Russell Wilson - 4th in the NFL in QB Rating to close out...

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Amazing, never thought Id see it, #4 QB in the NFL by rating.

Also thought I'd never see us have a #1 Defense in the NFL by points....

Amazing year.

Way to go PC/JS for assembling this amazing team of players.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
That is best all-time by a seahawk. I believe Hass had 98.1 in '05?

Kinda weird that Russell and RGIII ended up with the exact same amount of pass attempts.

ROY! ROY! ROY!

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Fox0r":23o6m0ty said:
Higher QB rating than Tom Brady ...... TOM BRADY!

Someone explain this to me. I've never really thought of QB rating as a flawed stat until now. How does a QB with a slightly lower completion percentage (63% to 64.1%), approximately 1700 more passing yards, 8 more TDs, and 2 fewer interceptions end up with a lower QB rating? What is the formula? Is there a ton of weight placed on attempts?

kearly

Reaction score
Passer rating is an efficiency stat, not a counting stat. Wilson has the edge in completion rate, yards per attempt, and TD's per attempt. The only thing he's behind Brady on is interceptions per attempt, and most of Wilson's interceptions this year have been of the unlucky variety rather than the bad decision variety.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Awesome, and I got to give some credit to Lynch and the O-line for helping him achieve that rating as well with Lynch having a career season. Wilson's stellar play is a big reason for that rating and not to take anything away from him as he was consistently awesome for much of the year. Great individual effort especially at the Bears game when the refs and everything seemed stacked against them, damn that was awesome.

Reaction score
Seanhawk":7rwttf3s said:
Fox0r":7rwttf3s said:

Someone explain this to me. I've never really thought of QB rating as a flawed stat until now. How does a QB with a slightly lower completion percentage (63% to 64.1%), approximately 1700 more passing yards, 8 more TDs, and 2 fewer interceptions end up with a lower QB rating? What is the formula? Is there a ton of weight placed on attempts?

Wilson and Brady are also below Alex Smith if that makes sense...

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
QuickLightning":231tohpv said:
Seanhawk":231tohpv said:
Fox0r":231tohpv said:

Wilson and Brady are also below Alex Smith if that makes sense...

Yep, he made the playoffs too.... As a backup.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Looking at the splits, he has the best rating of any QB in the entire NFL @ home (123.6). Amazing, that is how you go 8-0!

BobcatHawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1ymi2wqy said:
Fox0r":1ymi2wqy said:

From http://www.primecomputing.com/formula.htm:

a = (((Comp/Att) * 100) -30) / 20
b = ((TDs/Att) * 100) / 5
c = (9.5 - ((Int/Att) * 100)) / 4
d = ((Yards/Att) - 3) / 4

a, b, c and d can not be greater than 2.375 or less than zero.

QB Rating = (a + b + c + d) / .06