Did the Seahawks play conservatively on offense on purpose?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • I was at the game yesterday, and I couldn't help but feel like they didn't do too much on offense for a bigger purpose. Yeah the stupid penalties were probably the cause of the mainly conservative play calling, but do you think it may have something to do with the upcoming playoff game (as in to not give away too much)?
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

• I think the ferocity of the Rams' defensive line necessitated a more conservative, ball control approach. Minimizing turnovers is priority #1 with our offense, sometimes to the chagrin of those watching the games.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• When plays don't work they look very conservative.

When plays work they look very explosive.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Yeah I agree with both points. I'll take my tinfoil hat off now.
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

• I think they did play very vanilla. We didn't see a lot of extra wrinkles, other than an onsides kick, which probably won't happen in the playoffs unless we need it. Certainly not as a trick play. Explosive isn't the same as not playing conservatively. Big, explosive gains can (and did) happen, regardless of how basic the formations are or how many little wrinkles are added to the play. We also weren't playing from behind, needing a win to secure anything for the playoffs, so there was no need to take huge gambles.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• I'm still annoyed with Bevell for taking 2.5 quarters to recognize that we had to change what we were doing on offense. It shouldn't take an entire half of a game to see that a monstrous D-line is eating your O-line alive on almost every down. Credit him for changing it for most of the second half, but we can't wait that long to adjust in a game like the NFCCG or the Super Bowl and expect to win.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Pete said as much on Brock and Salk this morning.
    Reaneypark
    NET Veteran

• It did look like they had dialed down both their O and D gameplans, maybe on purpose. The played a base zone coverage on D most of the night with no real exotic pass rushing and play calling. Same goes for the O. They would run, run, and run some more with a few passing plays mixed in, but nothing too crazy. I think that they were trying to put as little on tape for whomever we were going to play the next week. I really look forward to what they are going to pull out in Southern MD.
    ctown12
    NET Rookie

• Reaneypark wrote:Pete said as much on Brock and Salk this morning.

care to elaborate for those of us who can't listen?
    "I don't know what you're talking about." GT
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran

• TriCHawk wrote:
    Reaneypark wrote:Pete said as much on Brock and Salk this morning.

care to elaborate for those of us who can't listen?

Same. Please provide further details.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• "Est autem fides credere quod nondum vides; cuius fidei merces est videre quod credis."
    Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
    (St. Augustine of Hippo)

"Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim."
    (“Ovid”)
    FidelisHawk
    NET Starter

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:40 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information