Seahawks are respected and a likeable team on East Coast

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • I live in New York, and judging by the attitude of alot of .NET'ers I can tell that maybe this will come as a slight shock, but I've been chatting with a fair amount of football fans this morning (all of them Bills, Giants, Eagles, or Steelers fans) and the majority of them are picking the Seahawks to beat Washington. Many of them referred to Seattle as "elite" and mentioned the defense. I'll admit that Russell Wilson remains more of an unknown compared to RGIII but I was amazed at how many people around here were saying that the Seahawks might have the NFL's best defense, and at how much respect they had for our team. The media may not always be favorable, but I think it's time to realize that our club is good to the point where it's earning big-time respect on the East Coast, and there will be a lot of folks around here cheering for the Seahawks because they're a likeable and exciting team.

Another totally unrelated forum I was browsing had an NFL Playoffs thread in the off-topic section, and nearly everyone was raving over the Seahawks making a deep run.

It's time to settle down and realize folks everywhere are taking us seriously.
    :49ersmall:
    Sentrix
    NET Rookie

• ^^Ditto to what you said, I too am experiencing the same thing out here in Maryland. Die-hard Hawks fan here and have primarily lived on the east coast most of my life. Here in MD, about 60 miles from DC, lots and lots of respect for the Hawks.

Local radio here in MD over the last few weeks has been spilling the love for the Hawks. We'll see what they actually have to say now, since you know, we are coming to TAKE OVER FEDEX!!!

Go Hawks!
    **ME LONG YOU LOVE TIME**
    Seattle_Stunna_MD
    NET Rookie

• Shhh - just like Richard Sherman - Hawks fans are a better with chips on their shoulder.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• RESPECT?, hell yes!
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Adding to what both of you guys said, I live here in Georgia. As many people here are Falcons fans, most can admit and respect that our Seahawks are legit and pose a threat to the rest of the league now. It's a great feeling.
    AceBoogie715
    NET Rookie

• Under the radar all the way to the Superbowl baby!
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

• pehawk wrote:Shhh - just like Richard Sherman - Hawks fans are a better with chips on their shoulder.

No, children that didn't get enough attention from their parents are better with chips on their shoulders. Elite players bring it every game, all game, whether people love 'em or hate 'em.

We've crossed the threshold. We're not a team of under-appreciated kids anymore.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    pehawk wrote:Shhh - just like Richard Sherman - Hawks fans are a better with chips on their shoulder.

No, children that didn't get enough attention from their parents are better with chips on their shoulders. Elite players bring it every game, all game, whether people love 'em or hate 'em.

We've crossed the threshold. We're not a team of under-appreciated kids anymore.

If you ever listen to an interview with Tom Brady you will realize he still plays with a chip on his shoulder......I do call him elite
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• mikeak wrote:If you ever listen to an interview with Tom Brady you will realize he still plays with a chip on his shoulder......I do call him elite

Yeah, but I think he brings it because he's that good, not because he still hates having been drafted in the 6th round. Peyton Manning seems to do just fine without a chip on his shoulder, as do a bunch of other elite 1st-round choice players at various positions. *shrug*
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• It's the same down here in Virginia...ESPN 980 gives a lot of respect to what Seattle has done this year.
    Kam Chancellor: The Chancellor of Defense
    Bruce Irvin: BruceMode
    Tharold Simon: Humble Thug
    Paul Richardson: BPR
    FortWorthSeahawk
    USAF BadAss

• Sentrix wrote:I live in New York, and judging by the attitude of alot of .NET'ers I can tell that maybe this will come as a slight shock, but I've been chatting with a fair amount of football fans this morning (all of them Bills, Giants, Eagles, or Steelers fans) and the majority of them are picking the Seahawks to beat Washington. Many of them referred to Seattle as "elite" and mentioned the defense. I'll admit that Russell Wilson remains more of an unknown compared to RGIII but I was amazed at how many people around here were saying that the Seahawks might have the NFL's best defense, and at how much respect they had for our team. The media may not always be favorable, but I think it's time to realize that our club is good to the point where it's earning big-time respect on the East Coast, and there will be a lot of folks around here cheering for the Seahawks because they're a likeable and exciting team.

Another totally unrelated forum I was browsing had an NFL Playoffs thread in the off-topic section, and nearly everyone was raving over the Seahawks making a deep run.

It's time to settle down and realize folks everywhere are taking us seriously.

Shhhh....Seattle fans are kinda like Richard Sherman. They need to have a chip on their shoulders to be the right kind of fans. If you go telling them the East Coast likes them and there is no bias, all their reason for living will be gone.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• Respected and likeable... ok I'll take it, but I want to add something: feared. Knock Griffin/Morris out of the game (cleanly) and feared we will be. Man, would I love that!

:thfight7: :192215: :229031_faint:
    Formerly known as Seahawk425.
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

• Having lived in Kentucky for a while with friends that are fans of StL, Tennessee, SF, and Washington...and now live in Tulsa, OK w a bunch of Dallas ad StL fans...I can tell you that the ONLY animosity I see towards Seattle has to do w Pete Carroll exclusively. However, even these guys respect the Hawks and are coming around on PC.

One of my good buddies is a Skins fan, and I can tell ya he's scared shitless!

The media is a lot slower to come around than the fan, and football fans realized early tho year that we were (are) completely legit.

Go Hawks!
    LoneHawkFan
    NET Rookie

• All of my Redskins friends from back home in VA respect us. I think it helps to not be an obnoxious asshole about your team when they're doing well.
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

• pehawk wrote:Shhh - just like Richard Sherman - Hawks fans are a better with chips on their shoulder.

LOL...I swear I did NOT read your post before I wrote mine.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Nothing like a drunk and angry 12th man
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• therealjohncarlson wrote:
    pehawk wrote:Shhh - just like Richard Sherman - Hawks fans are a better with chips on their shoulder.

Nothing like a drunk and angry 12th man

MMMMMMMMM. I love chips, used to go to the Mcmenamins pubs down in Portland, they had great kettle chips.
    Vantucky Hawk
    NET Bench Warmer

*Ridiculously Photogenic:

DohBoy
    DohBoy
    NET Starter

• MrCarey wrote:All of my Redskins friends from back home in VA respect us. I think it helps to not be an obnoxious asshole about your team when they're doing well.

Where's the fun in that? We Seahawks fans have been dying to have a team we could finally be obnoxious assholes about for years! Now you're saying we have to be nice about it?

:sarcasm_off:

:laugh:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:06 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information