2010 v 2012

themunn

Reaction score
I know we made the playoffs in both, and actually won the division in 2010, but I was reading an article about how different the two teams are, and one statistic jumped out at me - I remember we lost a lot of blowout games so the fact that our 9 losses were by an average of 21 points didn't really surprise me, but it made me think about how close we were this year, and in fact, our 5 losses this year came by a TOTAL of 24 points.

I know we say that Carroll and Schneider turned the team around in 3 years, but really he turned it around in 2, even that 2010 team was turned over by a fair margin - only 15 players are still with the team that were on the final roster (4 more on IR).

To think if that's how much they've improved the team in 2 years, what are we going to look like in 2 more?

travlinhawk

Reaction score
I think like anything else that needs major improvement; the first and biggest lift comes early on and the remaining comes in much smaller and harder to get chunks. Don't get me wrong, we will definitely improve, but not at the same rate of ascent.

Giblien

Reaction score
I was thinking last night (ok ok...I was dreaming about the Seahawks again), we only have 3 people on our current roster from the 09 season (Mebane, Hill and Tru). The fact that we were 5-11 that season, and in just three seasons with 50 NEW PLAYERS we are now 11-5 and in good shape to make a big run into the playoffs, I mean...How incredible a feat is that? Again hats off to PC and JS.

BadGuy711

Reaction score
Giblien":m5tjj0ja said:
I was thinking last night (ok ok...I was dreaming about the Seahawks again), we only have 3 people on our current roster from the 09 season (Mebane, Hill and Tru). The fact that we were 5-11 that season, and in just three seasons with 50 NEW PLAYERS we are now 11-5 and in good shape to make a big run into the playoffs, I mean...How incredible a feat is that? Again hats off to PC and JS.

The amazing part is that it was done with limited draft capita. We only had one pick in our 2 year rebuild in the top 10 selections.