Richard Sherman...pre-season goal acheived

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • True, Scutter; but to be honest, I was almost hoping the Rams would tie it up so we could go into overtime to give Wilson a chance to break Peyton's record.

I know, I know...I can't help it. I wanted that for him (and my own bragging ego; I admit it) badly.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:Who said that? Not me.

To be fair, you implied it; even if it was unintentional. It sounds like that's what you think about him, to most of the rest of us in this thread.

Nope. I said he needed to tone it down. Nothing about hiding in the shadows.
    I like the attitude. I like the trash talk. Just not each an every day.

Oh and I should not even say needed to. He doesn't really because look how he plays. I just said that it wasn't really my style.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• I've never really been fans of braggadocious, in-your-face players, but when they're on your team and playing at a high level (GP) it is so much fun!
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• Tech Worlds wrote:Here is my unpopular view of Sherman.

He is a hell of a player but I honestly wish he wouldn't be so bragadochous.

Just not my style. His play should,does, and will speak for itself. He takes away from his greatness at times with his look at me attitude.

Dude is great player, and a great team mate but I feel he hurts his perception with his mouth.

Unpopular view around here, I know.

I don't really see him as that type. He's not Deion Sanders. He's just having fun. :twocents:
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Just not my style. His play should,does, and will speak for itself. He takes away from his greatness at times with his look at me attitude.

Dude is great player, and a great team mate but I feel he hurts his perception with his mouth.

I can respect that.

If he has a bad game or two, he just doubled the criticism he will get. Or more. When you constantly talk it, you must constantly walk it.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

I hate cockiness, but I absolutely love Shermans cockiness. He does it imo to put a target on his back on purpose. And he backs it up.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• Steve2222, you might be on to something, here. Sherman might be baiting QBs outside of games to try and get them to throw on him. Hmmm...interesting. More targets = more opportunities.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Sherman's the best CB on the planet and I can't believe we have people here bitching about him. He's not even 'Trash-talking' he's FACT talking and backing every bit of it up.

Go Sherman.
    Last edited by Jazzhawk on Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• Jazzhawk wrote:Sherman's the best QB on the planet...

Go Sherman.

Nah, that's Russell Wilson. :)
    SeaChase wrote:One thing I noticed,well in my opinion,is that Wilson isnt a good passer.
    KillerB
    NET Rookie

• KillerB wrote:
    Jazzhawk wrote:Sherman's the best QB on the planet...

Go Sherman.

Nah, that's Russell Wilson. :)

LOL.... ya, fixed. Thanks.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• love his swagger, much needed for a team to be successful on the road
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• He is definitely a leader by example of his play. Our secondary has "It". I look forward to seeing more of it against the skins.
    Go Hawks!
    OlyHawk
    NET Rookie

• Steve2222 wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:Here is my unpopular view of Sherman.

I hate cockiness, but I absolutely love Shermans cockiness. He does it imo to put a target on his back on purpose. And he backs it up.

I remember I read an article that said right before Brady threw the pick to Sherman, Sherman was trash talking him a whole bunch, saying stuff about how he never threw to his side. Then Brady tried it, and voila, pick.......

But yeah, he said he used his trash talk to get QB's to throw at him. Probably the reason Brady threw that ill-advised pass.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• All I can say: "You Mad Bro" come on, love it.
    "A superstar can win any game; however, a team can win every game".
    Renohawk
    NET Starter

• I have no problem with him popping off at the mouth, its great IMO.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• After many years of mediocre CB play from players like Kelly Jennings and Josh Brown, I'll take Sherman and Browner every day... and some attitude that comes with them.

Sherman's cool. Not over the edge like some here think.
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• Jazzhawk wrote:Sherman's the best CB on the planet and I can't believe we have people here bitching about him. He's not even 'Trash-talking' he's FACT talking and backing every bit of it up.

Go Sherman.

Well said. Concur 100%

onanygivensunday wrote:After many years of mediocre CB play from players like Kelly Jennings and Josh Brown, I'll take Sherman and Browner every day... and some attitude that comes with them......

Well said. Concur 100%
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Next

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:04 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]