On this eve of 2013 - Thanks .NET

RockHawk

Reaction score
My .NET Family,
As we close out 2012 we look back at what may be one of the most memorable years we've ever had as Seahawks fans, I wanted to personally say thank you.

- Thank you first and foremost to the Godfather, Aros. This always has been, and always will be your baby. Without you and your love of the Seahawks (and your fellow 12th man) we wouldn't exist. The world is a better place for what you've created here my friend, and you should feel proud. Thank you for .NET

- Next, thank you to all of the staff we've had throughout the years. It takes a special kind of person to donate their own free time to a website without anything in return, and you all should be commended for that. The admins, mods, chat staff, writers, editors, and everyone else who make this the best place for Seahawks talk & info, I thank you. Special shout-outs to Kidhawk, Kitsapguy, Dfarrar, AbsolutNET, Anguish, and Sadhappy for their big-time contributions.

- Above all other staff; thank you to the legend, and my friend, Mr Radish. Les, you've given more to this community than anyone could expect, and in return, you've created lasting friendships with hundreds of people over the years. Some online, but some in the real world too. This community wouldn't be the same without you. You are the soul of .NET

- To the lifers, members of .NET from the beginning dating back to the mid to late 90's. You guys have no lives, but you helped build this thing to the thriving community it is. People come and go, but I want to thank you for your contributions, and especially those that still frequent the board.

- To my wife and kids, who have to deal with a dad/husband that can sometimes get pulled away from their time to take care of a silly website (one that my wife still secretly wishes I'd put up ads so she can buy a new SUV). It's always been a labor of love for me, but a sacrifice for them and I thank them for it. My hope is that regardless of what happens to this beast in 10, 20, or 50 years from now, even if it fades away to obscurity, my son & daughter can look back on it as the thing that helped dad form a bond and friendships that never die. Thanks guys, and know thousands of Seahawks fan appreciate you for your support.

- Thank you to those of you that have not only spent your time and efforts for the site, but your hard-earned dollars as well. Your donations have made this thing run for all these years, and they continue to do so to this day. To those using the Amazon link to purchase your items, thank you and it's a big help. The BIGGEST thank you to those that donate directly to us, especially Gold, Platinum, and top 5 supporters whom have given hundreds of dollars individually over the years. Thank you for making sure I'm not flipping the bill for constantly-rising hosting costs as we reach millions of site visits (and saving me from divorce as a result!).

- And finally, to all of you. Since relieving capt Aros and taking over the wheelhouse 5 years ago, we've gone from a niche website with hundreds of rabid posters to a thriving International community hosting hundreds of thousands of people from around the world. The growth has brought us hundreds of "regulars" that we know and love based only upon an avatar, signature, and personality but also thousands of "lurkers" and readers each day. It's gone from a place for people to chat about Seahawks to one of the largest and most-viewed Seahawks information website on the internet (#2 recently in Seahawks-related sites). Thank you for not only being .NET, but doing great things like self-policing the forums to keep us in line, welcoming new posters with open arms, and giving us (staff) suggestions on how we can improve. Thank you .NET!

As we roll into 2013 and a very exciting playoff run, we look forward to what will be coming with excitement. Not only with the team, but our little niche corner of the internet. You can look forward to a complete redesign of the site, as well as a contest to submit ideas for the new .NET logo & pattern with an unbelievable prize (hint: it's Big Walt related).

To all of us, I say thank you for making our community the home it is. I look forward to many more days of humor, intelligence, arguing, frustration, and everything else this place is in 2013. And in the immortal words of Mr Russell Wilson,

GO HAWKS!!!

Mark

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Thank you, Mark! From time spent in various states occupied by rabid fans of opposing teams, to far-flung places across the globe, believe me when I say this is more than just another Internet site. It's a home away from home.

And five years? I could swear it's been no more than two years and a few hundred posts!

SundayNiteBlackout

Reaction score
Thanks Mark, this is my all time favorite website, and one that I have made a part of everyday life for something like 8 or 9 years (back to scout). Here is to the new year, and many more! Go Hawks!
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

chris98251

Reaction score
Crap you stole all my good material Rock, now I will just have to say to all of you thanks for being here and giving my wife something else to complain about:)

Looking forward, with success comes more and more challanges for all the staff to keep the quality of this place up to par. It's why it has survived so long and why it still has the "IT" factor. Having been a MOD I know with success comes a lot of police work, members here can make our staffers job a lot easier if we use a bit of thought when it comes to our competition coming in trying to stir stuff up. PM someone rather then get into a flamewar helps them and us a lot just as an example.

God Bless all of you and heres looking forward to a great memory of 2012 nd looking forwardto 2013.

Happy New Year!

Chris

Seatownbully

Reaction score
Hi there. I am one of those lurkers that decided to join in on the fun. I agree, this is the best fan site I have seen anywhere. The look and style is top notch along with lots of smart and informed members out there. I have learned a lot and look forword to contributing to the board. Thanks to the people that put the time and effort into making it a great site to be proud of. I will be donating soon to show my appreciation. I spent a bunch of money on Amazon this season and used the link provided earlier. That was a great idea. Thanks again and Happy New Year.

Da Bully :thfight7:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I remember it like it was yesterday.

After a decade of running .NET I was tired. It was always about the folks that helped make the site what it was, but my management skills had run dry. I was no longer interested or motivated to run a Seahawks site with staff. I was only motivated to be a Seahawks fan again, fitting right in with all the other poor sods. There was a point that I could have sold this site for a shiny penny. Who knows? Perhaps I could have really made something of myself. But in the end, all that ever mattered to me was keeping the integrity of this site alive at all costs.

This is where Mark steps in.

I sold the site to Mark on one condition. Do NOT -- under ANY circumstances -- ever change what we have going here. Maintain the integrity of the community at all costs.

From that day forward, he has never let me, or any of you, down.

Mark is a humble guy who will refuse to take any credit for the success of .NET and that is precisely why I know I sold the site to the right person. In the end, Mark is the reason .NET is thriving. I may have been the fire starter but he's been the one keeping the flame alive. Mark, my sincerest thanks to you and your famliy (as I know the sacrifice more than anyone here) and may you continue to keep the flame alive.

grizbob

Reaction score
RockHawk":1femfot7 said:
My .NET Family,
As we close out 2012 we look back at what may be one of the most memorable years we've ever had as Seahawks fans, I wanted to personally say thank you.

- Thank you first and foremost to the Godfather, Aros. This always has been, and always will be your baby. Without you and your love of the Seahawks (and your fellow 12th man) we wouldn't exist. The world is a better place for what you've created here my friend, and you should feel proud. Thank you for .NET

- Next, thank you to all of the staff we've had throughout the years. It takes a special kind of person to donate their own free time to a website without anything in return, and you all should be commended for that. The admins, mods, chat staff, writers, editors, and everyone else who make this the best place for Seahawks talk & info, I thank you. Special shout-outs to Kidhawk, Kitsapguy, Dfarrar, AbsolutNET, Anguish, and Sadhappy for their big-time contributions.

- Above all other staff; thank you to the legend, and my friend, Mr Radish. Les, you've given more to this community than anyone could expect, and in return, you've created lasting friendships with hundreds of people over the years. Some online, but some in the real world too. This community wouldn't be the same without you. You are the soul of .NET

- To the lifers, members of .NET from the beginning dating back to the mid to late 90's. You guys have no lives, but you helped build this thing to the thriving community it is. People come and go, but I want to thank you for your contributions, and especially those that still frequent the board.

- To my wife and kids, who have to deal with a dad/husband that can sometimes get pulled away from their time to take care of a silly website (one that my wife still secretly wishes I'd put up ads so she can buy a new SUV). It's always been a labor of love for me, but a sacrifice for them and I thank them for it. My hope is that regardless of what happens to this beast in 10, 20, or 50 years from now, even if it fades away to obscurity, my son & daughter can look back on it as the thing that helped form a bond and friendships that never do. Thanks guys, and know thousands of Seahawks fan appreciate you for your support.

- Thank you to those of you that have not only spent your time and efforts for the site, but your hard-earned dollars as well. Your donations have made this thing run for all these years, and they continue to do so to this day. To those using the Amazon link to purchase your items, thank you and it's a big help. The BIGGEST thank you to those that donate directly to us, especially Gold, Platinum, and top 5 supporters whom have given hundreds of dollars individually over the years. Thank you for making sure I'm not flipping the bill for constantly-rising hosting costs as we reach millions of site visits (and saving me from divorce as a result!).

- And finally, to all of you. Since relieving capt Aros and taking over the wheelhouse 5 years ago, we've gone from a niche website with hundreds of rabid posters to a thriving International community hosting hundreds of thousands of people from around the world. The growth has brought us hundreds of "regulars" that we know and love based only upon an avatar, signature, and personality but also thousands of "lurkers" and readers each day. It's gone from a place for people to chat about Seahawks to one of the largest and most-viewed Seahawks information website on the internet (#2 recently in Seahawks-related sites). Thank you for not only being .NET, but doing great things like self-policing the forums to keep us in line, welcoming new posters with open arms, and giving us (staff) suggestions on how we can improve. Thank you .NET!

As we roll into 2013 and a very exciting playoff run, we look forward to what will be coming with excitement. Not only with the team, but our little niche corner of the internet. You can look forward to a complete redesign of the site, as well as a contest to submit ideas for the new .NET logo & pattern with an unbelievable prize (hint: it's Big Walt related).

To all of us, I say thank you for making our community the home it is. I look forward to many more days of humor, intelligence, arguing, frustration, and everything else this place is in 2013. And in the immortal words of Mr Russell Wilson,

GO HAWKS!!!

Mark

Thanks to you Mark and HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

One question though, you mean the internet isn't the real world??!! :shock:

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone and Happy New Years to everyone. Best of luck in 2013.
This site is amazing, and everyone has a part in that.

sutz

Reaction score
Thanks Todd and Mark and Les, and all the Mods over the years.

You're Number 12 in my eyes!

Happy New Year, and looking forward to more.

GO HAWKS!!!!

The Radish

Reaction score
Thanks Mark for the more than kind words. My experiences here through the years have been life shaping.

I've seen a lot come and go since 1998 but none affected me more than a comment from Justin Minne in our Happy New Years thread. "Happy New Years Uncle Les". Having known him since his age 15 to a responsible adult makes any amount of time spent here more than worth it. We've never met face to face but I relish knowing him.

To all the other moderators and admins that put up with my constant barrage of posts in the mod forum, major thank you.

And especially thanks to all you posters whom I have been blessed to have conversations with. Happily most of them wind up being friendly comments. lol

:les:

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
A huge heart felt thank you to all of the admins and to Rock and Aros for providing all of us with this awesome website. Happy New Year to my .Net extended family and hopes for a great 2013 beginning (of course) with the hoisting of the Lombardi Trophy!

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Mark, Thank for all you've done and for helping to make thing thrive here. I spend way too much time here, but then, almost everyone here can say that.

godawg

Reaction score
Mark, you have helped to make this a great year for the 12th man. The site is always a good place to visit. Thanks, and good luck to all of us in 2013.

Seattle_Stunna_MD

Reaction score
Thanks for the hardwork on the site everyone. Just recently came upon it, but I can already tell its a well run, professional forum. Keep up the good work. I love this place.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
I've been hanging around .net for 6 or 7 years now, and though I don't post too much, I'm on here multiple times just about every day. One of these days I promise I'm going to donate. I owe it to this place.

sam1313

Reaction score
I agree with everything that Mark said, and would just like to add my thanks to Mark, past and present staff, and every member of this board too. I love this place, and appreciate all who have contributed to its greatness.