Sidney Rice

Seaswab

Reaction score
0 catches this week and one last week. What do you think is going on there?

The Radish

Reaction score
Would it be to obvious to mention he has a hurt ankle and they are taking it easy on him to give it a chance to heal so we can use him the usual way?

:sarcasm_off:

OP
OP
S

Seaswab

Reaction score
The Radish":25c66wax said:
Would it be to obvious to mention he has a hurt ankle and they are taking it easy on him to give it a chance to heal so we can use him the usual way?

I don't think it's totally obvious, but its a conclusion you could draw. Looks like he is running ok to me though.

The Radish

Reaction score
Seaswab":2f42lr89 said:
The Radish":2f42lr89 said:

I don't think it's totally obvious, but its a conclusion you could draw. Looks like he is running ok to me though.

He's been hurt the last couple of weeks. Sorry to be smartassed I thought it was common knowledge.

:D

OP
OP
S

Seaswab

Reaction score
The Radish":1weto4x3 said:
Seaswab":1weto4x3 said:
The Radish":1weto4x3 said:

He's been hurt the last couple of weeks. Sorry to be smartassed I thought it was common knowledge.

:D

Then if he's playing he should be ok to catch some passes as our #1 WR

taz291819

Reaction score
hawksfanohio":16mfgcpf said:
I think he was being used as a decoy until he gets healthier. I guess he's healthy enough to run but maybe they wanted him to avoid as much contact as possible.

That has been my thoughts as well.

piston bully

Reaction score
Saw Rice open a fair amount over the middle yesterday, looks like they are just not throwing his direction.Might be they are letting him heal.Any player willing to take a head shot to stick the ball over the goalline is getting the benifit of the doubt from me.

sutz

Reaction score
Being a/the "#1" WR does not mean he has to lead the team in receptions every game.

;)

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I think Sidney will have a considerable impact Sunday. Look at the defenses we've faced the last 2 weeks, they are able to dictate who you throw to and it was clear they intended to limit Russ's number 1 target.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I am a little concerned as well, but I believe he is a little banged up and they have just been limiting his targets as to get him healthy. Hopefully he turns it on in the playoffs, we need him too!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The Radish":2e6c58hi said:

As Randolph Scott would say, YEP :snack:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
sutz":2b7uaz44 said:
Being a/the "#1" WR does not mean he has to lead the team in receptions every game.

;)
At's right, the Defenses HAVE to respect his presence on the field of play, and that's an edge, wether he's catching balls, or just running simple routes :16:

SNDavidson

Reaction score
"St. Louis also has better cornerbacks than almost any other team Seattle will face in the post-season. They wiped Sidney Rice off the map and were in tight coverage on each of Golden Tate's catches, and Doug Baldwin's penalty-reversed grab. It gets more physical and the referees call less in the playoffs."

Hawkblogger

http://www.hawkblogger.com/2012/12/the- ... e-out.html

sturg78

Reaction score
He was open a lot yesterday deep. You could see him getting frustrated being open and not seen or Russ was too rushed to throw. Lack of catches was not due to him not getting open.

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
SNDavidson":3ato79u6 said:
"St. Louis also has better cornerbacks than almost any other team Seattle will face in the post-season. They wiped Sidney Rice off the map and were in tight coverage on each of Golden Tate's catches, and Doug Baldwin's penalty-reversed grab. It gets more physical and the referees call less in the playoffs."

Hawkblogger

http://www.hawkblogger.com/2012/12/the- ... e-out.html

Hopefully this is true because if it is then it definitely favors Seattle with their physical play at corner. They take receivers out of the game.