Black Monday Impact?

tdlabrie

Reaction score
I know that the Seahawks aren't looking to fire anybody. But with soooo many openings around the league, you would think some of those coach/GM searches would look to Seattle, especially with our continued growth and success.

Anybody know (or heard a rumor) of any coach or front office guy we might be in danger of losing? Head coach or even down the ladder?

Thanks.

LawHawk

Reaction score
I would think Cable would be a very strong candidate, with Bradley and Bevell also considered. I would be shocked if Cable is still with us next year. He will surely have an opportunity at least at the OC level if not head coach.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I don't think any coaches will leave. They have a great deal here I believe. Great fans, owner, stadium and team. Allen has the ability to match or better any offer he wishes. If we win the SB one might leave until then the job is not done

The Radish

Reaction score
As I mentioned elsewhere unless the rules have changed this year as long as we continue winning they can't talk to our coaches as they will be busy with the teams presentation.

So let some of those come from teams already out.

I too doubt Cable will leave here after one season.

:les:

SeahawkGeoff

Reaction score
LawHawk":hjmh0u0w said:
I would think Cable would be a very strong candidate, with Bradley and Bevell also considered. I would be shocked if Cable is still with us next year. He will surely have an opportunity at least at the OC level if not head coach.

I'm thinking the same thing. I will say he deserves it just from wait he did in oakland this just adds more to his credentials. I hope he stays for a few more years.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I'll be surprised if Cable is not here next year. He might interview, but I think he'll decide to stay here for a year or two. We're on the cusp of something great here, and I think he'll choose to be part of it, at least for a while. Remember, he came here after being the head coach of a dysfunctional franchise. Given the juxtaposition of that experience with this one, I can't help but think he won't be all that eager to jump into another reclamation project.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I am guessing Norton gets interviewed due to "the rule" and the success of our LBer's. I don't think he leaves. We may see the same with Kris Richard. I am guessing Cable is a guy that certain teams would want, like perhaps Arizona. But something tells me they will look for a QB guru like Andy Reid or try to talk Holmgren out of retiring since he has a place in AZ (or at least did).

Looking at today makes me laugh at how many guys even up through the preseason said Pete was toast and Schneider should be axed for "not addressing the QB position satisfactorily." Many were mad that they didn't go get Kolb last season. I'm starting to think they knew what they were doing. Now how many coaches would still have jobs if they had done exactly what Pete and John did in acquiring Flynn and drafting Wilson? Something tells me Whisenunt wouldn't have been canned. Shurmur may still have a job. Crennel would be in a much more likely to maintain his job position. That's at least 3 guys that are now out of work that did a worse job than P/J, so I guess our guys aren't as bad as some made them out to be.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
If we lose coaches I wont lose any sleep. Yes, continuity is good, but sometimes new, fresh ideas are even better.

As long as we keep Pete Carroll and John Schneider the rest doesnt matter. If one of our guys gets a head coaching gig, so long and good luck to him!

pehawk

Reaction score
Bevell and Bradley could be possibilities for SD only, imo. They go on the cheap and try to reel in naïve types.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind someone poaching Bevell. Bradley, I want to stay, but there are some points of concern. We play soft zone in some of the most mind-boggling situations. Still, he has our defense playing at an elite level without much of a pass rush, and that is impressive.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I'm more excited by the released NFL players who will be flooding the market once the new coaches start remaking their rosters. You just know Pete and John can't wait to start churning again.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Say Bevell goes, who do you want calling our "O". I say steal the guy from Baylor if you're looking at college guys.... or perhaps Shurmur or Whisenunt. Whiz is terrible at developing QB's, but seems fine when he has a good one there as far as playcalling goes. I thought Shurmur did a pretty good job when he was just an OC, not so much as a HC, but we have talent here and I think he could do pretty well. As long as we don't hire Eric Mangenius, I'll be happy.

pehawk

Reaction score
Agreed on Shurmur and Whiz.

But, early reports are Wiz is ALREADY on Buffalo's list. I think that'd be a good hire by Buffalo, he might have a shot there. Maybe.

Shurmur was pretty impressive as an OC. Very limited talent and a rookie Bradford.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":bktlenpr said:
I wouldn't mind someone poaching Bevell. Bradley, I want to stay, but there are some points of concern. We play soft zone in some of the most mind-boggling situations. Still, he has our defense playing at an elite level without much of a pass rush, and that is impressive.
You bet,,It's the "Bend Don't Break" that is frustrating to watch sometimes, but our Coaching can't be doing too much wrong by going with this concept. :th2thumbs: , if it ain't broke don't try'n fix it.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":qw7y2sz8 said:
I'm more excited by the released NFL players who will be flooding the market once the new coaches start remaking their rosters. You just know Pete and John can't wait to start churning again.
I was thinking the exact same thing. We use 3-4 and 4-3 type guys, and when some of those teams change coaches they change schemes, which means only good things for us as vultures.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Read the moronic comments at the end of that Wilson article. Guys are saying that teams didn't miss, it wasn't their fault, that Wilson was "rated a 4th, 5th, or 6th round player". Who the hell do they think is rating those players at those draft positions? It's the teams you idiots. They felt Wilson was a 4th, 5th, 6th round or worse talent. That is why they got fired. They can't see talent. John Schneider actually saw Russ as a 1st round talent but knew he could get him in the 2nd... Pete talked him back to the 3rd. Brilliant move. Got Wagner and Wilson for the price of just Wilson if Schneider had taken him at 2. May have gotten the best offensive and defensive rookie out of that one decision. THAT is why it is black monday for so many front offices and coaches. I think the average NFL fan is getting dumber and dumber with each passing day. They are using draft grades created by those same guys as justification for keeping their jobs by waiting on him in the 5th or 6th where they thought they could pick him, because they said he was only worth a fifth or sixth. That makes zero sense to anybody with a brain.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
SharkHawk":chw323u9 said:
Looking at today makes me laugh at how many guys even up through the preseason said Pete was toast and Schneider should be axed for "not addressing the QB position satisfactorily." Many were mad that they didn't go get Kolb last season. I'm starting to think they knew what they were doing.
You know what's crazy-scary-wild-insane-cool about that? We're only three years into Pete Carroll's four year rebuilding plan!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
BlueTalon":3ds6ecso said:
You know what's crazy-scary-wild-insane-cool about that? We're only three years into Pete Carroll's four year rebuilding plan!

Papa Pete's an older man, you can't blame him for premature success... :lol: