Seahawks vs Redskins

Twisted

Reaction score
very tough game for me, my loyalty is with the Seahawks but I have been a skinnies fan since I was a kid..

I said earlier in the season redskins are a team to watch out for in the playoffs and that the Giants never make it back after a superbowl win, nuther team I said would make it, Denver Broncos, only team I missed was the Dolts, just didn't think they would pull through so props to them..

Seahawks surprised me after the fist 8 games I thought it would be real close and I actually predicted if the Seahawks were going to win the division they needed to beat the niners both games, I was boo'd, oh well....

my take is Seattle has to contain the Redskins run game and not let receivers get open deep, protect the flats and hit RG HARD!!!!

offense is the same, do not turn the ball over, special teams plays great and the punter has a good day they should be OK..

RG may come out of the game if he is hit enough, just one hard one will jar that cartilage loose and make breathing very difficult for the young QB, I know this might be cruel but keep your hits to his mid section and he will be dumping the ball off early and his running game will be nil..

I know thats a bad game plan but hey he is the one thats decided to play injured and the Hawks are a hard hitting aggressive team, they shouldn't have to lift one bit cuz Griffin is making a poor choice, if anything the Hawks should be there to explain to Griffin why playing against the Hawks when he is injured is a very, very poor decision..

so for me and as much as I like the Skins, please, hit him harder and more often in the mid section, let him know God doesnt play QB for the Washington Redskins...

Thank You

GO HAWKS!!!

knownone

Reaction score
Are you implying the only way to beat Washington is to injure RG3? or am I reading this wrong.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Redskins Success:
Provide Moderate Run Defense
Stop Pierre Garcon (no, I don't think he's Alfred Morris)

Record with Garcon(Healthy) = 8 and 0
Record without Garcon = 2 and 6

OP
OP
Twisted

Twisted

Reaction score
knownone":k4d0uxqx said:
Are you implying the only way to beat Washington is to injure RG3? or am I reading this wrong.

reading it wrong, I'm just saying don't let up because he is lame, in fact let him know playing against the Hawks while he is injured is a poor choice.. ;)

shouldnt be hard to contain his run, I'm more worried about his passing, he will most likely be staying in the pocket looking for quick short passes due to his inability to sprint effectively, and with Seattle's quickness on the defense you have to know thats going to be their game plan?

1. control the clock
2. avoid 3rd down situations
2. utilize play action

if Hawks can stop their run game I think they will have a good day

aside from all purpose yards and long rush (morris not in the top 10) the Washington Redskins are among the leaders in almost every rushing category there is..

1. rushing yrds... morris #2 w/1613, yup he beat out Marshawn for the #2 spot by 23 yards, (why I said Marshawn has to step it up to get the #2 spot)

2. rushing att's... morris #2 w/335, yes they like to give him the ball

3. rushing TD's... morris #2 w/13, morris can score in the red zone

4. yds/rushing att's... Robert Griffin #1 w/6.8 pc, morris #9 w/4.8 pc, this team runs the ball

5. yds rushing per game, morris #2 100.8 per game

6. rush/receive TD's, morris #3 in a 3 way tie with 13 APTD's, they will throw to morris in the end and red zone

all of this equates to the Skins being a run first team, with RG hurt and knowing the Seahawks will be focusing on morris and RG they will almost have to design a passing attack and have a back up plan if morris can not get the run game going..

all I am saying is contain morris, let RG know he is going to get hit hard early and often the Hawks will almost certainly force the Skins into a throwing game?

the question is who will be RGs targets?

seems to me if RG is not mobile he will be throwing quick short passes, into the flat, screens, shovels whatever, and who would be the best choice as a receiver?

most likely morris, RG leads in pass/att yrds with 8.1 and is also #2 in long pass w/88 yrds so he likes to throw medium to deep as well... this is where Hawk defenders come in and shut em down! critical!!!

close down the long pass, force him to throw short, lead off and hit that short stuff hard, knock the ball out.. Skins will have a long day...

Seahawks D gets some defensive scores they should advance but shutting down the morris and RG run show will be key... :th2thumbs:

Shock2k

Reaction score
Redskins #1 Reciever last 7 of 8 games = Pierre Garcon.

The teams are almost identical if you take into account strength of schedule. So it may simply come down to turnovers, which would tend towards favoring the Seahawks, but again, as a road game against a quality opponent, it also almost becomes dead even.

OP
OP
Twisted

Twisted

Reaction score
Shock2k":i3nu5kr8 said:

The teams are almost identical if you take into account strength of schedule. So it may simply come down to turnovers, which would tend towards favoring the Seahawks, but again, as a road game against a quality opponent, it also almost becomes dead even.

yup, I think ball control and clock management will become key, special teams and Leon need to step it up too.. that and lets hope the officials don't start manipulating momentum right off the bat with their obnoxious and horribly thrown flags..

nothing gets in my craw deeper than a crooked zebra! :twisted:

Shock2k

Reaction score
To your point, ff all the drama in the St. Louis game, the special teams play was most disturbing. They looked like a completely different unit from the rest of the season. Since when does John Ryan kick a low/short punt to the 20 at home. I was hoping our lack of succes son ST was based on the quality of St. Louis or an abhoration. Luckily I trust the coaching staff now, and assume it will be fixed by the time we get into Washington.

OP
OP
Twisted

Twisted

Reaction score
yea that was a disturbing punt, can't see why it would be intentional? then there was the muffed onside kick, has to go 10 yrds boys!!!

considering how hard they have been playing lately you had to know there was a low coming, lets pray that was it..

Shock2k

Reaction score
Good point, I'm going to go with a "must hit a low point" angle also. (Or at least a I trust the coaching staff angle).

By the way, did you see Carroll give a little verbal "what the hell" to Ryan after that kick? You know a coach is mad when he goes out of his way to yell at the punter.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Shock2k":nunq5cpv said:

According to Football Outsiders, the Seahawks played the 4th toughest schedule and Redskins played the 15th toughest schedule.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
Pete said John was super sick, and barely made it to the game.... said he was a trooper for even being on the field...

OP
OP
Twisted

Twisted

Reaction score
hawks4thewin":1kq1ku39 said:
Pete said John was super sick, and barely made it to the game.... said he was a trooper for even being on the field...

nah didn't hear about that, lets hope Ryan and the special teams are up to snuff this Sunday ginst the Skinnies, we might need a couple good points to land on the 1 or 2 to bury RG for a safety... or 6... :shock:

GO HAWKS!!!

Shock2k

Reaction score
hawks4thewin":10sdk8s5 said:

Thanks for that. John Ryan is absolute money, it was a real big WTF moment watching him. It all makes sense now.