Football Outsiders final rankings, Seahawks on top

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • pinksheets wrote:Can people who hate stats stop coming into threads about stats to tell us how meaningless stats are?

Even as somebody who hates all the advanced stats (I prefer the eye test, and just watchin football, and I dont care about all this DVOA stuff etc, etc) I totally agree with you.

There's enough different content on this board for everybody, enjoy what you enjoy, no need to rag on or complain about the stuff you dont enjoy. From the thread title its obvious what this topic would be about and nobody is forced to click upon it.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• kearly wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:Can people who hate stats stop coming into threads about stats to tell us how meaningless stats are?

Thank you. Frankly I don't understand the surge in anti-intellectualism this board has seen the last month. We have a ground breaking team at every level- players, coaches, and front office. Advanced metrics (Advanced NFL stats, PFF, FO, etc) love our team, and those metrics pass the eyeball test in flying colors. Smart people are saying very nice things about our team right now. Why not embrace it?

'Cause back in my day, ya stood in line for 4 hours in the freezing cold to get a seat on the steel bleachers to watch your team on a Sunday. For a nickel, you got a seat, a game program, a box of popcorn and a whoopin'. We didn't have no fancy stats. The Quarterback ran the ball, the halfback ran the ball, most players played offense and defense, and you were lucky if you got to see more than one touchdown a game. And that's the way it was and WE LIKED IT!
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:26 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information