Seahawks are respected and a likeable team on East Coast

Sentrix

Reaction score
I live in New York, and judging by the attitude of alot of .NET'ers I can tell that maybe this will come as a slight shock, but I've been chatting with a fair amount of football fans this morning (all of them Bills, Giants, Eagles, or Steelers fans) and the majority of them are picking the Seahawks to beat Washington. Many of them referred to Seattle as "elite" and mentioned the defense. I'll admit that Russell Wilson remains more of an unknown compared to RGIII but I was amazed at how many people around here were saying that the Seahawks might have the NFL's best defense, and at how much respect they had for our team. The media may not always be favorable, but I think it's time to realize that our club is good to the point where it's earning big-time respect on the East Coast, and there will be a lot of folks around here cheering for the Seahawks because they're a likeable and exciting team.

Another totally unrelated forum I was browsing had an NFL Playoffs thread in the off-topic section, and nearly everyone was raving over the Seahawks making a deep run.

It's time to settle down and realize folks everywhere are taking us seriously.

Seattle_Stunna_MD

Reaction score
^^Ditto to what you said, I too am experiencing the same thing out here in Maryland. Die-hard Hawks fan here and have primarily lived on the east coast most of my life. Here in MD, about 60 miles from DC, lots and lots of respect for the Hawks.

Local radio here in MD over the last few weeks has been spilling the love for the Hawks. We'll see what they actually have to say now, since you know, we are coming to TAKE OVER FEDEX!!!

Go Hawks!

pehawk

Reaction score
Shhh - just like Richard Sherman - Hawks fans are a better with chips on their shoulder.

AceBoogie715

Reaction score
Adding to what both of you guys said, I live here in Georgia. As many people here are Falcons fans, most can admit and respect that our Seahawks are legit and pose a threat to the rest of the league now. It's a great feeling.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
pehawk":as7x79rt said:
Shhh - just like Richard Sherman - Hawks fans are a better with chips on their shoulder.

No, children that didn't get enough attention from their parents are better with chips on their shoulders. Elite players bring it every game, all game, whether people love 'em or hate 'em.

We've crossed the threshold. We're not a team of under-appreciated kids anymore.

mikeak

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3rv1lziw said:
pehawk":3rv1lziw said:

No, children that didn't get enough attention from their parents are better with chips on their shoulders. Elite players bring it every game, all game, whether people love 'em or hate 'em.

We've crossed the threshold. We're not a team of under-appreciated kids anymore.

If you ever listen to an interview with Tom Brady you will realize he still plays with a chip on his shoulder......I do call him elite

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
mikeak":13tmfai0 said:
If you ever listen to an interview with Tom Brady you will realize he still plays with a chip on his shoulder......I do call him elite

Yeah, but I think he brings it because he's that good, not because he still hates having been drafted in the 6th round. Peyton Manning seems to do just fine without a chip on his shoulder, as do a bunch of other elite 1st-round choice players at various positions. *shrug*

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Sentrix":3aqp7nm4 said:
I live in New York, and judging by the attitude of alot of .NET'ers I can tell that maybe this will come as a slight shock, but I've been chatting with a fair amount of football fans this morning (all of them Bills, Giants, Eagles, or Steelers fans) and the majority of them are picking the Seahawks to beat Washington. Many of them referred to Seattle as "elite" and mentioned the defense. I'll admit that Russell Wilson remains more of an unknown compared to RGIII but I was amazed at how many people around here were saying that the Seahawks might have the NFL's best defense, and at how much respect they had for our team. The media may not always be favorable, but I think it's time to realize that our club is good to the point where it's earning big-time respect on the East Coast, and there will be a lot of folks around here cheering for the Seahawks because they're a likeable and exciting team.

Another totally unrelated forum I was browsing had an NFL Playoffs thread in the off-topic section, and nearly everyone was raving over the Seahawks making a deep run.

It's time to settle down and realize folks everywhere are taking us seriously.
Shhhh....Seattle fans are kinda like Richard Sherman. They need to have a chip on their shoulders to be the right kind of fans. If you go telling them the East Coast likes them and there is no bias, all their reason for living will be gone.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Respected and likeable... ok I'll take it, but I want to add something: feared. Knock Griffin/Morris out of the game (cleanly) and feared we will be. Man, would I love that!

:thfight7: :192215: :229031_faint:

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Having lived in Kentucky for a while with friends that are fans of StL, Tennessee, SF, and Washington...and now live in Tulsa, OK w a bunch of Dallas ad StL fans...I can tell you that the ONLY animosity I see towards Seattle has to do w Pete Carroll exclusively. However, even these guys respect the Hawks and are coming around on PC.

One of my good buddies is a Skins fan, and I can tell ya he's scared shitless!

The media is a lot slower to come around than the fan, and football fans realized early tho year that we were (are) completely legit.

Go Hawks!

MrCarey

Reaction score
All of my Redskins friends from back home in VA respect us. I think it helps to not be an obnoxious asshole about your team when they're doing well.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
pehawk":3kmxiggc said:
LOL...I swear I did NOT read your post before I wrote mine.

Vantucky Hawk

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3soc0qjx said:
pehawk":3soc0qjx said:

Nothing like a drunk and angry 12th man

MMMMMMMMM. I love chips, used to go to the Mcmenamins pubs down in Portland, they had great kettle chips.

sutz

Reaction score
MrCarey":1t3xh946 said:
All of my Redskins friends from back home in VA respect us. I think it helps to not be an obnoxious asshole about your team when they're doing well.
Where's the fun in that? We Seahawks fans have been dying to have a team we could finally be obnoxious assholes about for years! Now you're saying we have to be nice about it?

:sarcasm_off:

:laugh: