcard, only to get our asses stomped by Seattle. In that process, he pissed away draft picks galore, traded all-pro CBs for a RB, and signed stupid ass contracts to many players. He along with Vinny Cerrato devastated the talent and depth of this team for the future. I say all of this and I grew up watching those Super Bowl teams with Gibbs 1.0.

All in all, don't visit Extremeskins if you want a logical debate on the Seahawks/Redskins game. The site if packed full of idiots, and its why their moderators are constantly working the ban buttons. Too many idiots, too little time. (pretty much a signature from their head mod TK) Mind you now, there are knowledgeable people on that site that do know and understand football, it's just a shame the idiots overshadow these by their glaring stupidity.

Actually, I completely agree with you. I'll recant my statement. I am more jealous that the seahawks have made the super bowl more recently than the fact the skins won 3 SBs in the 80s and 90s, I'm 37 so i grew up watching the skins a very good franchise.

I love where our team is at now with lots of future potential...as I'm sure the hawks fans feel about their team as well.

I was around here in 2005 and the combined ST death and the experience I had with seahawks fans has jaded me. However, im not worried about that now...just looking forward to a good game on sunday. who cares about strength of schedule, division strength, etc, etc..

just ready to see this one play out!
    burggold75
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm
  • SkinsFan46 wrote:I think the view of Seahawk fans stem from this article in the WP back in 2008.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 02696.html

I bet you can create a article like this from a visit to any NFL stadium in the country. (including Fed Ex) Alcohol creates many problems with crazy/rabid fans.

I remember that article when it came out: I was shocked. Understanding that playoff crowds are different then regular season (the passion is amped up 2x) and that there are always bad experiences that occur for visiting fans to any NFL stadium...still, it just didn't sound like a game played in Seattle.

Yes, bad things happened I am sure. But the point of that article was to piss off Redskins fans, nothing more. Obviously it worked, but I would expect better from the Washington Post.

.....................................................................................-Webzone Niner fan GhostOfJimmyDean
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:00 pm
  • But i will say what made me say that...when seahawk fans state they have made the playoffs like 7 or 8 times in the 2000s when the cards, rams, and 49ers were god awful...

to their credit, they constantly have to defend the strength of the NFC west..which is hard
    burggold75
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:52 pm
  • Shock2k wrote:
    rdskns4eva wrote:Im from Extremeskins. The fans there are like the websites name: Extreme.

I think the point is you can't even have a reasonable discussion, or any discussion for that matter on the site. I'm over it, the site is meant for fan bluster which is fine. Looks like we have enough skins fans heading over here to have the reasonable debate.

Heck you can have an unreasonable debate here. The moderators pride themselves on very rarely banning people. (probably would take making threats against fans or the like).

Come on Shock, the entire staff has been in training all year to ban Redskin fans!

They've really screwed up our program so far. Rockhawk is offering a huge prize for the one that bans the most in the shortest time.
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:07 pm
  • Ya, you mods really come off as total hardnosed enforcers. You guys are bunch of teddy bears. More like "Legion of Extrodinary Gentleman" then "Legion of Boom"

(Stealing your next joke) "Shock2k Banned" ~ The Raddish.
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:15 pm
  • I got banned from ES years ago when I posed the question of how Snyder keeps his woman satisfied and whether he and Vinny Cerrato were secret lovers.

You have to remember, ExtremeSkins is sponsored by the franchise and hence any comments critical of ownership or critical of the franchise are snuffed out. One thing that really put me off.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:35 pm
  • RiggoReincarnated wrote:I got banned from ES years ago when I posed the question of how Snyder keeps his woman satisfied and whether he and Vinny Cerrato were secret lovers.

You have to remember, ExtremeSkins is sponsored by the franchise and hence any comments critical of ownership or critical of the franchise are snuffed out. One thing that really put me off.

That explains a lot. Basically ES is the cult of Dan Snyder?
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:42 pm
  • RiggoReincarnated wrote:I got banned from ES years ago when I posed the question of how Snyder keeps his woman satisfied and whether he and Vinny Cerrato were secret lovers.

Holy shit. I get it now.
    Dan Snyder is not one to tolerate criticism.
    Thank you for the info.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:16 pm
  • Trenchbroom wrote:...but I would expect better from the Washington Post.

Why?
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:24 pm
  • burggold75 wrote:But i will say what made me say that...when seahawk fans state they have made the playoffs like 7 or 8 times in the 2000s when the cards, rams, and 49ers were god awful...

to their credit, they constantly have to defend the strength of the NFC west..which is hard

Fortunately, the days of having to defend the NFCW are over, at least for now.

I remember discussions some time in 2007 with NFCE fans, who continually made fun of the Seahawks because of the NFCW. My response was: say what you want about the NFCW, but the Seahawks have defeated every team in the NFCE the last two times we played each team. (At the time, it was true.) They didn't believe me until one of them looked it up.

It was a pretty good "derp" moment.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:24 pm
  • As a 40 year plus Skins fan I recognize and respect the passion u guys have for the Seahawks. May the best team win.........Here is what I see as the advantages we have going into Sunday;
    1. Home field and the related east-west travel the Hawks have to endure. I know your stadium is probably the loudest in the league, we hope to give u a dose of your own medicine!
    2. Our running game. Seeings how other than Garçon our receivers are rather pedestrian and u have a lot of tall ball hawking db's we will need to turn Morris loose like last week. Seahawks defense gives up well over 4 yards a carry.
    3. RGlll......simply put he is a natural born leader of men and inspires greatness. Add that to immence pysical talent and u have a once in a generation player. Wilson is an over-achiever. That doesn't mean he's not great, he is! He just ain't RGlll.
    4.The gold standard of fight songs...HTTR ! ( don't think this will do us a lot of good Sunday but hey we love our song! )

If you noticed I didn't list a lot of advantages! We're essentially scared s***less of the Seahawks diverse offense against our until very recently suspect D! I also fear a let down on our part after an emotional win over our hated rival.
    As I said, may the best team win.
    Fight 4 Old DC
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:34 pm
  • Fight 4 Old DC wrote:3. RGlll......simply put he is a natural born leader of men and inspires greatness. Add that to immence pysical talent and u have a once in a generation player. Wilson is an over-achiever. That doesn't mean he's not great, he is! He just ain't RGlll.

Wilson doesn't have the physical tools RGIII has, but you are sorely underestimating Wilson if you think he is any less a leader of men and inspirer of greatness than RGIII is.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:37 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:
    RiggoReincarnated wrote:I got banned from ES years ago when I posed the question of how Snyder keeps his woman satisfied and whether he and Vinny Cerrato were secret lovers.

Holy shit. I get it now.
    Dan Snyder is not one to tolerate criticism.
    Thank you for the info.

I too got canned from the official Foreskins' forum...they should rename the team "The Thinskins."

DohBoy
    DohBoy
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:05 am
  • Glad I checked back in on this thread. There ARE plenty of cool 'Skins fans after all. Glad y'all made it over to remind us that one message board does not a fanbase make.

Both these teams are rolling and our fans truly believe either team can go all the way. It really sucks that one of our seasons will be over in 4 days.
    SeahawksBMX
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:42 am
  • SeahawksBMX wrote:It really sucks that one of our seasons will be over in 4 days.

No, it doesn't. Welcome to the NFL playoffs. Every game is critical; I would not have it any other way.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:04 am
  • Fight 4 Old DC wrote:2. Our running game. Seeings how other than Garçon our receivers are rather pedestrian and u have a lot of tall ball hawking db's we will need to turn Morris loose like last week. Seahawks defense gives up well over 4 yards a carry.

There's no doubt that Morris is a huge threat, but don't let statistics fool you. While Seattle did allow 4.5 YPC over the entire year, there were only a handful of games that threw that average completely out of whack.

The @SF, MIN, @MIA, and @BUF games were where the Seahawks run D got gashed pretty significantly, which is out of character for the team, honestly. In those 4 games, opponents ran 108 times for 725 yards for a 6.7 YPC (and those were some pretty impressive run games, too... Peterson, Gore, Spiller). Those 725 yards represent nearly half (44%) of all yards gained on the ground against the Seahawks this season - in only 4 games.

In the other 12 games, teams rushed 260 times for 924 yards, which is a much more respectable 3.55 YPC, and more in line with the usual performance of the Seahawks run D. Our team has held our opponents under 100 yards rushing 11 times this year (btw, that's holding the entire opposing offense to under 100 yards rushing... not just one RB).

So the question becomes whether you think that Morris will be able to duplicate the performances seen in those 4 games versus putting up something closer to what was seen in the vast majority of Seattle games this year. And even then, of those 4 games where Seattle's run D did not perform up to their lofty standard, the Seahawks still won 2 of them (and possibly could have won 3 had the coaching staff not still had shackles on the offense).

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:19 am
  • GO HAWKS! Kill them Deadskins.
    Play like a Raven!
    baltimoreravens
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:20 am
  • baltimoreravens wrote:GO HAWKS! Kill them Deadskins.

Screw the Ravens. Go back to Cleveland and get out of Redskins territory.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:21 pm
  • baltimoreravens wrote:GO HAWKS! Kill them Deadskins.

This guy is still butthurt over that loss to us a few weeks back.
    SkinsFan46
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:36 pm
  • Most of my friends are nervous about this game just like any other playoff football game. But I told them that once Morris gets truckin', it's all good for Redskins Nation. I see us winning this game 20-16.
    'Fletch'
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:38 pm
  • Did I just see a Redskins fan say they actually LIKE the fight song?

Yeeeesh. If I were a Redskins fan, I would never admit that, and would never sing that song. Go look up the lyrics and the history of that song. They might as well have Aunt Jemima as a mascot, and sing a song about lynching slaves. That team, its fight song, its name and its mascot, are an embarrassment to the NFL.

I'm seriously amazed that Goodell hasn't stepped in and FORCED that crappy second-rate team to change its name and song lyrics. It was tasteless in the 50's and it's even worse now, in the 21st Century. The only saving grace is that the racism is so dated and tacky that it almost seems "antique" or something. You almost don't notice.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:22 pm
  • HansGruber wrote:Did I just see a Redskins fan say they actually LIKE the fight song?

Yeeeesh. If I were a Redskins fan, I would never admit that, and would never sing that song. Go look up the lyrics and the history of that song. They might as well have Aunt Jemima as a mascot, and sing a song about lynching slaves. That team, its fight song, its name and its mascot, are an embarrassment to the NFL.

I'm seriously amazed that Goodell hasn't stepped in and FORCED that crappy second-rate team to change its name and song lyrics. It was tasteless in the 50's and it's even worse now, in the 21st Century. The only saving grace is that the racism is so dated and tacky that it almost seems "antique" or something. You almost don't notice.

This is obviously smack talk, but yes, we love our fight song:

"Hail to the Redskins
    Hail Vic-Tory
    Braves on the Warpath, Fight for old DC!
    Run or pass or score we want a lot more!
    Beat 'em, stomp 'em, touchdown let the points soar!
    Fight on, fight on, til you have won, sons of Wash-Ing-Ton!
    RAH RAH RAH!
    Hail to the Redskins
    Hail Vic-Tory
    Braves on the Warpath, Fight for old DC!"

The song has been changed over the years, but the original version is long gone and this is the version that we know and love.

But I understand your point, if its about the old school version. Be rest assured, that one has been gone for a very long time :)
    KDawg_ES
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:26 pm
  • HansGruber wrote:Did I just see a Redskins fan say they actually LIKE the fight song?

Don't try to pawn off your acute PC values on everyone. Maybe back in the days of the frontier Redskins was offensive. But the times change. Words change their meaning over time. "Gay" used to jut mean happy, now it has a much different interpretation. No one in the entire Skins organization has the slightest bit of malice towards native Americans.
    A little history: In 1933 the name was coined In honor of Henry "Lone Star" Dietz a Native American and then coach of the Skins. The helmet insignia was designed by a prominent American Indian who was proud of the heritage it conveyed.
    If you really try you can find racism anywhere I guess. But don't look for it hear in Washington. ( I suppose you are appalled at the term Redskin potato )
    Fight 4 Old DC
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:33 pm
  • BlueTalon wrote:
    burggold75 wrote:But i will say what made me say that...when seahawk fans state they have made the playoffs like 7 or 8 times in the 2000s when the cards, rams, and 49ers were god awful...

Fortunately, the days of having to defend the NFCW are over, at least for now.

I remember discussions some time in 2007 with NFCE fans, who continually made fun of the Seahawks because of the NFCW. My response was: say what you want about the NFCW, but the Seahawks have defeated every team in the NFCE the last two times we played each team. (At the time, it was true.) They didn't believe me until one of them looked it up.

It was a pretty good "derp" moment.

Good point. The NFCW is certainly on the rise. I just had a good "derp" moments seeing the Oregon Duck cheerleaders in the Fiesta Bowl :shock:

wooow
    burggold75
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:43 pm
  • So much discussion regarding the Redskins mascot and the fight song. I don't really get it. Us fans grew up and our parents grew up with this mascot and it is ingrained into love of our hometown team. We love it. We love that our main rival are the Cowboys.

Indians are intimidating. The tomahawk chop is by far the coolest thing ever...I mean have you seen the Last of the Mohicans those effers are crazy
    burggold75
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:53 pm
  • Fight 4 Old DC wrote:
    3. RGlll......simply put he is a natural born leader of men and inspires greatness. Add that to immence pysical talent and u have a once in a generation player. Wilson is an over-achiever. That doesn't mean he's not great, he is! He just ain't RGlll.

This is just straight up off-base. Does that mean RGIII has been underachieving the entire second half of the season while Wilson wiped the floor with him in nearly every statistical category? Guess they came out with the same amount of wins over that span (with the help of Kirk cousins of course.)

Can't wait till Sunday!

Say what you want about pointing out the second half of the season. I want the better QB when it matters the most. we have that going into the playoffs.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... son-rg-iii
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:16 pm
  • Just wondering how RG3/Morris/Lynch did rushing against the top 15 defenses.
    REDvBLUE.jpg
    REDvBLUE.jpg (80.62 KiB) Viewed 1269 times
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:30 pm
  • Fight 4 Old DC wrote:
    Don't try to pawn off your acute PC values on everyone. Maybe back in the days of the frontier Redskins was offensive. But the times change. Words change their meaning over time. "Gay" used to jut mean happy, now it has a much different interpretation. No one in the entire Skins organization has the slightest bit of malice towards native Americans.
    A little history: In 1933 the name was coined In honor of Henry "Lone Star" Dietz a Native American and then coach of the Skins. The helmet insignia was designed by a prominent American Indian who was proud of the heritage it conveyed.
    If you really try you can find racism anywhere I guess. But don't look for it hear in Washington. ( I suppose you are appalled at the term Redskin potato )

We're supposed to attack the post, not the poster, so let me lead with the fact this one of the dumbest things I have ever read, and I've read Youtube comments. The mental gymnastics required to create this kind of stupidity would win a gold medal at the summer olympics.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:31 pm
  • Considering the people at extremeskins.com say anyone calling Sean Taylor a thug is racist, and that thug is a "racially-charged term", I find Fight 4 Old DC's post pretty amusing.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:52 pm
  • I learned to appreciate the NFCW this week. I used to be annoyed, living in Nor-Cal(9er country) and being a hawk fan.

After dealing with the Redskin fans this week, I am so happy we aren't in the NFCE. Skin fans are the worst....I'm not shouting any obscenities, I am not being a jerk....I am just calling it as I see it...Redskin fans are the most blind homers I've ever dealt with.

I am a honest fan, plus I am superstitious. So I never talk crap about another team, I am always 100% respectful, and have no problem admitting a opposing team is better then my Hawks...but these guys....GEEEEEZ!....just...jeez :229031_banghead:
    XLVIII - 2014 - Champions
    checkdanews
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:58 pm
  • Fight 4 Old DC wrote:A little history: In 1933 the name was coined In honor of Henry "Lone Star" Dietz a Native American and then coach of the Skins

Many, many people around these parts know about Lone Star Dietz, as he coached the Cougs to their only Rose Bowl win. Way back in the day...

That said, times (and sensibilities) change. I find it a bit ironic that the nation's capital, home to the government that broke so many Native treaties, is also home to the "Redskins." But then again, when you now have nary a Native American presence in the District and Delmarva, it's easy to be so dismissive. Perhaps you forget that the Pacific Northwest has many proud Native nations and taking offense to such a slur is not simply dismissed as "PC."

BTW: Is Dan "Little Man Syndrome" Synder still pursuing legal action against a writer for, in his opinion, using an anti-Semitic caricature in a piece about him? There's certainly a bit of irony in that...no?

DohBoy
    Last edited by DohBoy on Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    DohBoy
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:17 pm
    DohBoy
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:10 pm
  • Fight 4 Old DC wrote:
    HansGruber wrote:Did I just see a Redskins fan say they actually LIKE the fight song?

That would seem really heartwarming and even humanitarian if Dietz hadn't been forced to wear a feather headdress and face makeup during games where he was the coach. He wasn't even native American. Did he ever dress like a clown? I actually know a few native Americans and they get kinda annoyed when you start talking about face paint and feathered headdresses. Why not tell your head coach to yodel and wave his hand in front of his mouth when sending in plays? Tell me with a straight face that that kind of behavior isn't grimace-inducing. It'd be hilarious if this was an episode of south park.

I'll repeat myself: It is crass and tasteless that the NFL hasn't already forced that team to change its racist name. Whats next? The LA Negroes? Ugh.

The fact that east coasters don't even realize why it's so distasteful just adds to the sick humor. You can't possibly be that thick.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:19 pm
  • And just to add to the flames:

I know a lot of Native Americans and not one of them has a name like Dietz. Maybe you could enlighten us and tell us what tribe named its children with a European name like Dietz? The Hansel Tribe? They lived on the shores of the Rhine and hunted wild beaver on the backs of Reindeer. Perhaps you have heard of them?
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:39 pm
  • HansGruber wrote:And just to add to the flames:

I know a lot of Native Americans and not one of them has a name like Dietz. Maybe you could enlighten us and tell us what tribe named its children with a European name like Dietz? The Hansel Tribe? They lived on the shores of the Rhine and hunted wild beaver on the backs of Reindeer. Perhaps you have heard of them?

You really should do a little homework before spouting off......especially since he has so much history with your fair state. He was the son of a full blooded Sioux mother and German father. He played football at Carlisle Indian Industrial School and was a teammate of Jim Thorpe. He is still revered at Washington State where I believe he was the last coach to win a championship there.
    Fight 4 Old DC
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:42 pm
  • Fight 4 Old DC wrote:
    HansGruber wrote:Did I just see a Redskins fan say they actually LIKE the fight song?

So are you saying that your team is really named after potatoes? That would be the coolest thing I've heard all day.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:19 pm
  • Fight 4 Old DC wrote:
    HansGruber wrote:And just to add to the flames:

You really should do a little homework before spouting off......especially since he has so much history with your fair state. He was the son of a full blooded Sioux mother and German father. He played football at Carlisle Indian Industrial School and was a teammate of Jim Thorpe. He is still revered at Washington State where I believe he was the last coach to win a championship there.

Oh my bad.

Im sure the Sioux would have been proud watching one of their own, on that NFL sideline, wearing a headdress and face paint. Dietz himself said he hated it but he was probably lying. Tons of natives in the 1950s would have been proud to coach the last segregated nfl team while being forced to wear a headdress and face paint. Because that's what all Indians do. When they're not dancing with wolves.

Right?
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:27 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information