Richard Sherman...pre-season goal acheived

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yet no Pro Bowl. Way to go NFL!

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Stay angry, Sherm. We need that intensity and fire for our Super Bowl run.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Here is my unpopular view of Sherman.

He is a hell of a player but I honestly wish he wouldn't be so bragadochous.

Just not my style. His play should,does, and will speak for itself. He takes away from his greatness at times with his look at me attitude.

Dude is great player, and a great team mate but I feel he hurts his perception with his mouth.

Unpopular view around here, I know.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
This tweet smacks of someone who is still pissed about being snubbed.

Sherman "according to the numbers/the numbers don't lie." Translation - take your votes and shove them where the sun don't shine, my numbers do the talking.

Fox0r

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2n0p2kb3 said:

Just not my style. His play should,does, and will speak for itself. He takes away from his greatness at times with his look at me attitude.

Dude is great player, and a great team mate but I feel he hurts his perception with his mouth.

100% agree with you.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Outstanding job, Sherman! And I completely disagree on the attitude, but not really for the reason most obvious. I think we do better with a number of very different characters on the team. He's a key part of that aspect of attitude our team needs to survive. Look at some of the leaders of our team, and you'll see very different attitudes that mesh well to form a complete team.

Wilson - calm, inspiring, humble, driven.
Lynch - introverted, shy, smashmouth, driven.
Thomas - quiet, focused, alert, driven.
Sherman - loud, flamboyant, chippy, driven.

See the common theme?

rigelian

Reaction score
The more I hear about Sherman the more I like about him. During the Redskin-Cowboys game last night they told a story about Harbough's effort to convince RGIII to come to Stanford to play along with the already recruited Luck. Harbough tried to convince RGIII that a shared QB arrangement would work at Stanford.

Apparently Sherman was assigned to show RGIII around. RGIII mentioned to Sherman what Harbough proposed and Sherm told him...uh that's not going to work. Beside showing what a dishonest jerk that Harbough was, it also demonstrated Sherman's basic integrity.

sutz

Reaction score
Whatever, I really don't see the kind of cheap trash talk we used to get from Divas like Neon Deion and TO.

I can live with Sherm having a bit of an attitude. He's earned the right, IMO.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Sherman is anti-"character guy."

But outside of his mouthy antics, he seems very chill. On the field though he's mouthing off at the WR, QB, etc.

A guy like Sherman would have never been drafted by Ruskell or Homlgren. The only coach that could actually see his talents would probably be Mora.

During his rookie year I wasn't a fan of his antics because he got flagged for them but has since learned to play within the rules and has been outstanding for it.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2nz777nz said:

I dont' think he's bragging, I think he feels disrespected and has a chip on his shoulder.

As one of my favorite literary characters once said, "It's not arrogance, it's only accurate self assessment."

Atradees

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3pmtvgv3 said:

I know! I hear ya. :thirishdrinkers:

falcongoggles

Reaction score
We have the best CB in football and people are complaining about his attitude. Dude, lights the team up and gets them going. Give me a break. Have you seen the other prima donnas in the NFL? Sherm is a cupcake in comparison.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2hf8fmtx said:

I like my team to have a bunch of different types of guys on it. Sure, you have your guys like Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch who let their play speak for themselves. But the team would be boring if we only had these types of characters. I love that we have players like Dick Sherman who bring the play and their voice. It just makes the team, that is here for entertainment purposes anyway, so much more interesting to follow.

HansGruber

Reaction score
I love his attitude.

Personally, I have never understood the Seattle vibe. Everyone in this city acts so meek, so timid and passive. I actually find that pretty annoying, and greatly prefer Sherman's very LA attitude. In fact, it's one of the things I love about LA as a city - full of brash, outsized personalities. I love people who talk big, walk big, and live big. I find it inspiring and it makes me want to push myself harder in my own life.

Yes, I understand there is a group of folks out there who think you have to be quiet and let your actions define you. That's okay for them. Whatever. I appreciate people like Sherman, who say out loud what they are going to do, who they want to be, and then go out and MAKE IT HAPPEN. I just love that. I did the same thing actually. When my parents asked me what I was going to do with my new degree, I told them I was going back to school because I wanted to discover a cure for Alzheimer's. They both thought I was crazy. Why couldn't I just go get a good middle-class accounting job and pay off my student loans? Have some humility!! Whatever. Did I find a cure for Alzheimer's? Not yet. But I've had a lot of fun trying, and I continue to strive to live up to that goal I set for myself. And I really don't see any problem with other people who likewise set their goals verbally, let the world know who they are and what they are going to do. More power to Sherman!

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1zpsa1tc said:

I generally agree with this, but find my self appreciating having the swagger he brings on the team. Not my style either, but I think as long as he continues to back it with his play it is another important piece to what this team is becoming.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1xx1w46z said:

Yes, but no individual on this board is harsher on the players than you.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":261p9psi said:

Right there with you Tech as I am one who likes guys that let their play speak for them, however, its not always bad having at least one guy that is not afraid to speak his mind on a team and that is Sherm for us. Plus, he has been snubbed out of a lot of things like the pro-bowl so he does have some wiggle room to complain and boast.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Normally I wouldn't care for that kind of character but he reminds me of Gary Payton who is one of my all-time favorite sports players.